Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds Verdict Thread

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Let's have it then

Ikeme looked solid came off his line well did what was needed 7
Zubar - why he's still here I don't know can't defend can pass awful 3
Ward - not much better than Zubar, always picks the wrong option 4
Johnson - looks like a man with a point to prove, needs to concentrate harder, best defender though that wasn't hard 6
Henry - compared to the Leeds anchorman didnt show the blood and commitment., continuing in his turn and pass back mode. 6
Forde - cant see him making much impression on that performance. Don't really know what he offers, probably has good ability just don't know where he fits in. 5
Doumbia - did ok always there neat and tidy passer needs a creative midfielder alongside him. 6
Jarvis - thought given the circumstances he did ok, better that I expected and looked like he wanted to score. 7
Doyle - not at he races today, looked like he was up against a Premiership defence not Leeds. 5
Ebanks-Blake - best of the Wolves forwards put a shift in without looking like scoring 6

Pzecko - liked the look of him very positive made a couple of wrong choices but looks like a regular starter. 7
Siggudarson - showed glimpses of quality will need a few games to get up to speed.
Edwards ?

Overall couldn't deal with paced attacks, out battled and had no cutting edge.

Stale now knows what he has to sort - a new CB, LB creative midfielder and Foley or Doherty in at Right Back

Sent from my brain using some software or other...

Last edited by a moderator:

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"We've got a $$$$ team but he built a new stand"

R

RichDavi

Get a new CB, RB and LB in as soon as possible. Forget Fletcher.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ikeme 8
Zubar 5
Johnson 7
Stearman 5
Ward 5
Forde 5
Henry 6
Doumbia 6
Jarvis 6
Doyle 5
SEB 6

Siggy 6
Peszko 6
Edwards didn't really do much when he came on.

Mick's old boys Zubar, Ward, Stearman and Doyle all need dropping + moving on once we have adequate replacements for them. Our new signings looked good though but overall a very poor performance against an average side.

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is hope, Doumbia if we can keep him fit is class, Pesko and Siggy look promising, Ikeme was excellent, we need a class central defender, left back and left sided midfielder and we will be ok.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its the Performance that matters

First game and we played the better Football. Peszko and Sig showed why we bought them. We created lots of possibilities but few outright chances. Their goal was quite possibly offside. We looked good on the ball. The second half was disrupted by injuries and Leeds' time-wasting so getting a flow to the game was next to impossible. The Ref gave us nothing. On another day we would have won that.

The moaners and scapegoaters on the Comms thread can't get their short attention spans off the result. This thread is for people who can see the bigger picture.

45 games to go.

W

Womble19

uninspiring, same old carp defending, the new signings arent exactly the world beaters they were made out to be, ikeme was solid, impressed on his improvement hope it lasts. sterman is a sunday league footballer, wont be that sad to lose jarvis if we get a half decent replacement

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They play such a high line and have no pace to get back when it's played in behind.

Jarvis tried which was good to see but he's the only one deserving any credit.

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is hope, Doumbia if we can keep him fit is class, Pesko and Siggy look promising, Ikeme was excellent, we need a class central defender, left back and left sided midfielder and we will be ok.

Agree.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell Fletcher and buy some defenders & we'll have a chance. Otherwise, we'll just be a carbon copy of last season

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need a new CB and LB and a creative CM.

Lacked confidence and the players still haven't got to grips with Ståles style of play yet.

A few signings and a win or two and we'll look a lot better.

Leeds away under Warnock was probably the worst game we could have been given IMO.

M

Monkey Man

New manager, same Wolves.

Going to be a long season if this is the standard. Defence is worse than past year, quite an achievement that.

J

johnybig32

We should have easily have got something out of that game. We looked good going forward, SIgs and Pez look really good signings. They look like footballers.

A lot of the others are suffering Premier Hangovers.

I thought the movement off the ball was massively improved and I was pleased to see more balls into feet.

Given time, defintely the right direction.

The defence however is a totally different situation. Feel so frustrated that we lost this game.

The ref was totally shocking too.

Ikeme looked better than I thought although he didnt really have much to do.

Doumbia MOTM.

E

E is for idiot.

We look okay on the ball, but defensively we are very weak. Why are we so vulnerable to straight balls? Their goal was a shocking one to give away, but in all fairness they could have had a few. We did look good when going forward though, and Peszko looked excellent when he came on. Sigurdardsen to start next game maybe?

