Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leicester (H) Pre-Match Thread!

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel for those in the Graham Hughes today it’s going to be brutal.
Will be just as bad in the NB lower. I love how close we are to the pitch in there,but the roof situation is farcical, cheers Morgan.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know that pitches of today are a far cry from those of yesteryear but, with the rain we've all had, is it likely to provide an almost impossible surface to play good football on? Looking out of my window just now and the rain and winds suggest a footballing lottery of endless mishaps and long balls/up and unders etc.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the players OR fans....I seem to remember fans of the opposition saying summat like that about the southbank.Anybody would think they've won the world cup the way they celebrated.Think it was man city fans wen Doc blasted in the winner.Mind yow they could do with watching that agen,they might learn summat. :tonguewink:
Everyone, then let Neves Send Ian Wright and Piers Morgan a nice tweet each lol

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Will be just as bad in the NB lower. I love how close we are to the pitch in there,but the roof situation is farcical, cheers Morgan.
Tottenham’s billion pound stadium last week was no better. 16 rows from the front and still drenched.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep I’m in there and fully expecting a soaking.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why don't the Sky Sports pundits come to Molineux? They just seem to go in a London studio when it's not a trip to their choosing. Poor effort.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s weird how I feel about todays game, I’m trying not to get my hopes up and put too much expectation on it. Not because I don’t think we’re capable, but because whilst I’d love a top 6 finish I really don’t want to feel disappointed if we were to only come say 8th because I’d have thought that was a fantastic season back in the summer and I don’t want a change in expectation to warp my thinking in to considering a disappointment now.

Bruno and the team done so well this season, I’d love us to go all the way but I really don’t want to end up underplaying what we do end up doing because it might not quite be the highest of heights that would have seemed well beyond us 6 months ago.

I hope that random ramble that adds absolutely nothing to this thread makes some kind of sense!!
Totally understand your feelings Chris
Ive been saying all season 10th is a great season all things considered,and i will keep saying it whilst hoping we can do something special
Its the hope that kills you,so lets keep going one at a time, as yesterday proved no game is a given for anyone, this isnt called the toughest league on earth for nothing
Gonna be hard to play good football today so expect some mistakes from both teams,we never seem to get much luck with Leicester so im hanging on to a 1-1 draw today

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I'm sure this must have been mentioned somewhere, but someone put a video (not official) of a render of the proposed rebuild the other day. When the Steve Bull gets done there is an extension to the front of the roof. No idea if that was true, or how much it will help, or obviously which decade it might happen in!

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately for the last week my internet has been performing as poorly as the baggies so I have been in the position of not being able to keep up with the real news about the only thing that matters in life. :D
It has only just come back on now and only relying upon teletext I thought the match was due to start at 2pm and have only just seen on Wolves TV that it is 4.30, Was it changed and if so why?
I can only hope that the internet lasts at least until the match finishes. Please can you all pray for me.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s weird how I feel about todays game, I’m trying not to get my hopes up and put too much expectation on it. Not because I don’t think we’re capable, but because whilst I’d love a top 6 finish I really don’t want to feel disappointed if we were to only come say 8th because I’d have thought that was a fantastic season back in the summer and I don’t want a change in expectation to warp my thinking in to considering a disappointment now.

Bruno and the team done so well this season, I’d love us to go all the way but I really don’t want to end up underplaying what we do end up doing because it might not quite be the highest of heights that would have seemed well beyond us 6 months ago.

I hope that random ramble that adds absolutely nothing to this thread makes some kind of sense!!

It's because the eye is drawn hypnotically up the table. Fourth place should be ridiculous, you feel daft even considering it, and yet win today and we're three points off, firmly in the chasing pack. It's perfectly realistic. But you don't want it creeping into your brain, because we could easily lose today and then you're headbutting a wall, chanting D'oh, d'oh, d'oh, like a million times before in different circumstances. Because Wolves. It's like being 2-0 up in the 80th minute and still thinking you're going to lose. Because if anyone could, etc.

This is such a weird season.

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
It's because we're conditioned for disappointment. Its the same being an England fan. I gave up on England a long time ago, the hurt after a major final was too much back in my 20s.

I should do the same with Wolves, but I cant disconnect like I can with England. We all know its the hope that kills you.

But just like Nuno famously said:

"Dreaming is for free"

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I live very near the Derbyshire/Leicestershire border and although much closer to Derby, more of my mates locally are Leicester fans.

They've all already waved the white flag on today.

We play the ball to feet well, which in this weather will be the way forward, surely home win today...?
Sounds like you live very near me - Castle Donington

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I totally get it, we are currently playing a game of leap-frog with Tottenham Hotspur for a European place; 5 years ago we would have thought finishing in the Championship play-offs was a good season.

Yow car say that though as its small-time thinking apparently ;)

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know that pitches of today are a far cry from those of yesteryear but, with the rain we've all had, is it likely to provide an almost impossible surface to play good football on? Looking out of my window just now and the rain and winds suggest a footballing lottery of endless mishaps and long balls/up and unders etc.
The pitches are incredible. A mix of synthetic and grass with amazing drainage. But still ‘greasy’ on top. But look at those 60’s and early 70’s videos and the state of the playing surface!! And as for the goal mouths…..!

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Crappy weather here but let’s hope for a win. I don’t know about others but im never comfortable when we’re favourites I’d rather us be labelled underdogs. Anyway come on Wolves

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stick boly, dendonker and Raul up front and keep launching it into the swirling wind

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I have a puncture so will be watching on tv, gutted! We usually do well when I don’t go though, so fingers crossed.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well I have a puncture so will be watching on tv, gutted! We usually do well when I don’t go though, so fingers crossed.
I'm hoping I might find I have a puncture

no, just joking, honestly

the weather's **** in WV4 though, and the pub is just over the road...;)

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With everyone fit, there's no Hoever, Boly, Mosquera or Chiquinho even in the squad.

Back
Top Bottom