Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds and Forest

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Number one priority - don’t lose !
I can see a tight defensive format

T

TheConcourse

Where is this myth, now seemingly accepted as reality, come from that we have no fight?

No physical presence, no cutting edge, no end product, yes. But I don’t see us as having less fight than any other side.

Maybe I’m in the minority but I think some are confusing big athletic **** houses who can run with players who have fight.
Absolute nonsense isn’t it?

Imagine accusing this team of that after Everton away, Spurs at home and Southampton away.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to be safe before we play man united. dyche will set everton up to at least get a point and i really cant see us beating united or arsenal. that leaves 8 games to get what we need so leeds and forest are vital. 3-4 points is crucial. less than 3 and we will be right back in it

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United couldn’t beat Southampton at Old Trafford yesterday with 10 men.

We beat Southampton at their place and we had 10 men.

We can get at least a point.
Cos that's how football works innit?

Liverpool beat Bournemouth 9 0 and United 7 0, United beat Bournemouth 3 0. It only stands to reason that Liverpool would beat Bournemouth 20 0 in the return fixture.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously we hope we win these games but I won‘t be surprised if we lose both those games.
I don’t know about anybody else but some of my belief and optimism in JL is diminshing.

No one fears Wolves.
i assume you are actually in vancouver. the bloke has utterly transformed us. we were adrift in 20th and evens to go down with 10 points from 15 games. we are now 13th and JL has managed 17 from 12. the bookies have us at 6/1 to go down now. its a bloody miracle. he might not keep us up but he has worked wonders

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Obviously we hope we win these games but I won‘t be surprised if we lose both those games.
I don’t know about anybody else but some of my belief and optimism in JL is diminshing.

No one fears Wolves.
We were dead and buried before Julen came in, we now have more than a fighting chance of staying up.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were dead and buried before Julen came in, we now have more than a fighting chance of staying up.
Yes, you’re right but even though I’m normally a positive person, some of our recent performances have got me a bit twitchy about relegation. Yesterday’s game has me a bit down at the moment.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Yes, you’re right but even though I’m normally a positive person, some of our recent performances have got me a bit twitchy about relegation. Yesterday’s game has me a bit down at the moment.
We weren’t that bad. Honestly. We’ve still got a lot of games left against teams below us too.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cos that's how football works innit?

Liverpool beat Bournemouth 9 0 and United 7 0, United beat Bournemouth 3 0. It only stands to reason that Liverpool would beat Bournemouth 20 0 in the return fixture.
I thought Liverpool would beat Bournemouth 25-0, Bill. :)

Just shows the unpredictability of the Premie4 League this season.

We beat Liverpool at home 3-0, next game we beat Southampton away 2 -1 with 10 men, next game we lose to Bournemouth at home 1-0!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i assume you are actually in vancouver. the bloke has utterly transformed us. we were adrift in 20th and evens to go down with 10 points from 15 games. we are now 13th and JL has managed 17 from 12. the bookies have us at 6/1 to go down now. its a bloody miracle. he might not keep us up but he has worked wonders
Utterly transformed us?
Yes, he’s transformed us somewhat but you must admit that we still have a serious shortage of goals. It’s a worry.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know how many Premier league goals we've scored since JL came in compared to the rest of the bottom half?
I've no idea how to access that info.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Liverpool would beat Bournemouth 25-0, Bill. :)

Just shows the unpredictability of the Premie4 League this season.

We beat Liverpool at home 3-0, next game we beat Southampton away 2 -1 with 10 men, next game we lose to Bournemouth at home 1-0!
This season seems more unpredictable than any I remember, although I'm pretty sure Wolves were bottom when Kenny Miller scored the only goal to beat reigning champions 1 0 Man U. Obviously it's nothing new.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see us going into half time behind if we start with a defensive format.
Probably. But we don’t seem to have the confidence to go for a proactive win .