Reaction score
We grew into it from about 40 mins in but by that point Leeds had their goal and could soak up the pressure - not saying they were great by any stretch but towards the end were doing a lot better than how we'd started; quite possibly due to Peszko & Sigurdarson coming on. Defence desperately needs sorting out.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ikeme was fine. No complaints.
Zubar tried to get up, but he still has no concept of positioning.
Stearman was woeful as ever.
Johnson tried, but he still isn't very good.
Ward was possibly the worst player on the field.
Jarvis didn't care.
Doumbia was bright in the first half, but very average in the second half.
Henry was average.
Forde was poor.
SEB tried hard but had no service whatsoever.
Doyle should be sold.
-----
Peszco was good. Lots of energy and enthusiasm, pace and willingness to run at defenders.
Sigurdarson didn't do much.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 winnable home games await. Even this early in the season, we need to build up something of a head of steam or we're simply going to be left behind. Feeling very deflated.

M

Monkey Man

First game and we played the better Football. Peszko and Sig showed why we bought them. We created lots of possibilities but few outright chances. Their goal was quite possibly offside. We looked good on the ball. The second half was disrupted by injuries and Leeds' time-wasting so getting a flow to the game was next to impossible. The Ref gave us nothing. On another day we would have won that.

The moaners and scapegoaters on the Comms thread can't get their short attention spans off the result. This thread is for people who can see the bigger picture.

45 games to go.

Sweet Jesus were you watching the same game? WE WERE GASH.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Ikeme - 7

Zubar - 4
Ward - 3
Johnson - 6
Steaman - 4

Jarvis - 5
Forde - 3
Henry - 5
Doumbia - 7

SEB - 4
Doyle - 3

Peszko - 7
Sigurdarson - 6
Edwards - N/A

D

Deleted member 3545

same old same old. nowt looks any different. to me still suffering relegation hangover.

At least another 3-4 new signings

M

Mugwump

Very poor at the back. The new players look good. Ikeme looked very solid. Change is going to take time, but i dont think our performance was acceptable, we just looked good sporadically.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 game we've lost and everyone is contemplating suicide

1. We playing in the most competitive league in Europe maybe the world
2. Theres 45 more games to go chill the hell out
3. Change just doesnt happen withthe click of fans fingers

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can categorically say that even from watching him play for 20 (rusty) minutes, Bjorn Sigurdarsen will be bloody brilliant this season and Pezsko won't be far off the same.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to change the back four.....all of them!

I agree, they were all complete and utter $$$$e. Same old from last season, we can't even defend against Leeds - your bog standard championship side.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New centre back asap Sherman was gash. There is hope though!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need defenders who aren't used to getting wallopped every week.

Could do a lot worse than give Danny Batth a chance.

D

Deleted member 3751

Definitely positives to take and I'll stick my neck out - when these players win a couple of games and get some confidence they'll $$$$ this league.

* Could do with a couple of defenders though.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no way that the damage done by the 3 'M's was going to be undone in one transfer window.

We need to back Stale.It's not his fault he inherited so much $$$$ - on and off the field.

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a centre-half and a left back.

Foley/Doherty A.N.Other Johnson A.N.Other

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ikeme - 8
Zubar - 4
Ward - 5
Johnson - 5
Stearman - 1
Jarvis - 5
Forde - 1
Henry - 5
Doumbia - 6
SEB - 6
Doyle - 4

Peszko - 7
Sigurdarson - 7
Edwards - N/A

D

Dewolf

We need defenders who aren't used to getting wallopped every week.

Could do a lot worse than give Danny Batth a chance.

Totally agree. I would add Doherty in at right back as well. No-one who was involved in the relegation comes away with any credit today.

C

Clapham Wolf

I'm not knocking him because he's clearly not match fit and didn't have any service, and I do think he'll be a good player, but how are people on here saying Sig was good? Did you watch the game?

Struggling to pick an MOTM, but thought Jarvis was up there, which is worrying. Big hole in the team to replace if he goes.

M

Mugwump

1 game we've lost and everyone is contemplating suicide

1. We playing in the most competitive league in Europe maybe the world
2. Theres 45 more games to go chill the hell out
3. Change just doesnt happen withthe click of fans fingers

Good post, sticky it so others can get some perspective.

G

GoldForever

Ikeme was fine. distribution is hopeless though.
Zubar needs to be replaced by Foley, positioning is woeful.
Stearman, the less said the better, disgrace to the shirt.
Johnson, better, but playing next to Stearman makes him look $$$$.
Ward, another messiah, a bag of $$$$, same old clips down the line, $$$$.

Forde, should not start another league game.
Doumbia, stood out in the middle, makes Henry look like a conference player.
Henry, poor as ever, gave the ball away, pussied out of tackles, same old.
Jarvis, looked a threat but could hardly receive the ball in a decent attacking position.

SEB, looked sharp to me, would of kept him on and had Siggy in behind him.
Doyle, $$$$, poor, rubbish, kept falling over, always running with his head down, but we all knew this.

Pezsco, looked lively as $$$$ to me, injected some spark, he'l be useful when he gets up to speed.
Siggy, looked good also, couple of neat passes, 1 delightful chip over the top.

Back
Top Bottom