Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leonardo Jardim

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In his second spell he kept them up when they were favourites to go down. Worth looking at.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A good video on Jardim's tactics at Monaco, an interchanging and very attacking 4-4-2. In this mould, could replicate it with something like this after the World Cup break:

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman RAN
Neto Neves Nunes Podence
Jimenez Guedes
Guedes in the free roaming Mbappe role, Neves in the Fabinho role of dropping in and creating a back three when necessary, Nunes supporting the attacks in the Bakayoko role. Both full backs overlapping to create width, and two inverted wingers coming inside to link with the two strikers.

I genuinely think it could work, Guedes needs to be played more centrally to get the best out of him. We obviously don't have the calibre of player that Monaco side had, but I do think the same blueprint could be used with the players we have.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
af7aeb8bc1fc196025c09ec9546adae5.png

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question..., why do some want this guy but not pedro martins, similar CV and achievements? Not saying I want either just curious.
Jardim has achieved success at bigger clubs with higher demands (Braga, Monaco, Sporting) whereas Martins only real accomplishment, aside from leading a couple of Portuguese sides to 5th/6th, is at Olympiacos, a club which has won 22 of the last 25 Greek league titles.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question..., why do some want this guy but not pedro martins, similar CV and achievements? Not saying I want either just curious.
Beating PSG to the title and semi-final of Champions League I would say are not comparable to Martins.. although, Martins CV has started to look a lot better the last few days.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
He has in my opinion a better record, OK he didnot win the Greek league unlike Martins but had Olympiacos top and 10 points clear when he left, so surely if he stayed and finished the season he would have won the League, he has a French championship a 2nd place finish in Portugal with Braga and a 3rd place finish with Sporting. Yes Martins won the Greek league on multiple occasions but doesn’t have the same track record in other leagues in my view (just my opinion and I may well be wrong)

Jardim seems to play attacking football, the only concern for me is that with the exception of Monaco, he doesn’t seem to hang around for long and has fallen out with a couple of owners.

As I see it, there are no standout candidates, I would prefer Nuno as he is proven in the league but as the days go on it seems less and likely he will be offered the job so based on the names out there Jardim would get my vote but I am really hoping that the person we are after hasn’t been named yet

Wolves2018

Reaction score
Thank you to the people who replied, your comments about Jardim has me intrigued and wouldn't mind him now!

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You would hope so.

Or people have seen that tweet or read the Mix and our putting money on him.

It’s more likely this. There’s such a small amount being betted on this market that even relatively small bets will make a difference. A few hundred will cause a reaction

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s more likely this. There’s such a small amount being betted on this market that even relatively small bets will make a difference. A few hundred will cause a reaction
Is it legal to sway the markets with a tweet or molmix message, and lump on Betfair? ;)

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now we’re talking. Did well at Monaco and has a good record at other clubs.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is this just another name being mentioned or is there anything of substance to it?

Back
Top Bottom