Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leo Bonatini

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is registered as part of the squad but is said to be training alone .
I wonder why we registered him if we are not apparently going to utilise him

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is registered as part of the squad but is said to be training alone .
I wonder why we registered him if we are not apparently going to utilise him
You have to register any player on the books,

its why greenwood was registered for man u - u21s

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Id stick him in and give him a game. Cant do any worse than any of our other forward players goal wise.
He’d score a hat-trick, we’d fall in love with him again, and then he’d not be able to hit a cows **** with a banjo.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
You have to register any player on the books,

its why greenwood was registered for man u - u21s
Not true. Players are left in limbo all the time. Bonatini was registered because of our striker situation.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Not true. Players are left in limbo all the time. Bonatini was registered because of our striker situation.
No he wasn’t he’s registered because he on our books like Greenwood at Man Utd - he’s never going to play

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
No he wasn’t he’s registered because he on our books like Greenwood at Man Utd - he’s never going to play
Agreed he's never going to play - but again, players don't HAVE to be registered. Chelsea leave players off their squad list all the time. Wolves just did this because of the striker situation. I would not be surprised to see him on the bench if our situation worsens.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Insane that he hasn't been sold outright.
Absolutely this. Or given away or gone to a Champs/Lg 1 side. There have to be options for him. I can't believe any footballer would want to just sit it out in the shadows season after season? Has he no pride or is his bank balance just astronomical? Still remember that goal v Boro which got our Champs steamroller season going - very happy memories.

Hazza

Reaction score
Absolutely this. Or given away or gone to a Champs/Lg 1 side. There have to be options for him. I can't believe any footballer would want to just sit it out in the shadows season after season? Has he no pride or is his bank balance just astronomical? Still remember that goal v Boro which got our Champs steamroller season going - very happy memories.
Villa goal for me, fantastic finish and what a noise!

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed he's never going to play - but again, players don't HAVE to be registered. Chelsea leave players off their squad list all the time. Wolves just did this because of the striker situation. I would not be surprised to see him on the bench if our situation worsens.

I think (I'm not a legal expert) the difference between us and Chelsea is Chelsea can provide 25 players to fill their squad, therefore there are mitigating reasons (legally) why a certain player wouldn't be included ie. Chelsea are constrained by the 25 man squad rule.

Wolves on the other hand, don't have 25 players over 21 and therefore to not include Bonatini in the squad list might legally be viewed as a breach of contract - he'd be left out "without due cause".

Last edited:

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa goal for me, fantastic finish and what a noise!
Absolutely that goal against Villa. Loved it, I’d give him another try just for that goal alone.

The tightest of angles but was always going in.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Leo had a classic example of the Halo Effect. When you've got Ruben pinging balls round, Costa twisting them in knots and Jota scaring the life out of Championship defences with direct running it's difficult not to look good. Have another look at the Villa goal if you don't believe me.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t recall seeing him in our squad photo.

Forgot what he looks like anyway!

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still remember that goal v Boro which got our Champs steamroller season going - very happy memories.

Yep I was in the South Bonk that day and remember thinking jeez we have just signed this guy (Yet another last minute striker signing) he can only get better, Leo never looked liked he was not going to score.
I have no idea whats gone on behind the scenes but surely he has to be better than having nowt up top, bloody hell from what I can remember of him he can trap a ball and lay it off, then he just needs to get his butt in the penalty area to get on the end of crosses.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That first half a season when he was on loan he was brilliant
He was never a Prem striker and i have no idea where that form disappeared to
He scored 20 goals for Grasshoppers in 50 odd games so still knows where the net is,surprised someone hasnt taken a punt on him tbh

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep he isnt great but he is better than Podence as a no9, even on one leg. Something very wrong there if he cant even get at least a chance to train with the squad given our lack of out and out strikers.
That is one of my main bones of contention with this manager. How many of our players were givrn a chance to prove themselves or not eg. Jordao, Cutrone. They just get written off. As far as I am concerned any player still on our books is a player always to be given every opportunity to challenge for a place.and given the resources to do so.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is one of my main bones of contention with this manager. How many of our players were givrn a chance to prove themselves or not eg. Jordao, Cutrone. They just get written off. As far as I am concerned any player still on our books is a player always to be given every opportunity to challenge for a place.and given the resources to do so.
Exactly - look at players who have been re-invigorated by a new manager or system like Rashford of late or Coady with us.

Surely the job of an incoming manager to at least try and turn them around:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched some of the highlights of that first season recently. Bonitini put in a phenomenal effort every match. Those lung busting runs - remember that one early on at Forest when he got hacked brutally, too? I reckon he got burnt out from the effort, physically, mentally, probably both. Was not the most skillful, so compensated with a ton of effort, willed on by the fans, but couldn't keep it going.

Also, didn't he do the perfect layoff to setup Traore for our goal in our first win in the Premier League ? (at West Ham). Plenty of other players cost more and took longer to contribute anything. The only other thing I remember is that match where we battered Burnley but couldn't score, he came on as sub and could/should have had a hat trick, missed several chances. Think that was the end of him at first team, level. Written off far too soon. :D

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s quite simple really . We need to take more chances in possession when we are on the counter attack , the attackers need to pass and move constantly, and the whole team need to take a touch and get a composed shot off when they have the opportunity, any opportunity .

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we don’t have a fit no.9 I would have given him (and Cutrone,,and not loaned out Silva) a chance rather than play a “false 9”.
I don’t think there is actually anything wrong with playing a false 9 (though it’s not my preference) and I think Podence is a good option to play that role. The problem we’ve been having is the 2 players either side of our false 9 aren’t performing. And that will be an issue even with a “proper” 9.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I worry about this place sometimes. When it was suggested we could give him a go I assumed it was a joke, but some people actually seem to be serious. This is a whole new level of desperate.
I dont think anyone is serious about him being any kind of answer at this point,just more wondering why he hasnt either been tried or sold over the last 2 seasons really, when we have been struggling for goals with no sign of any kind of answer

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I dont think anyone is serious about him being any kind of answer at this point,just more wondering why he hasnt either been tried or sold over the last 2 seasons really, when we have been struggling for goals with no sign of any kind of answer
Well I think the answers as to why he hasn't been sold and to why he hasn't been tried are the same.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think there is actually anything wrong with playing a false 9 (though it’s not my preference) and I think Podence is a good option to play that role. The problem we’ve been having is the 2 players either side of our false 9 aren’t performing. And that will be an issue even with a “proper” 9.
One of the problem is that our “false 9” isn’t really even a “false 9” he is an 8 or a 10 ie one of the player that should be getting in the box to support or create for the 9. When he is the focus we don’t have anyone that get up,and alongside him to provide that support.
We play 4-3-3, and yet our front 3 are not getting in the box. Podence’s best effort on Saturday was a long range shot ffs.

Back
Top Bottom