Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds How good are they?

L

luckyjim

Ok, so apparently a lot of us are resigned to defeat at Leeds, but who out of the Leeds squad would you choose over that of Wolves?

B

bridgnorthwolf

There's not one single player in the Leeds squad who would get in the Wolves team.

Well, the only possible exception would be Kenny if Ikeme plays.

Not saying they won't beat us because that's not how the game works, but there's no one they've got who would interest us in the slightest.

B

BigBadWolf

Not the championship contending team everyone seems to think they are, but none the less still capable of beating us with our defence.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's not one single player in the Leeds squad who would get in the Wolves team.

Well, the only possible exception would be Kenny if Ikeme plays.

Not saying they won't beat us because that's not how the game works, but there's no one they've got who would interest us in the slightest.

What he said.

But, as we've learned to our detriment over the last 12 months, a winning ethos and spirit is far more important than individual superiority.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Warnock as manager never discount any team!

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched them a couple of times towards the end of last season and was far from impressed, especially with their attacking play.

H

HUGEWolf

Ok, so apparently a lot of us are resigned to defeat at Leeds, but who out of the Leeds squad would you choose over that of Wolves?

Really? It's the first game of the season. Let's at least start with a little positivity!

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't swap our likely XI on Sat for theirs.

That said,our midfield looks really poor and that will leave us vulnerable away from home.

Leeds are playing us at the right time from their point of view.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've rarely seen them over the past season but when I did they looked dire.

L

luckyjim

Really? It's the first game of the season. Let's at least start with a little positivity!

I would be disappointed if Leeds beat us personally, but a lot of people were pessimistic in the prediction thread.

D

Dewsburywolf

In answer to the OP not very but then again neither are we

Leeds on Saturday & Barnsley on Tuesday, please guys don't lose these games

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
A very pertinent question by the OP.

It seems to me many on here are $$$$ting themselves over nothing.

Our players as individuals are more than capable of getting a result at Leeds!... it's all about if it comes together this early. But a win is not improbable at all.

S

Sandwell Wolf

People are looking too much at 'Leeds' the name and not the terribly average squad they've got.

If our new manager has anything about him we should beat them comfortably.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't swap our likely XI on Sat for theirs.

That said,our midfield looks really poor and that will leave us vulnerable away from home.

Leeds are playing us at the right time from their point of view.

I don't think it looks poor it just lack creativity and is too defensively minded. I think away from home it'll make us difficult to beat, however at home when the initiative is with us it may struggle to break teams down.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Warnock will have em fired up and their dirty crowd will be LOUD-but if we can keep it tight for 70 mins and not buckle under pressure we should come away with 3 points I would love to see us score a screamer similar to Bothroyds a few years back !!

G

GoldForever

They're $$$$.
Leeds & Barnsley, if were not walking away with 6 points out of these 2 games there is something seriously wrong.

D

Deleted member 4152

None is the answer. However this is a transitional period for us, and what with the uncertainty within the club with ref to players leaving, leeds at home, us being on the goddamn tele, our possible relegation hangover, i can see us losing this one.

I think the new manager will be fine, trouble is, its goona take time and patience. Heres hoping!

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Relax. Get some sleep. There are so many variables, intangibles floating about at the moment you might as well try and second guess the weather on bonfire night this year.

Just as this saturday will probably have little bearing on our ultimate destiny this season, this season may only tell a small part of the story that will shape our journey back to the premiership.

To me it feels like we're pulling out of Southampton docks, bound for Sydney. If we have to go twice round the Isle of Wight before we go full speed ahead, who gives a ****.

We're heading for the sun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Relax. Get some sleep. There are so many variables, intangibles floating about at the moment you might as try and second guess the weather on bonfire night this year.

Just as this saturday will probably have little bearing on our ultimate destiny this season, this season may only tell a small part of the story that will shape our journey back to the premiership.

To me it feels like we're pulling out of Southampton docks, bound for Sydney. If we have to go twice round the Isle of Wight before we go full speed ahead, who gives a ****.

Love it!

W

wolfyjoe

$$$$ squad. No stand out players. We've got one of the strongest squads in the league, possibly even the strongest. A lot of our players have done themselves justice at Premier League level at one point or another.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ross McCormack I certainly wouldn't mind and Luke Varney. The rest, not so bothered about really.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds aren't that big of a deal! Good side at this level but certainly beatable

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not very.

Typical average championship cannon fodder. As are 90% of the other teams in this $$$$ty league.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FFS, the doom-monging has started early, even by webmongs standards on here!!

We have a far stronger squad now than the one we went up with - even the same players who are here now have 3 years Premier League experience under their belt - Henry is 10 x the player he was 3 years ago, and Jarvis? Where do you begin with his improvement?

Chrissake, even before a ball is kicked, we're crap! How can anyone say that a midfield of Henry, Doumbia, Davis, O'Hara, Edwards, Jarvis, Peszko (sp?) plus others looks "really poor" is absolutely beyond me!! Name a team with a stronger midfield than ours!!?

Creating problems was NEVER a problem for us under MM, Jees, we even came top of the number of crosses into the box stats in the entire premier league!! It's putting the chances away and stopping the ball going into our own net that's been the problem - well guess what folks - we ain't playing Rooney, Nani, Van Persie and Tevez week in, week out anymore, we're playing Luke ******* Varney !! Just in case anyone didn't notice what has been happening since February!!

We may not win against Leeds as our squad will take some time to settle to the manager's style - but I for one don't fear anyone in this league with our squad - which, and has been pointed out probably THE strongest in the entire league - that's why we're 2nd favourites to go up...

And all this bandwagon-jumping slagging off of our midfield must be from the goldfish amongst you - we're not playing Man U and Chelsea every week any more guys - we're back in the championship remember!!

we. will. be. fine.

stop. $$$$ing. your. pants.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Relax. Get some sleep. There are so many variables, intangibles floating about at the moment you might as try and second guess the weather on bonfire night this year.

:D......

On the pace issue raised by some on here.......we're more about patient passing and movement now! I thought this was understood! :confused:

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
We will by the end of the transfer window, have a much better squad than Dirty Leeds. On Saturday, it's going to be a difficult match.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manc Wolf I personally feel there are three teams in a stronger position than we are: Bolton, Blackburn and Hull. But apart from that, there isn't much out there that could compete with our squad.

T

Toupee4Rae

Beating Leeds would be a statement not only to the league but to our own fans. I don't think we are as bad as some would suggest having said that getting off to a winning start is vital if a promotion push is on the cards.

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manc Wolf I personally feel there are three teams in a stronger position than we are: Bolton, Blackburn and Hull. But apart from that, there isn't much out there that could compete with our squad.

I can see where you're coming from on the Blackburn and Bolton front, but genuinely interested, what makes you think Hull skrilla?

P

pompeywolf

I've watched Varney and Norris play enough times for Pompey to know that I'd prefer any of our lads.

D

Dewsburywolf

On the pace issue raised by some on here.......we're more about patient passing and movement now! I thought this was understood! :confused:

Pass & move (containment) then hit them on the break was my take on things

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of my mates are tipping them to go up. Must just be winding me up.#

They'll give us a game but I'd expect us to turn them over.

D

dazmanwolf

I don't think it matters about how good they are. Its the first game of the seaon and every team wants to win it.

A

andyc225

According to the Guess and Stir Ståle is urging Colin to concentrate on his own team. This'll be fun.

D

Deleted member 4184

They're $$$$e.

peltier. Lees. Pearce. White

Austin. Norris.

Green. McCormack. Varney

Becchio

Back
Top Bottom