Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Liam has spoken

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Fair play to him. Seems well balanced and constructive. Realistically, there is more chance of the hierarchy reading his piece than Mol Mix. His call for communication will probably fall on deaf ears.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pretty decent read…I really hope it gets back to Shi

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to him. Seems well balanced and constructive. Realistically, there is more chance of the hierarchy reading his piece than Mol Mix. His call for communication will probably fall on deaf ears.
I believe Specsavers are selling hearing aids as well as spectacles these days.
If these two clowns go then maybe we can get back to seeing some spectacles of our own.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Communication is great.
When they are making these mind boggling decisions, an explanation will be absolutely peachy.
Ask Wolves unleashed.

Or better still, communicate by sticking a team on the pitch, well coached, capable and motivated to do it's best. That will be communication enough for now.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said Liam. I doubt Shi will find it as interesting as his own opinions.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said in my 'Statement' thread last night that I hoped some Wolves club people read the Mix; obviously Liam Keen does. He echoes in his article everything that is said on here. At least he represents the views of Wolves fans. We still need to hear from Shi, whether it's a load of *******s or we don't believe it, we still need and deserve to hear something.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a bit of a meh article for me which could have been created by cutting and pasting various threads on here. I also disagree with the pass that Sellars appears to get considering that he himself was claiming he had responsibility for football decisions. Communication is important but Inprefer to see action rather than being patronised.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forgive me taking a contrary view but it doesn't say anything at all.
"Wolves are in a mess and one key ingredient has been missing for some time - football knowledge in the boardroom."
There, Liam, fixed it for you...
I guess Liam has to be a little bit careful with some of his comments, otherwise he would be banned from the Mol.

At least he opened his mouth and actually put a lot of our thoughts in the public domain.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
It’s a bit of a meh article for me which could have been created by cutting and pasting various threads on here. I also disagree with the pass that Sellars appears to get considering that he himself was claiming he had responsibility for football decisions. Communication is important but Inprefer to see action rather than being patronised.
Agree really, communication doesn’t solve the lack of competence at the top.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we
Agree really, communication doesn’t solve the lack of competence at the top.
Communication may not solve the lack of competence, Jade, but it creates awareness.

Liam Keens article has created that awareness and Shi, Sellars, Mendes and Fosun need to know.

It doesn’t solve the lack of competence at the top, no, but it’s a bloody good start imo. Not controversial, but a bloody good start.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
we

Communication may not solve the lack of competence, Jade, but it creates awareness.

Liam Keens article has created that awareness and Shi, Sellars, Mendes and Fosun need to know.

It doesn’t solve the lack of competence at the top, no, but it’s a bloody good start imo. Not controversial, but a bloody good start.
Maybe.

I’d be surprised if the people at the top weren’t already aware of fan feelings. They even referenced it in Bruno’s sacking speech.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely, maybe.

All clubs must be aware of fans feelings, whether they play in the Premier League or 15 divisions lower.

We are making ourselves heard and hopefully the people at the top will finally listen.

Will it make any difference? Let’s hope we soon find out.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely, maybe.

All clubs must be aware of fans feelings, whether they play in the Premier League or 15 divisions lower.

We are making ourselves heard and hopefully the people at the top will finally listen.

Will it make any difference? Let’s hope we soon find out.
This is why a number of football fans have deserted their original favoured team because they do not feel that connection anymore and have started to watch matches at smaller clubs.

Martin Riggs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personally speaking I'm not really interested in hearing what Shi has to say, to be honest I avoid even the manager and players interviews as it's usually cliche ridden waffle to fulfil media contracts. It's all very simple in my opinion, we have a decent squad and there are plenty of managers who want the job as it's the Premier League so just pick one. If he's incapable of doing it then resign. Do we really need a sit down interview with him or Sellars to tell us they can't find anyone yet? Last I heard of Shi he was rambling about legacy fans and gaming or was it fashion? I can't remember.

Find a manager and an announcement via their usual social media outlets is all the communication we require.

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is why a number of football fans have deserted their original favoured team because they do not feel that connection anymore and have started to watch matches at smaller clubs.
Funny you say this about supporting smaller teams but I was thinking today how ****ing **** it is in the Prem and how life would be so much simpler if Wolves were just a mid-table Lg 2 team who just ambled along a bit like Rochdale or Crawley; no real ambitions, just the occasional cup run or to finish in the top half. Enjoying going to games with 3,000 others and having a laugh, win, lose or draw. Nothing to get hung up about. Nothing to lose sleep over. The Prem just kills you. There we were not that long ago dreaming of flights to Saltzburg and Dortmund and now we're checking train schedules to Plymouth and Peterborough!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally speaking I'm not really interesting in hearing what Shi has to say, to be honest I avoid even the manager and players interviews as it's usually cliche ridden waffle to fulfil media contracts. It's all very simple in my opinion, we have a decent squad and there are plenty of managers who want the job as it's the Premier League so just pick one. If he's incapable of doing it then resign. Do we really need a sit down interview with him or Sellars to tell us they can't find anyone yet? Last I heard of Shi he was rambling about legacy fans and gaming or was it fashion? I can't remember.

