Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leicester away

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who's going, what pubs are you going in and will away fans get in them?

Heard it's a bit like Wolverhampton as in away fans can't get in anywhere even with no colours?

D

Deleted member 3518

Looking forward to it, train and then lift from Telford. Usually drink in a pub on route in, hopefully still open.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t wear colours to an away game if travelling and wanting drinks
Never wear colours to home games tbh. Probably get into a few old corner pubs or cuban exchange type places.
Our Mark Mcghee years rivalry has gone now I reckon.

D

Deleted member 3518

Generally never wear colours certainly for away games tend to just blend in until the alcohol takes over, as other mixers will testify.;)

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first port of call on Saturday was the moon.I noticed a youngish girl with a couple of blokes at one of the tables,she had a Everton top on,so being the gentleman I am I walked over and said to them that it might be best to put ya coot on and hide ya top,(in me posh voice ):D because it's a home pub only.She said ill take me chance Thankyou.5 mins later the owd bill come in and headed straight over to them.He told her to finish off their food and go to the designated away pub,oh and whilst ya do so.COVER THAT TOP.I looked over and just shrugged me shoulders.:rolleyes: ya should have listened to me owd ****er.Anyway Leicester will be just as bad as Wolverhampton,and what I have bin told there has bin a bit of trouble at their ground,but dow know if the guy who told me is on a wind up or not.o_O we are on cannock wolves so I will have my top on as we stop for ar **** up on route,same as most of the other coaches,apart from the jelly tots.Always was a bit tasty there in the 70s- 80s though.

tf7

Reaction score
Avoid Braunstone Workingmans Club

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last time we drove there, parked in a side street got windows smashed in. Glorious place.
Best to drink elsewhere

L

linekers underpants

Two pubs for away fans The Hind which is across the road from the train station and The counting House which is 5 minutes walk from the ground.
There’s also a bar on Freeman’s Common Indoor sports bar,10 minutes walk away which is great if you are with kids aged 5-12 it has an indoor 5 a side pitch which the landlord lets the kids play on for free. It also has parking £6 but that includes a drink at the bar.

D

Deleted member 4257

We are drinking in Birmingham then train cans. Then taxi.
Last time got chased through the park. Horrible place.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two pubs for away fans The Hind which is across the road from the train station and The counting House which is 5 minutes walk from the ground.
There’s also a bar on Freeman’s Common Indoor sports bar,10 minutes walk away which is great if you are with kids aged 5-12 it has an indoor 5 a side pitch which the landlord lets the kids play on for free. It also has parking £6 but that includes a drink at the bar.
Never trained to Leicester before. Is the ground walkable from the station?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never trained to Leicester before. Is the ground walkable from the station?

The shortest route is about 1.4 miles.
From the station, cross over and walk down "Tigers Way" to the Leicester R.U.F.C. ground at the bottom. Turn left, then cross the road and walk down the alleyway alongside the Tigers ground. Turn left at the bottom of the alley into Aylestone Road, then after a few hundred yards, turn right into Brazil Street, and then at the bottom of the street, cross over into Burnmoor Street, At the end of Burnmoor Street is the King Power. I reckon a comfortable 30 mins on foot depending on your health / state of your pins etc.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Every time I've been to Leicester there has been some trouble somewhere, so we are going incognito and parking on a private drive over the river.

And trouble was there long before McG so can't blame him

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

First away game 1980/81 season at filbert st don't remember much about the game apart from losing
Remember queuing to get in and us singing don't stand so close to me by police to Leicester fans for some bizarre reason.those were the days herded on and off special trains
What a dump filbert st was though

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Will pop into one of the away pubs and may see 1 or 2 of you in there? And thanks again Mark for the ticket!!!

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't go to the Dry Dock pub, just looked for it and it's closed now. Looked kindof interesting!
At least there's a few more than Wolvo!

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can get quite tasty at Lestar.

Very much home fans only in the centre.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First away game 1980/81 season at filbert st don't remember much about the game apart from losing
Remember queuing to get in and us singing don't stand so close to me by police to Leicester fans for some bizarre reason.those were the days herded on and off special trains
What a dump filbert st was though

The only ground I've been to that had a strong smell of sewage coming off the pitch.

M

Mr Wolf

Looks like I’m going to be driving this one, anyone know if I can park on the FreeCommon retail place?

B

BigBadWolf

Getting in just after 12 so will head for the pub over the road from the station. Expecting that to fill up fairly sharpish so will move on to the Counting House at some point.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anyone gets a last minute spare, please bear me in mind! Missed out by 10 measly points :(

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve booked car parking in the welford rd ncp. I’ve got wolves stickers on my car so i’ll reverse into the space. I’ll not wear colurs. I recall the baby squad too well.

worc_wolf

Reaction score
Looks like I’m going to be driving this one, anyone know if I can park on the FreeCommon retail place?

It's says on Leicester website parking available on there & gives the postcode I'll be heading there

M

Mr Wolf

I’ve booked car parking in the welford rd ncp. I’ve got wolves stickers on my car so i’ll reverse into the space. I’ll not wear colurs. I recall the baby squad too well.
It says £14 to park there. I’ll probably just find a side street or pay a fiver somewhere. Sick of being ripped off because I’m a football fan.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last time I was in Leicester I ended up with a double shiner, a bost nose and a chipped tooth; my mate had a fractured eye socket and a missing front tooth. Those were the days my friend.

To be fair, it's a relatively soft city by Midlands standards but like anywhere can get a bit hairy if you're acting up.

*edit. I started a new job on the Monday: the first of a couple of mystery 'football' injuries.

D

Deleted member 4257

It says £14 to park there. I’ll probably just find a side street or pay a fiver somewhere. Sick of being ripped off because I’m a football fan.

£14?!? Bloody hell.
The trains only £14.80 open return from brum

F

Fox

There's not much available street parking around the ground these days. Every year the City council introduces more residents only scheme's and restrictions.

Leicester Tigers usually open up their car park, other side of their ground to the big NCP, for £10 but get their early it's smaller than the NCP. Freeman's Common has loads of spaces on the business units there, £6 which goes to charity. It is on a one way system with two routes off (one heading back towards the ground) both controlled by lights so you won't be making a quick getaway.

The Counting House is predominantly away fans only on Match Days, It's next door to Morrison's so quite a few nip in there for a few cans and sit outside the pub. The Local Hero just across the car park is strictly home fans only.

The bad old days of Filbert Street are long gone, sure we have a few idiots but there's no problem wearing your colours around the ground.

L

linekers underpants

Freeman’s Common industrial estate has loads of parking £3-£4 the money also goes to local charities.
Only downside is it is a nightmare getting out afterwards, I’d recommend having another drink after the game before leaving that 45 minutes the traffic has usually cleared.

M

Mr Wolf

Freeman’s Common industrial estate has loads of parking £3-£4 the money also goes to local charities.
Only downside is it is a nightmare getting out afterwards, I’d recommend having another drink after the game before leaving that 45 minutes the traffic has usually cleared.
Yeah I’ll probably go for a pint & some food after the game. Who’s the 17:30 kick off Saturday. Might end up watching that for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom