Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leo Bonatini

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think anyone is serious about him being any kind of answer at this point,just more wondering why he hasnt either been tried or sold over the last 2 seasons really, when we have been struggling for goals with no sign of any kind of answer
The reason he’s not been sold is simple, no one will match the wage he’s on.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the problem is that our “false 9” isn’t really even a “false 9” he is an 8 or a 10 ie one of the player that should be getting in the box to support or create for the 9. When he is the focus we don’t have anyone that get up,and alongside him to provide that support.
We play 4-3-3, and yet our front 3 are not getting in the box. Podence’s best effort on Saturday was a long range shot ffs.

Add to that you could play Hwang/ Neto and Guedes as a two with Podence as a no10 and that would be better but instead we have the most unsuitable player possible playing a false 9 role.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I worry about this place sometimes. When it was suggested we could give him a go I assumed it was a joke, but some people actually seem to be serious. This is a whole new level of desperate.

If we are paying his wages anyway, and he’s willing to try, why the hell not? We have the second worst goal conversion rate in Europe!

Reaction score
If we're paying that lad € 40k per week , then play him . Can he really be any worse .

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How long is his contract been here an absurd amount of time!

Does it expire at the end of the season?

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How long is his contract been here an absurd amount of time!

Does it expire at the end of the season?
Contract expires Jun next year - he'll be free to negotiate with any club in Jan 23 unless Wolves have a clause to activate any additional contract extension (hopefully not)

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Costa will be fit for West Ham so this does not matter. Neves is happy with that!

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Another lage-ism, stubborn as a mule. At this point you could try leo or even try chem and adama in the front 3 but just won't.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on be realistic people, bonatini has not been training with the squad for nearly 9 to 12 months.

He was included in the squad as you have to otherwise you breach rules, all players on books need to be in the squad.

Bonatini is not an answer,

traore potentially is, but looks like he has been injured ever since returning from barcelona tbh.. had one start against preston then thats about all he has been able to muster.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me too, he pounced on a poor pass across the Boro back line and slotted it in with aplomb. :blush:
He read it, you watch the goal and he was on the move before Ayala(?) played the pass. He was absolutely brilliant at reading/intercepting passes by defenders and those first six months from him were top drawer

Would have liked to see him in a foot race with Coady though!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He read it, you watch the goal and he was on the move before Ayala(?) played the pass. He was absolutely brilliant at reading/intercepting passes by defenders and those first six months from him were top drawer

Would have liked to see him in a foot race with Coady though!

Bonatini was on fire that first 6 months, agreed he was reading play and very astute, even assists wise looked like he was going to set the world on fire with wolves.

Wasted talent

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we don’t have a fit no.9 I would have given him (and Cutrone,,and not loaned out Silva) a chance rather than play a “false 9”.
Out of interest....have we ever scored a goal playing a false 9? Were we false 9ing v Leeds?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Out of interest....have we ever scored a goal playing a false 9? Were we false 9ing v Leeds?
Not this season I don't think.

v Leeds Hwang was playing up top (doing pretty well btw)
v Newcastle Raul started (not that the formation was relevant to the goal)
v Saints Sasa was playing when we scored.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clutching at straws if anyone thinks Bonatini can make a difference. May as well ask Grant Holt what he's doing nowadays.

Ha ha ! Or that old Chelsea striker who hasn't played for years!. Whatsisname? Costa , was it?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I worry about this place sometimes. When it was suggested we could give him a go I assumed it was a joke, but some people actually seem to be serious. This is a whole new level of desperate.

And then you have those saying "Bruno will get them firing and you'll regret your mocking when we knock 4 past West Ham". Every week, prediction after prediction has us scoring 3 or 4! Thrilling 4-3 victories and 3-2 wins v Man City. Delusional.... "This is the week". "Or maybe next week" when another turgid "Wolves Nil" is rolled out. Bonitini could never score less than nil. Though Bruno is working hard at getting us on -1.

Back
Top Bottom