Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds verdict

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why didnt he bring on Podence earlier? Leaves his subs too long. Could have played Podence as a no10 and had us more fluid through the middle. Moutinho should have been hooked after the first half as well. Seemed Bruno was terrified of an injury hit Leeds and had us sitting back like scared rabbits for over 70 minutes. Bizarre and strange tactics. Bruno ball high pressing appears to have vanished to be replace by a cross of Pulis/ Nuno ball.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weird how? We're getting results because we have good players.

We lost three games against three good teams. If that's enough to abandon your philosophy over then you don't believe in it properly.

We just got outplayed by a Leeds United side that is missing it's five best players.

Because our players aren't that good that they can just dig out wins in spite of the managers tactics. Its basically under Nuno atm, which is not what I was hoping for.

But being realistically, can we expect if the players are the same as last year.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's stupid to criticize any players today because that's the way they were set up by Bruno. He didn't get the results the 1st 3 games where we were playing some fantastic football, now he seems to have gone to playing the complete opposite, yes we've got a few results but today sitting on a 1-0 lead from the 10th minuet is taking it to far

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After today, I don‘t expect Wolves will be better than mediocre this season. Bruno has had a preseason with most of the players, a few friendlies and 9 league games yet there is still so much to improve. Still too many similarities to Nuno, imo.
We let or (maybe it’s worse, we couldn’t stop ) Leeds from out running us, string their passes together, and constantly getting in or around our box. We got bossed.

I now believe that we need many personnel changes at the club if we want to be a consistent top club. Really big changes. Until then, we will remain a 12th. quality club.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After today, I don‘t expect Wolves will be better than mediocre this season. Bruno has had a preseason with most of the players, a few friendlies and 9 league games yet there is still so much to improve. Still too many similarities to Nuno, imo.
We let or (maybe it’s worse, we couldn’t stop ) Leeds from out running us, string their passes together, and constantly getting in or around our box. We got bossed.

I now believe that we need many personnel changes at the club if we want to be a consistent top club. Really big changes. Until then, we will remain a 12th. quality club.
You have to freshen things up in football otherwise they stagnate. Players have to be moved on and replaced with different ones with different mentalities. Atm this team has stagnated and we need changes throughout.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would have been a false position if we'd held on to sit 5th. I think 10th is an absolutely fair representation of where we are in the league. Too.much about us to.be down the bottom, not enough to be knocking on the door of top 6.

No disgrace in that with this squad, but we do need a performance.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I actually wonder if one the reasons we were so much better the 1st 3 games was because our pre-season was much more intensive than other teams and we started the season ahead of them fitness-wise and now they have caught us up.

Even so I just still can't rationalise a reason why our team of many seasoned internationals find it so difficult to retain possession especially against such a weakened team.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today was simply diabolical. Thankful for the point but I'd be gutted if I were a Leeds fan, drawing to the utter ****e that we were today. Bruno is showing he has no balls or even tactical awareness. Thank god Leeds were not a full strength else we would have been mullered. We have so many talented players and yet we produce dire performances like that! Shocking. I've said it before and will say it again. Donk and Moutinho were a calamity in midfield. A few weeks ago Moutinho turned an attack of ours into defence. Donk did the same today, when he ignored a simple pass to Semedo, who was in an advanced position on the wing, instead electing to pass 20 yards backwards! The misplaced passes, allowing players to run past them at will, what a mess the pair of them were! I'm still not convinced by Semedo but we have no alternative, unless we put Adama at RWB. Creatively, we are non-existent, which is why Podence has to be given a run of games, so he can get into a groove, and why Neves has to start! The only positives today were Jimenez never say die attitude and Hwang getting on the scoresheet. Otherwise, that was a disaster, performance wise. An utter shambles. Bruno needs to sort this out.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was embarrassed for Raul today. He was flopping all over the pitch while hardly getting touched. Also, our time wasting tactics were pathetic towards the end of the match.

Why is it that every single team ahead on the score always happen to get cramps but it never happens to the team thats losing? Strange, isn't jt?

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Lucky point, played like a bunch of ****s but would of taken 1 point before the game

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno got this totally wrong
Even if we had hung on i would be saying the same
You cannot defend that deep for an hour in this league,when you have no midfield to speak of
Neves should have been on after the hour,Podence too, we looked knackered and badly needed some ball retention
Traore offered little today,Hwang faded after a bright start, but literally played half back second half
Mouts and Donk got totally overrun,although they tried they just werent fast enough to react
Kilman played well, and Semedo, till he gave away the pen, mainly because he was dead on his feet and playing the wrong side
I have defended Bruno so far, but im beginning to think we may have got this wrong

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Why didnt he bring on Podence earlier? Leaves his subs too long. Could have played Podence as a no10 and had us more fluid through the middle. Moutinho should have been hooked after the first half as well. Seemed Bruno was terrified of an injury hit Leeds and had us sitting back like scared rabbits for over 70 minutes. Bizarre and strange tactics. Bruno ball high pressing appears to have vanished to be replace by a cross of Pulis/ Nuno ball.
Comparing Pulis and Nuno is ouf of order. Should have gone 3 in the middle for me, stick Traore up top, but Hwang was working his socks off trotecting RAN. I thought Lage got it wrong, but I thought the same last week at 80 minutes.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In response to some of those posts on this thread already, the reality is we have some **** posters who love it when we drop points so they can post their crap.

