Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leicester (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1645344277442.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!

Here we go again. I dunno about you lot but I’m still buzzing from last week. Great win away at Spurs to build on today hopefully!

Yesterdays results were mixed, it was good for West Ham to drop points, Arsenal got an expected win and Tottenham an unexpected one. But we can’t just sit and hope everyone else loses we’ve gotta grab our destiny ourselves and do the business in our games. The teams we’re competing with are all quality so dropping points is a bonus not something we can rely on.

It’s a tricky game today, I think whatever way you look at it Leicester have underperformed this season (not helped by injuries tbf) but on their day Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy, Barnes, Lookman, Ichenacho are all top quality players who can cause anyone problems. We’ll need to be at our best to get a good result.

Great to hear from Bruno that everyone is for and fighting for a place. It sounds daft to say but having Neto, Mosquera, Hwang, Boly and Jonny coming back into the squad is a huge boost. They’re all quality players and give us options.

I think the only change today will probably be Moutinho for Cundle. Harsh on young Luke who did ever so well last weekend but Joao and Ruben have given us such a steady strong base in midfield all season getting them back together seems an obvious choice.

Whether you’re following from Wolverhampton or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

D

Deleted member LP 3925

View attachment 26895

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!

Here we go again. I dunno about you lot but I’m still buzzing from last week. Great win away at Spurs to build on today hopefully!

Yesterdays results were mixed, it was good for West Ham to drop points, Arsenal got an expected win and Tottenham an unexpected one. But we can’t just sit and hope everyone else loses we’ve gotta grab our destiny ourselves and do the business in our games. The teams we’re competing with are all quality so dropping points is a bonus not something we can rely on.

It’s a tricky game today, I think whatever way you look at it Leicester have underperformed this season (not helped by injuries tbf) but on their day Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy, Barnes, Lookman, Ichenacho are all top quality players who can cause anyone problems. We’ll need to be at our best to get a good result.

Great to hear from Bruno that everyone is for and fighting for a place. It sounds daft to say but having Neto, Mosquera, Hwang, Boly and Jonny coming back into the squad is a huge boost. They’re all quality players and give us options.

I think the only change today will probably be Moutinho for Cundle. Harsh on young Luke who did ever so well last weekend but Joao and Ruben have given us such a steady strong base in midfield all season getting them back together seems an obvious choice.

Whether you’re following from Wolverhampton or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!
Excellent post to start the day!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
45 mph winds today during the game. That's more in these parts than on Friday. Should make for interesting distribution.
Yep, gonna be horrible!!

Screenshot_20220220-081821_The Weather Channel.jpg

Batten down the hatches and dig in, it's not going to be pretty!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
45 mph winds today during the game. That's more in these parts than on Friday. Should make for interesting distribution.
Lucky you. There was a tree down at my place down South...

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember the last time against Leicester City and when the weather was dreadful? It served up a STORMER and I hope we are treated to the same this afternoon!

The job is simple: to get 3 points and keep up the pressure on West Ham, Man United, Arsenal and Spurs and seeing Bruno's news that everyone is in training means our bench will look IMMENSE.

Hope everyone enjoys the game (despite the conditions) and finally, they'll be a 16th minute appluse to young Wolves fan and former Kidderminster Harriers Junior Academy player Harley Barnbrook from Kingswinford, who sadly passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest in a car park at Merry Hill on Tuesday.

May Harley rest in peace and may today be in his memory.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 points a must. Not at all sure we'll get it though. Home form needs to improve, I've much more confidence away from home atm

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A big week coming up, it would be nice to start off with three points, which I think we will get. Leicester are poor at the back, and we need to exploit that.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see us getting 3 points today… but if we do I might need new trousers.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I live very near the Derbyshire/Leicestershire border and although much closer to Derby, more of my mates locally are Leicester fans.

They've all already waved the white flag on today.

We play the ball to feet well, which in this weather will be the way forward, surely home win today...?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Going to be wet in the SW corner, and SL5, and NB lower.... None of it will matter if we've got 3 points at 6.25!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on boys, let’s carry on last Sunday’s brilliance.

The wind is going to be a huge factor which maybe will play into our hands in terms of having the second best defence in the league. Hopefully we can keep it tight and take any chances that come along.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could really do with winning two out of our next three this week if we want to have a go at top seven. Come on boys.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Come on boys, let’s carry on last Sunday’s brilliance.

The wind is going to be a huge factor which maybe will play into our hands in terms of having the second best defence in the league. Hopefully we can keep it tight and take any chances that come along.
Joint best defence in the league now following City shipping three yesterday.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Feel for those in the Graham Hughes today it’s going to be brutal.
Me too. I'd stick Jeff and Vinny in there today.
Seriously, it would give them first hand experience into what fans face, sitting there on a brutal weather matchday.
Temporary stands do add much needed capacity but aren't a long term solution, no roof, wide open to the elements.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joint best defence in the league now following City shipping three yesterday.
If we calculate goals conceded per minute defended, eg when the ball is in the last third of the pitch, we must be streets ahead of Citeh.

Their good defensive record is largely due to the fact they have so much possession they rarely have to defend!

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s weird how I feel about todays game, I’m trying not to get my hopes up and put too much expectation on it. Not because I don’t think we’re capable, but because whilst I’d love a top 6 finish I really don’t want to feel disappointed if we were to only come say 8th because I’d have thought that was a fantastic season back in the summer and I don’t want a change in expectation to warp my thinking in to considering a disappointment now.

Bruno and the team done so well this season, I’d love us to go all the way but I really don’t want to end up underplaying what we do end up doing because it might not quite be the highest of heights that would have seemed well beyond us 6 months ago.

I hope that random ramble that adds absolutely nothing to this thread makes some kind of sense!!

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
They always say the conditions are the same for both teams but I do think that 40mph winds favour less cultured football. For the first time in my life we have a team that does best on warm summer evenings and billiard table pitches. Hopefully still cope well today though. UTW.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's just win all 3! And when we win the 2nd out of the 3 games let's celebrate like we've won the World Cup

What the players OR fans....I seem to remember fans of the opposition saying summat like that about the southbank.Anybody would think they've won the world cup the way they celebrated.Think it was man city fans wen Doc blasted in the winner.Mind yow they could do with watching that agen,they might learn summat. :tonguewink:

Back
Top Bottom