Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds v Wolves comms thread.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Learning curves,. 'll take a while to get used to the dynamics of playing a 4 under the intensity of the Premier league. Got to preserve with it even when it's not going our way.

Decent half in spells.
Problem with that is we have a league table and our position in it will dictate how long the experiment will go on for. Last season it was three games before Bruno decided we needed points. I predict he'll do the same if we don't get some wins.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Frantic half needing an experienced player to slow things down.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some good, some bad, at least it's not mind-numbingly boring.

Jose Sa is a mad man. I thought MGW has done pretty well for his first prem game in ages, at least he's showing for it and trying to make things happen. Rusty Ruben and Donk miles off it is killing us in the midfield.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are goals in this for both teams but I’ve got a horrible feeling we lose this later on. They look sharper and fitter all over even though we are by far the better footballing side.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also thought both our full backs have been poor. Big improvement from them needed second half. We lack a focal point as well.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

There are goals in this for both teams but I’ve got a horrible feeling we lose this later on. They look sharper and fitter all over even though we are by far the better footballing side.
They are so much more athletic. Other than Neto for Rodrigo + Hwang for Bamford I am not sure athletically we'd have another player in their team in like for like positions.

Wolfiebill

Groupie
Reaction score
Only if it's allowed (I don't want to fall foul of "The Police", but if possible could someone post a link to the radio commentary for the match, please?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said our goal was "against the run of play" when they'd barely been in our half!

Gotta hope that's Sa's worst half of the season! Three screw-ups, lucky to allow only one goal
Really can't believe that wasn't a penalty. A gift from VAR
Sa’s not had any game time in the summer. He looks completely out of sorts.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Have to ask why do they look sharper and fitter than us? This should not be the case.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lucky to get away with that penalty shout,Sa been awful
Been all over the place at the back,no midfield, otherwise pretty good
MGW doesnt look a £35 million player so far
Hwang has done well though so far,Neto ok
Donk should have scored but a good save tbf
Could go either way

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to ask why do they look sharper and fitter than us? This should not be the case.
I think they're just quicker, it's not fitness.

Donk and Neves aren't really mobile.

There two in the middle are.

In fact, most of their side is. You would think it's only going one way considering we have no useful subs and they'll freshen it up.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Lucky to get away with that penalty shout,Sa been awful
Been all over the place at the back,no midfield, otherwise pretty good
MGW doesnt look a £35 million player so far
Hwang has done well though so far,Neto ok
Donk should have scored but a good save tbf
Could go either way
Best assessment I've seen yet

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really can't believe that wasn't a penalty. A gift from VAR
Wouldn't have been surprised if it was given but.... how was it any different to the two late challenges on Neves that didn't draw a free kick? Football is a contact sport... both players were going for the ball, both had momentum, one player won it, the other had momentum that he couldn't change and made contact.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
On the hand, Leeds put so much into that first half that they might tire before us. We can hope.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No surprise at all. Theres only two of them and its the same people (largely) as always.
Its not 3-4-3 thats the problem, 4 at the back isnt the solution unless we have 3 in midfield and better quality to support and protect Neves.
With Moutinho out we don't have 3 "first" choice midfielders!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one thing that really does worry me after that half is we don't seem to have learned from the pitfalls we exhibited during our failed attempts to play 4 under Nuno. Very fragile when they're running at us and we allow ourselves to be overloaded too easily.

I don't think we've been that bad when Leeds are running at us, we've managed it quite well. The problem seems that when we win the ball from them, we're giving it straight back. We've not been able to play through them - though we have done OK from some long passes over them. It's very uncontrolled. I don't think we've been that bad - surely we have to allow some time to settle and this is exactly what will happen when you change the core formation from one we've played for 5 years.

Loads of chances, hectic football, thought this was what fans wanted? Or would we prefer the old way of a boring 0-0 at half time (or 1-0 down) without creating a single chance? 7 shots each , we've had 1 more on target from them. Don't get what the problem is - surely this is what 4 at the back is always going to give you? More goals at either end? (and if we had Raul, reckon we'd be winning, too)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So frustrating that central midfield is again a big issue today so far. We can all mostly see it. Why cant the men in charge? Its only been four years!

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hope Bruno doesn't **** it and go back to a five. That would be alarming after all pre season trying four.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Wouldn't have been surprised if it was given but.... how was it any different to the two late challenges on Neves that didn't draw a free kick? Football is a contact sport... both players were going for the ball, both had momentum, one player won it, the other had momentum that he couldn't change and made contact.
Because if you throw your fist through the air, miss the ball and punch the opposition it is at minimum a penalty. Patricio got done against France with it at the Euro's if memory serves and he won the ball

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not ruling him out, far from it but I had a feeling last seasons Sa was a fluke and he’ll be a lot poorer this season. Hope I’m wrong of course
Wont say its a fluke but his performance levels were beyond outstanding its highly unlikely he will be close to matching those levels and we could be 10 points or so worse off

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Wont say its a fluke but his performance levels were beyond outstanding its highly unlikely he will be close to matching those levels and we could be 10 points or so worse off
Statistically it is basically impossible to repeat his level of performance, unless he is like prime Buffon

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like how more attacking we look in a 4 problem is it’s always going to be heart in mouth until we make the changes in midfield, because that’s pretty much unchanged from when Nuno gave it a go. Less worried about upfront now if we play Hwang in the position he’s clearly best in and we do bring Batman in. But on this showing I’d argue we need 2 CM’s in rather than one

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like how more attacking we look in a 4 problem is it’s always going to be heart in mouth until we make the changes in midfield, because that’s pretty much unchanged from when Nuno gave it a go. Less worried about upfront now if we play Hwang in the position he’s clearly best in and we do bring Batman in. But on this showing I’d argue we need 2 CM’s in rather than one

We need two new central midfielders if Bruno isnt going to trust Cundle and Ronan.

Back
Top Bottom