Find a manager and an announcement via their usual social media outlets is all the communication we require.
Completely agree. I have no interest in club curated statements - whatever club that is. Do the talking on the pitch

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just catching up and thought Liam Gallagher was taking over .

Imagine him in the dressing room . Ladssssss yoummmm soft as ****eeee. Maddd for itttt

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks. Thats my **** boiling for the day. All ythe **** ups in paragraphs and from this year. Jesus wept. ****ing shambolic
Sorry, mate. I'll e-mail you a couple of blood pressure tablets. Hope you're keeping well...

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually have a solution to our managerial problem that will keep Fosun happy - the old fellow who was removed from the Chinese Party Congress last week. He's clearly available and no more confused than anyone else.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally speaking I'm not really interested in hearing what Shi has to say, to be honest I avoid even the manager and players interviews as it's usually cliche ridden waffle to fulfil media contracts. It's all very simple in my opinion, we have a decent squad and there are plenty of managers who want the job as it's the Premier League so just pick one. If he's incapable of doing it then resign. Do we really need a sit down interview with him or Sellars to tell us they can't find anyone yet? Last I heard of Shi he was rambling about legacy fans and gaming or was it fashion? I can't remember.

That really is the crux of the matter
Do your job and do it well or pass the job to someone who does know what they are doing
I have to blame Guo for letting this farce continue

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
1666768372400.png
Also a great article in The Athletic today from baldy.
This is what I have feared about our Mendes clientele

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, mate. I'll e-mail you a couple of blood pressure tablets. Hope you're keeping well...
Thank you very well and hope you are likewise. I hate to say I was right , but it appears my concerns :rolleyes: were valid after all. Funny that

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
This thread on Twitter - sadly - is a far better analysis than Liam's...

This really deserves a sticky.

Everyone should read that Twitter thread to really get a sense of the shambles the club are in at the moment.

Scary thing it it’s only a summary of the things that have gone on the last 6/12 months and what is publicly known to fans (so who knows what is going on behind the scenes ) and has missed out other key things too such as Bolys situation, playing Neves at CB instead of Toti or Bueno (took the U21 and U18 coaches to see that solution!), part of the ground being closed, a fire in the Billy Wright……

Then you add things from 12/18 months such as the bizarre Traore loan to Barca last season which arguably weakened a squad pushing for Europe, splurging £14 million on Hwang before his ‘try before you buy’ period expired seemingly on the basis of media exposure in the Asian market while missing out on players such as Sven Botman because of quibbling over £5million on the release clause…….

Season ticket holders shelled out a load of extra cash the last couple of seasons on the basis of improvement, you even now need to be a paid up ‘member’ to have the privilege of being able to access tickets a couple of days early!

Well right now I’m seeing my money being junked down the pan, and the decision making combined with the radio silence that’s coming from the clubs executives is doing nothing except demonstrate the contempt for all fans, it just for people like me who for the sake of using the clubs language, are ‘legacy fans’.

It’s not doom and gloom to be calling this stuff out because as fans we should be concerned as to what is going on, in any other environment this would be getting way more exposure and discussion, but instead we’re being told to put up and shut up.

Yes Fosun today are the clubs owners, and yes Jeff is the chairman of the club, and yes they have given Wolves fans some great times, but they should also consider they are custodians of something that is very special to a lot of people and if they’re not prepared to invest any more that’s fine, but they should also look after and respect it until they can find someone else who is.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even after all the mistakes listed in that thread, there’s still probably some missing.

We are being run by incompetent idiots.
Maybe mention Wolves Fan Parliament being ‘disbanded’, when it was an opportunity for intelligent people to question our ‘leaders’ about everything connected to the club.

I have put inverted commas around the word ‘disbanded’ because of my doubts if that is the correct word. Has the Fans Parliament finished?

Another nail in the coffin for communication if it has.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Maybe mention Wolves Fan Parliament being ‘disbanded’, when it was an opportunity for intelligent people to question our ‘leaders’ about everything connected to the club.

I have put inverted commas around the word ‘disbanded’ because of my doubts if that is the correct word. Has the Fans Parliament finished?

Another nail in the coffin for communication if it has.
Yes completely disbanded last year

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know a little about corporate comms and the bottom line is you can't do good comms without something of substance to communicate about. And that's the crux of the matter.

Blaming bad comms is like blaming a delivery driver when the factory's collapsed.

Also an annoying jibe at 'social media'. Things were much more poisonous after we sold Akinbiyi in the late 90s: Sir Jack was surrounded by hundreds outside the stadium (the club claimed he was spat at: I never believed this). At the time the club blamed A Load of Bull.

Back
Top Bottom