Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Liam has spoken

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I know a little about corporate comms and the bottom line is you can't do good comms without something of substance to communicate about. And that's the crux of the matter.

Blaming bad comms is like blaming a delivery driver when the factory's collapsed.
Nothing to say so no point in saying it

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, I found Liams article more interesting than list of things that in hindsight went wrong. I have a memory.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've never heard the story about the apparent partial tear of ACL in Sasa's knee where he joined. If this is true, we are doomed. It would be way below any acceptable level of professionalism from the medical team and from Lage (Sellars?) to play him that day. Let alone sign him with such a problem when we needed a fit striker immediately.

In the recent months we also saw doctor Perry leaving. He always came across as a top professional. Another top pro lost by the club. I wonder whether it would happen if he was still on board.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe mention Wolves Fan Parliament being ‘disbanded’, when it was an opportunity for intelligent people to question our ‘leaders’ about everything connected to the club.

I have put inverted commas around the word ‘disbanded’ because of my doubts if that is the correct word. Has the Fans Parliament finished?

Another nail in the coffin for communication if it has.
Perhaps put them around intelligent people too lol
Seriously communication is key
It doesnt mean every little thing has to be debated in public every day,but not to hear anything from the club in months is criminal
We are struggling in the league,we have no manager,and rumours about our owners abound
It doesnt take Liam or any journo to highlight the mistakes made,they are obvious
Surely it must be obvious to those in charge that the fans are restless to say the least
The problem is we have no one in the club that will take that responsibility to put their head above the parapet and face the public
If its Sellars job to do so then get out and do it, or just get out

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesnt mean every little thing has to be debated in public every day,but not to hear anything from the club in months is criminal
We are struggling in the league,we have no manager,and rumours about our owners abound
It doesnt take Liam or any journo to highlight the mistakes made,they are obvious
Surely it must be obvious to those in charge that the fans are restless to say the least
The problem is we have no one in the club that will take that responsibility to put their head above the parapet and face the public
Absolutely agree BCW.

With the Fans Parliament, at least questions were being asked and we found out the answers that were given.

Now that's been disbanded (why?), it seems obvious we will get no communication from the club unless our local journo's get involved. Having said that, if they did get involved, they would probably get a gagging order, restricting them to what could be reported!

It would be respectful to the fans if Jeff Shi would actually say something positive, to end (hopefully) this constant barrage of negativity surrounding our great, historic, proud club.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Frankly I don’t think Jeff Shi cares a jot about what fans or the media think unless it has a material financial impact.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Frankly I don’t think Jeff Shi cares a jot about what fans or the media think unless it has a material financial impact.

Sadly that is how it is however relegation to the championship and a few thousand empty seats will re-focus him.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will it though.

It may lead him to think you know what, **** it.
It will have an impact, as the coverage will be less, the opportunity to sell to his preferred market (overseas) reduced and the look of a toxic Molineux baying for his blood will not help the brand either.

Communication for the sake of it is a no no in the corporate world. Too much comms and people feel spammed. How many people are, like me, ignoring the daily sales announcement from the club shop. However, if you’re about to lose your customer base it is time to start communicating. If people remember Jeff basically said he couldn’t be bothered with communicating with fans who attend in his ‘you don’t tell your wife you love her everyday’ statement. Well Jeff, if you’ve ****ed up big time and gambled the house on a 100-1 shot, not bothered fixing the leaking roof and not bothered speaking to her for weeks whilst warning notices come in you’d better ****ing say you love her on a daily basis otherwise you’ll be out on your **** with severe earache. You’re also well advised to correct the **** ups you’ve made.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe.

I’d be surprised if the people at the top weren’t already aware of fan feelings. They even referenced it in Bruno’s sacking speech.
I am sure they're aware.

If they really care is another question.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For ****s sake. Every single day there’s more depression.

Surely something positive (even small) could happen.

Prayer time
I’ve had a client call and rearrange an appointment which means I’m free to go home from work at 2:30. Does that help?

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve had a client call and rearrange an appointment which means I’m free to go home from work at 2:30. Does that help?
Well it’s at least positive haha. I’ve got the rest of the week off work until Saturday so I guess that’s also a positive.

But putting the negative spin on it…… it gives more time to ponder the disaster that is wolves

Reactions: Ned

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know a little about corporate comms and the bottom line is you can't do good comms without something of substance to communicate about. And that's the crux of the matter.

Blaming bad comms is like blaming a delivery driver when the factory's collapsed.

Also an annoying jibe at 'social media'. Things were much more poisonous after we sold Akinbiyi in the late 90s: Sir Jack was surrounded by hundreds outside the stadium (the club claimed he was spat at: I never believed this). At the time the club blamed A Load of Bull.
I thought it was when Bully retired, Robbie Keane was sold for £6.5mil without a sell on and then Walsall came to town and beat us.

The final straw for a lot, around the front they went.

Never believed the spitting claim myself but it was heated.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was when Bully retired, Robbie Keane was sold for £6.5mil without a sell on and then Walsall came to town and beat us.

The final straw for a lot, around the front they went.

Never believed the spitting claim myself but it was heated.
Think there were two separate 'mob' incidents: the one I'm thinking of was after a Palace game in 2000, so a year after Keane was sold. Guardian article below mentions it towards the end.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone learn anything new from that article ?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Also an annoying jibe at 'social media'. Things were much more poisonous after we sold Akinbiyi in the late 90s: Sir Jack was surrounded by hundreds outside the stadium (the club claimed he was spat at: I never believed this). At the time the club blamed A Load of Bull.

I guess that’s the point though. It’s not that fans want Shi to come out and make a statement that says nothing new or that we don’t know. We want Shi to come out and acknowledge mistakes have been made, accept responsibility, and set out some sensible plan to address them.

From watching the prior Ask Wolves videos, I don’t think that’s going to happen. I think if he does say anything more, it will be more waffle and excuses, with no admission of errors on his part, or on the part of his leadership team. I’m familiar with corporate comms myself, and I hate that kind of communication when my company did it. More than once I had to draw my leadership team together, acknowledge the lack of substance in the commas from above, and give them my interpretation and insights. Not to undermine my leadership, but to cut through the waffle, provide some useful information, and give them the authority to share with their teams.

The mood amongst fans will spiral down pretty quickly if we don’t see some positive action soon, performances on the pitch remain as is, and rumours continue to circulate of further bad news to come. Fosun and Shi have a considerable amount of good will accumulated, but mistakes over the past couple of years are eroding it, and once gone, it will be very hard to regain as our previous owners found.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess that’s the point though. It’s not that fans want Shi to come out and make a statement that says nothing new or that we don’t know. We want Shi to come out and acknowledge mistakes have been made, accept responsibility, and set out some sensible plan to address them.

I personally wouldn't even care about that first part, to be honest. Empty mea culpas just fill space. I'd simply like to see some evidence that Fosun give a damn about the current situation, and that would be best demonstrated by appointing a competent head coach and medical team as soon as possible and then sodding off into the background to allow that new coaching team to do their jobs to the best of their ability. What's done is done, no apologies or explanations can repair the amateurish shenanigans of the past month, they just need to stop cowing around like a peck of puckered ****holes and get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom