Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lets discuss Fabio and his future .

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he looked sharp again tonight—forced a couple of saves, strong and quick, and tracked back to help out. He must get more minutes…
Showed that knack again too - right place right time to get shots away

Sarabia is quality and has his place . I reckon his set pieces will be important. And set pieces are important to a team.
Helps if he takes them though! Neto has good delivery but I was surprised to see him taking most of the set pieces

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am really excited to see a team of;

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman RAN
Gomes Lemina
Nunes Cunha Neto
Silva

Fabio Silva is looking very promising. I have been probably his biggest critic, but I think we might actually have a player on our hands. I dont think he is technically anything special, nor does he really have that much pace for a CF - but he is quite a nuisance, he is always on the move, he is quite yampy in his movement almost but it is good. The fact he came on with 15 to go and had 3 shots on target says something.

I desperately want him to do well, I desperately want him to prove me wrong.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman RAN
Gomes Lemina
Nunes Cunha Neto
Silva

Fabio Silva is looking very promising. I have been probably his biggest critic, but I think we might actually have a player on our hands. I dont think he is technically anything special, nor does he really have that much pace for a CF - but he is quite a nuisance, he is always on the move, he is quite yampy in his movement almost but it is good. The fact he came on with 15 to go and had 3 shots on target says something.

hes gained about 2 yards of pace since he was 18 i agree. But bull wasnt technically anything special.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman RAN
Gomes Lemina
Nunes Cunha Neto
Silva

Quicker than you think, he wont beat a player from the halfway line but over 10 yards he is very fast. Example was when he won the ball back on the halfway line last night, he was miles behind the utd forward

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That stat surprises me. I thought he looked off the pace last night in open play. Set pieces are brilliant.

The idea of having a runner ahead of Cunha is very exciting. Silva has always shown great movement. Feels like a proper partnership worth exploring.
Yeah I like Silva and the idea of him and Cunha together
With regards to Sarabia, you can even see it in the highlights today, that a few of the good chances came off a good pass by him.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree to the extend, that Silva is more dangerous in the box. But Sarabia played a vital role, with some excellent pressing, and the second highest numbers of key passes, meaning that his clever passing, often helped us create chances.
I think Sarabia is under appreciated, saw some criticism of his performance on Facebook last night. Admittedly the criticism was from the usual suspects who have to target someone every single week.

I agree with you, his pressing was tireless and effective. I’d have no issue with Silva starting centrally with Cunha and Neto either side but it’s great that Sarabia and Hwang can also play their part.

T

TheConcourse

Yeah I like Silva and the idea of him and Cunha together
With regards to Sarabia, you can even see it in the highlights today, that a few of the good chances came off a good pass by him.
Rewatched. Confused him and Neto on occasion. Great ball through to Cunha for the chance we dragged wide.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After last night I have a strong feeling in my bones that now is the time for Fabio to begin to shine. He just needs a couple of goals to go in off his ****, his cheek bones, whatever. Its all about confidence and everything is primed now for him to make something of a breakthrough for us and justify some of that fee. Here's hoping.

Zosothethird

Reaction score
I’ve been sceptical about Fabio’s ability and doubted his future at the club, but I think we saw something last night that was actually a bit special.

The kid had 3 shots on goal in a 13 minute cameo away from home at Old Trafford against a very good defence. They weren’t just 3 pot shots, they were 3 decent chances.

He didn’t score any of them, but that will come. This is clearly a sign of goal scoring potential to me - his movement, his hard work off the ball and his goal scoring instinct got him into those positions; his physicality to force opposition defenders out of his way; his desire to score.

I was mightily impressed by the team performance, but most of all I saw that we have the guy to play as a 9 in front of this creative unit. I genuinely think it might be a break out year. I’ll stick my neck out and say he will get at least 12 league goals.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Offered to Dortmund according to reports….

Don’t do it Wolves you ****ing ****s.
Not offered by Wolves .. his agent and his dad are trying to push a move anywhere in Europe.. it is probably them who are doing the offering .. but saying that an offer that meets Wolves valuation will be accepted

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not offered by Wolves .. his agent and his dad are trying to push a move anywhere in Europe.. it is probably them who are doing the offering .. but saying that an offer that meets Wolves valuation will be accepted
Any idea on our valuation?

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Showed that knack again too - right place right time to get shots away
Something positive always happens when he's on the pitch - he really gets in good positions and makes decent decisions with the ball. His dummy in the Rennes game was a case in point. He won't get any stats from that, but leaving that ball for Gomes created a better chance then if he had taken the shot. I seriously will be ****ed if he gets sold this year...

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless of our 'valuation' we shouldn't be selling him full stop. It's late in the window and we know that he wouldn't be replaced. Jeff and Fosun can shove their valuation up their ****, we've already sold enough!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This would/will be the one that tips fans over the edge, and rightly so.

He can want to go all he wants. Let’s be real, virtually all our players would go to Dortmund for example, if it was possible.

However, we’ve seen with our own eyes that Silva IS still committed.

So, he’s not kicking up a fuss means no problem whatsoever. He has a contract.

If we sell, it will be less than what we paid for him. We’re genuinely one good season from him being worth £70-80m in todays game - and many feel that season is coming now.

It may sound dramatic but if/when they sell Silva they need to sell the club. It would be the ultimate short-term move and a final kick in the nuts this summer from a lying ownership that have given up.

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve been sceptical about Fabio’s ability and doubted his future at the club, but I think we saw something last night that was actually a bit special.

The kid had 3 shots on goal in a 13 minute cameo away from home at Old Trafford against a very good defence. They weren’t just 3 pot shots, they were 3 decent chances.

He didn’t score any of them, but that will come. This is clearly a sign of goal scoring potential to me - his movement, his hard work off the ball and his goal scoring instinct got him into those positions; his physicality to force opposition defenders out of his way; his desire to score.

I was mightily impressed by the team performance, but most of all I saw that we have the guy to play as a 9 in front of this creative unit. I genuinely think it might be a break out year. I’ll stick my neck out and say he will get at least 12 league goals.
He was the best player on the pitch against Rennes and Luton. Last night wasn’t a one off. He will keep us up.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would surely have to be 100m plus the state our finances and attacking department are in

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun. Please do not sell Fabio Silva or any of our stars. Enough now unless you want to see us relegated.
Absolutely. I can live with what's gone on before. Fosun have done well for themselves this window. If we are to have a chance of a good season, none of the first team squad bar Johnny and Podence should go. Jeff can't be that stupid can he?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Would be insanity to sell him. The kid gets into fantastic positions every time he plays. Quick, strong, great work ethic.

If he plays regularly, he’ll get double figures (or very close to double figures) for us this season and his value will double.

The fact Dortmund and other Champions League clubs are interested tells you all you need to know about his potential.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure this is all coming from his “money hungry” father.

Remember how he spoke to that Wolves fan account on Twitter saying Fabio wanted to leave and then when the media interviewed Fabio directly he said he was happy to be here. His Dad is trying to engineer a move.

I doubt anyone would be willing to pay his asking price anyway.

Back
Top Bottom