Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lets discuss Fabio and his future .

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For pretty much all of his career so far, bar here, he's spent playing in teams that end up dominating large parts of their games.

The plan originally was probably, with Raul, we could have afforded Silva the time to learn how to play in a team that doesn't and become far more rounded where he creates his own chances, understands how to play with his back to goal and drag his team up the pitch ect but unfortunately than quickly went out the window.

I don't really see how the loan moves last year were really going to help him overcome the side of his game he needs to, to work for us. Whether that is down to Silva, his dad, his agent or just those at our club getting it totally wrong (probably a combination of all) but a couple of confidence boosting loan spells seem to have just done that with little else and as it's worn off he's regressed again.

I suspect it's unfortunately too late now for his career here, and the inevitable Jan loan, will be with a view of him bagging as many goals as he can somewhere with a hope of some club being blinded to his weakness rather than somewhere he would be looking to build on the weaker parts of his game.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please close this hate fest thread......
We can't. We have got to find something to hate. The club is on fire. O'Neill is a PE teacher. Fosun are terrible. Fabio was a waste of money.
Personally I reckon he'll get a couple off the bench against Bournemouth.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can't. We have got to find something to hate. The club is on fire. O'Neill is a PE teacher. Fosun are terrible. Fabio was a waste of money.

That's overreacting. We've lost more than we've won. We are on course for 38 points. Not a brilliant haul, is it? Fabio hasn't looked near Premier League standard for ages...if ever. Don't dismiss people trying to genuinely explain why we are in this position now, for being "haters". And one of those reasons has to be paying too much for too little.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's overreacting. We've lost more than we've won. We are on course for 38 points. Not a brilliant haul, is it? Fabio hasn't looked near Premier League standard for ages...if ever. Don't dismiss people trying to genuinely explain why we are in this position now, for being "haters". And one of those reasons has to be paying too much for too little.
Well said.

A lot of posters can't seem to accept that fans may have an different view to their own. It must be 'haters' or 'agenda' or they revert to name-calling or worse.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well said.

A lot of posters can't seem to accept that fans may have a different view to their own. It must be 'haters' or 'agenda' or they revert to name-calling or worse.
It goes both ways. Anybody who has a more positive outlook is often labelled a Fosun shill or deluded.

Don’t know why people see everything in such a binary black/white view.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It goes both ways. Anybody who has a more positive outlook is often labelled a Fosun shill or deluded.

Don’t know why people see everything in such a binary black/white view.
Indeed. I understand and wasn't just calling-out those with more positive or negative povs. Works from all sides.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think he did himself any favours when that video emerged of him laughing at Hwang whilst warming up at L'pool.
At the time a good many were laughing with him rather than holding it against him, but with a revision of memory helped by hindsight it can be seen differently.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed. I understand and wasn't just calling-out those with more positive or negative povs. Works from all sides.

Exactly. Also,this is all about future unknowns. None of us know what Fabio's future will be, we're all just guessing.

On the extreme polarisation, having said none of us can see the future, I tend to be comfortable with probabilities and risks, rather than black and white outcomes. Perhaps that's part of the deal with Fabio? He's isn't likely to be the next Kane or even the next Osimhen. And he isn't going to drift down to League 1 level either.

The reality is somewhere in the middle. Perhaps difficult to accept when originally, there were rumours of him being the next Ronaldo. This whole story has been a strange one from the start, hasn't it?

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would think Hwang could be having a good laugh to himself now.
Yes, to be honest I doubt he's as bothered by it as some of the Fabio haters. I doubt many young players have never been guilty of a similar reaction to a colleague's misfortune, even if they haven't been picked up in the act by a TV camera and I suspect most of the victims don't hold a grudge about it for long.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, to be honest I doubt he's as bothered by it as some of the Fabio haters. I doubt many young players have never been guilty of a similar reaction to a colleague's misfortune, even if they haven't been picked up in the act by a TV camera and I suspect most of the victims don't hold a grudge about it for long.
I agree but it says a lot about Fabio though.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it odd why Cunha doesn't get the same level of criticism as Silva.

His contribution to games is woeful time and again.

And the game passes him 90% of the time.

Three goals and one assist it 25 games I think it is now for central role. It's **** poor.

He is older and cost a chunk more than Silva.
Yip..yet another striker we spent a LOT of money on , who can't score goals

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'd be doing ok to get between £10 to £20 million for Silva. Unless something drastically changes with Silva, I can't see him starting a fifth season with us in 2024/25.
Seriously??
I think you ve got the decimal point in the wrong place ..1.0 million if lucky

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously??
I think you ve got the decimal point in the wrong place ..1.0 million if lucky
You’ve seen he’s scoring in his national team’s U21’s, right? He’s scoring in games that are his actual contemporaries in world football, that will be full internationals in a couple of years, and you want to bin him off for a million?

*Mutchy, you say I can’t use words like lunatic, moron and idiot, but you let these sort of posts stay, which are used purely to illicit that sort of response.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he left, one of the most controversial topics of the last few years would leave with him! What would we have to talk about? I suppose every time he scored, the thread would be resurrected with "I told you we wrote him off too soon".

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’ve seen he’s scoring in his national team’s U21’s, right? He’s scoring in games that are his actual contemporaries in world football,

Well, that goes both ways. There's plenty of his contemporaries also scoring in international under -21s. It's not like he's showing some unique rare talent for it? Whenever I watched him play for Anderlecht, there were other young players looked as good as Fabio. Cost a fraction of his fee, though.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, that goes both ways. There's plenty of his contemporaries also scoring in international under -21s. It's not like he's showing some unique rare talent for it? Whenever I watched him play for Anderlecht, there were other young players looked as good as Fabio. Cost a fraction of his fee, though.
How does it go both ways? The cost isn’t Fabio’s fault. Blame Jeff and his advisors for that. As for his contemporaries scoring, of course they are and they wouldn’t be sold for £1m either.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Send Fraser to Belgium and Holland and see how he gets on. I don’t think he’s even close to the ability of Silva but until he gets a loan, we’re all guessing.
I don't disagree, my comment was more around the components to their respective games.

I see Fraser has having more strength, better hold up play and more accomplished at bringing others into play. This was comparing Fraser to when Silva played in the u23s (as it was then).

Having Silva play off someone like Fraser would be ideal.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How does it go both ways? The cost isn’t Fabio’s fault. Blame Jeff and his advisors for that. As for his contemporaries scoring, of course they are and they wouldn’t be sold for £1m either.

Part of Brightons policy is to buy more, lower value young players, not gamble most of it on one player. The league table and the fact they haven't has top spend the summer panic selling would suggest their policy worked better than ours.

Sure, it's not Fabios fault. But then, where is the accountability? Is there none? I think the thing with Fabio is that he's neither that bad nor that good. He's at a level where we could have bought other young players, equivalent to him, for perhaps a quarter of the fee.

He is ours, it's a sunk cost now. As long as he's happy here, we may as well keep him around just to see if he sparks into Osimhen-like life at some point. I don't like the idea of keep getting him on the pitch based on what appears to be a strong wish for him to be that generational talent that it doesn't look like he is. He's not that bad, nor that good. For every harsh criticism, there's also exaggerated praise no other player would get, because he runs around a bit and touched the ball a couple of times.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Part of Brightons policy is to buy more, lower value young players, not gamble most of it on one player. The league table and the fact they haven't has top spend the summer panic selling would suggest their policy worked better than ours.

Sure, it's not Fabios fault. But then, where is the accountability? Is there none? I think the thing with Fabio is that he's neither that bad nor that good. He's at a level where we could have bought other young players, equivalent to him, for perhaps a quarter of the fee.

He is ours, it's a sunk cost now. As long as he's happy here, we may as well keep him around just to see if he sparks into Osimhen-like life at some point. I don't like the idea of keep getting him on the pitch based on what appears to be a strong wish for him to be that generational talent that it doesn't look like he is. He's not that bad, nor that good. For every harsh criticism, there's also exaggerated praise no other player would get, because he runs around a bit and touched the ball a couple of times.
You blame Jeff for the fee

You blame Fabio if he isn't good enough

Don't conflate the fee Jeff paid with the ability that Fabio has. The two aren't related

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
You’ve seen he’s scoring in his national team’s U21’s, right? He’s scoring in games that are his actual contemporaries in world football, that will be full internationals in a couple of years, and you want to bin him off for a million?

*Mutchy, you say I can’t use words like lunatic, moron and idiot, but you let these sort of posts stay, which are used purely to illicit that sort of response.
You can't insult others, no. Other stuff is less clear cut, and not comparable. Not all of Waveney's posts get through premod.
As a Mod it can be hard to know where to draw the line... get involved too much? Too little? The line is also in different places for different posters depending on their viewpoint.
Some would likely agree with Waveney. Those posters may see the more positive ones as trolls... its a ****ing minefield.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it possible to ban me just from this thread? :D I've had enough of it, but like the proverbial car crash TV, I can't stop checking it!

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You blame Jeff for the fee

You blame Fabio if he isn't good enough

Don't conflate the fee Jeff paid with the ability that Fabio has. The two aren't related
You are right. The two are completely different. We paid far too much AND he is not very good.

loppers86

Reaction score
hate? really?

i’d just release Silva. He adds nothing at all to the team or squad and sooner we forget about this whole ‘generational talent’ debacle the better.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hate? really?

i’d just release Silva. He adds nothing at all to the team or squad and sooner we forget about this whole ‘generational talent’ debacle the better.
That would be ridiculously short sighted. The guy has just turned 21.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nathan Fraser looks much better than this Mendes chancer

Sooner he’s sold the better. Who’s going to pay 20m?? Not many
Of course Fraser looks better playing 90 minutes in a VASTLY inferior league compared to Silva getting 5 mins at the end of games in the best division in world football.

I don’t think Silva has a future with us but I don’t see the point in comparing him with Fraser

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Send Fraser to Belgium and Holland and see how he gets on. I don’t think he’s even close to the ability of Silva but until he gets a loan, we’re all guessing.
Mate….. come on now

I am a massive Fabio defender, but Fraser is a much better player at this age than Fabio looked he also has more goals than fabio this season with one in pre-season and one in the cup for the first team in less appearances.

Fabio will be a fantastic player in a lesser prem league on the continent.

He just doesnt appear to be mentally strong enough or have that bit between the teeth to be a prem player, regardless of the imense amount of talent I strongly believe he has.

A move away from his dad controlling or having such a vocal opinion on his footballing career might also fix some of the issues he has.

Basically, fabio is a good talent, but lacking mentally.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it odd why Cunha doesn't get the same level of criticism as Silva.

His contribution to games is woeful time and again.

And the game passes him 90% of the time.

Three goals and one assist it 25 games I think it is now for central role. It's **** poor.

He is older and cost a chunk more than Silva.

I think it's because Cunha can actually do things in the game. He can pick the ball up and drive with it past players and he can hold the ball up, he can link up well with other attackers.

He's never been a goal scorer, for me should be played outwide. But he can offer things to us. With Silva he offers none of that and whole point is he's a "goal scorer". Who doesn't score goals

Back
Top Bottom