Did we play well? No. Did we deserve a point? Yes. Do we have a weak squad in certain positions? Yes. When was the last time we won four in the top league? Early 1970’s.
Are you sure “we have some **** posters who love it when we drop points”? Maybe you’re misinterpreting valid criticism.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was embarrassed for Raul today. He was flopping all over the pitch while hardly getting touched. Also, our time wasting tactics were pathetic towards the end of the match.

Why is it that every single team ahead on the score always happen to get cramps but it never happens to the team thats losing? Strange, isn't jt?
Feel your a bit harsh on Raul but agree totally about the time wasting. Why?

We did it at Southampton, it's a joke. All we did was rile the crowd up and the ref ends up giving the penalty because of the crowd.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, we are very restricted by having the least mobile midfield in the history of the Premiership. They are individually good players, but there is no mobility whatsoever.
I feel a bit sorry for Bruno, he must realise our severe limitations.

After what I have seen today I would be seriously tempted to have a look at a Neves/ Cundle pairing. They cant do any worse than the rubbish Moutinho and Dendoncker served up today and would be more mobile as a pairing. Cundle is a good player and does get stuck in despite his lack of height.

Fortune favours the brave but these performances or lack of them and Bruno seemingly playing Moutinho game after game no matter how bad he is concern me along with his late substitutions.

I like a few am beginning to think we have won the previous games despite some really poor tactics and selections.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That play when we had the ball near the box then we passed it back and the passer did the "calm down" motion with his arms. Horrible! Don't k ow who it was...Donk maybe?

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Truth is we lack the winners mentality. We don’t have enough winners in the team. Players like donks, semedo, kilman (although he has been our best player this season) to name a few just don’t have that drive to win. We lack the Roy Keane figure

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady's comments on Sky Sports sum it up.

Basically said we were scared of them, didn't want to go 'toe to toe' even though their attack had Tyler Roberts, Summerville and Gelhardt compared to Traore, Hwang and Jimenez.

Scared. Comes from the manager.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno got this totally wrong
Even if we had hung on i would be saying the same
You cannot defend that deep for an hour in this league,when you have no midfield to speak of
Neves should have been on after the hour,Podence too, we looked knackered and badly needed some ball retention
Traore offered little today,Hwang faded after a bright start, but literally played half back second half
Mouts and Donk got totally overrun,although they tried they just werent fast enough to react
Kilman played well, and Semedo, till he gave away the pen, mainly because he was dead on his feet and playing the wrong side
I have defended Bruno so far, but im beginning to think we may have got this wrong

We'd have been in the top six if we'd won.

We were crap today but some of the hand-wringing is laughable.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought RAN was one of best players. My dad thought he was the worst. Any advise who is right.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'd have been in the top six if we'd won.

We were crap today but some of the hand-wringing is laughable.
We are the form team in the division after Chelski. We were rubbish today but the broader.moans are not justified at the moment. Remember, this is when it's going well! There will plenty more defeats in the season to get our teeth into!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Truth is we lack the winners mentality. We don’t have enough winners in the team. Players like donks, semedo, kilman (although he has been our best player this season) to name a few just don’t have that drive to win. We lack the Roy Keane figure
And yet came back from 2-0 last week to win

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
To be honest their fans sensed it today and whilst we we a rock defensively there’s only so much you can stand.

Leeds fans I’ve shared the journey back with have been decent in their assessment but thought that was a decent result against them.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disappointing, but inevitable, that the manager is beginning to get questioned despite being rinsed by those running the club in the Summer. There has been a massive change in tactics, most probably because of either a) Bruno doesn't trust these players to play the game he wants or b) he's reluctant to carry on with the high octane style seen in the first 3 games for fear of putting too much physical pressure on our wafer thin squad. Or both.

We have got 13 points from the last 6 games despite having very little control in any of them in truth. The reason for that is a bang average, pedestrian midfield and a defence that cannot be trusted to play in a 4,thus allowing us more bodies to get more control in midfield. For both points, blame Jeff.

Every Wolves fan would surely have been delighted at the return from our first 9 games given what happened in the Summer. Doesn't matter how we get there - we need to stay clear of trouble until Jeff actually turns up for once.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expected goals aren't as bad as I feared: 1.7 v 0.8

Just seen the goal again. He goes down easily but it was poor defending.

Bad day at the office and a point is eminently stomachable though

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expected goals aren't as bad as I feared: 1.7 v 0.8

Just seen the goal again. He goes down easily but it was poor defending.

Bad day at the office and a point is eminently stomachable though

0.75 of that is a pen though. Draw probably fair based off that.

Back
Top Bottom