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we set up defensively against these two, I shall fall seriously out of love with JL, as it is a surefire recipe for defeat especially v Leeds

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
i agree. without the last minute goals at everton and southampton we would be bottom tonight
The goal at Southampton was in the 87th minute, so where is the time cut off point in which goals don't count? Under your new points system will be get 2 points back for Newcastle's injury time winner at Molineux? What about Brighton's winner at Molineux, is 83 minutes in the timeframe to call it a proper goal? You'd also better let Arsenal fans that they didn't beat Bournemouth in injury time a few weeks ago and Manchester City fans that they didn't win the league in 2012 because Aguero's winning goal against QPR was far too late to count as a real win.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My main worry is Leeds. We consistently play badly against teams that press us high up the pitch and that work hard to be more physical than us. Lemina will help and maybe Gomes. Left back is an area of concern with Bueno out. Id start Sarabia and Cunha and, and i cant believe im writing this, Hwang, for his energy if nothing else.
We need to fight. We have better players, but they need to combine their skill with the work rate of Neves.
I'm bloody nervous and it's only Tuesday

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And if she had a dick my aunt would be my uncle. You can make that argument about any team in the league. Daft. Goals scored in the 1st minute or the 95th count the same.

The goal at Southampton was in the 87th minute, so where is the time cut off point in which goals don't count? Under your new points system will be get 2 points back for Newcastle's injury time winner at Molineux? What about Brighton's winner at Molineux, is 83 minutes in the timeframe to call it a proper goal? You'd also better let Arsenal fans that they didn't beat Bournemouth in injury time a few weeks ago and Manchester City fans that they didn't win the league in 2012 because Aguero's winning goal against QPR was far too late to count as a real win.
Not sure if you both misunderstood @oldgoldheart or whether I did but I read him saying the late goals were a positive not something to be disregarded.

He was replying to a post about it being nonsense that Wolves have no fight or desire, I read his message as agreeing with that because if that were true we’d have thrown the towel in and probably not got those late goals. A wolves team without fight would be sat bottom of the league right now, but we aren’t, because the idea we have no fight isn’t true.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arguably season defining.

6 points: order some of Hicko’s oysters, we are home and hosed.

4 points: very much acceptable

3 points: not great but could be worse

2 points: worse

1 point: someone check in on Jos

0 points: anyone got Neil Warnocks number?

What we saying….?
6 points magnificent
4 points almost as good
2 points ok- as we have maintained the distance from both

Just dont lose either game

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
start both games 3 at the back.

Sa
Collins Dawson Kilman
Semedo Lemina Neves RAN
Cunha Raul Neto

Subs- 5 from

Hwang for Raul
Traore- Cunha
Sarabia- Neto
Jonny-Either wing back
Moutinho- either mid or to go 5 in midfield to seal the game if 2-0 up.
Gomes- Either mid if the energy drops or if chasing the game
Podence- If he comes on then its a hail Mary!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Not sure if you both misunderstood @oldgoldheart or whether I did but I read him saying the late goals were a positive not something to be disregarded.

He was replying to a post about it being nonsense that Wolves have no fight or desire, I read his message as agreeing with that because if that were true we’d have thrown the towel in and probably not got those late goals. A wolves team without fight would be sat bottom of the league right now, but we aren’t, because the idea we have no fight isn’t true.
Thanks Chris, if that's right. I didn't see the earlier comment to put it into context.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to win at least one of these and hopefully win or draw the other
Getting to that 30 point mark cannot be underrated its a massive psychological edge
We can win both but we have to match their tenacity
Lemina and Neves will be vital i just hope both can avoid cards of any colour

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know how many Premier league goals we've scored since JL came in compared to the rest of the bottom half?
You just Google the results of bottom half teams...

I believe it's called counting.

I'll get you started. Since JL took over, Wolves have scored 10. Palace have scored 5.

Forest 10.
Everton 7.
Leicester 12.
West Ham 12.
Bournemouth 7.
Leeds 10.
Southampton 7.

All done. It seems there's a reason they're all in the bottom half with us.

We've scored more than 4 teams, the same as 2 and less than 2.

Last edited:

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You just Google the results of bottom half teams...

I believe it's called counting.

I'll get you started. Since JL took over, Wolves have scored 10. Palace have scored 5.

Forest 10.
Everton 7.
Leicester 12.
West Ham 12.
Bournemouth 7.
Leeds 10.
Southampton 7.

All done. It seems there's a reason they're all in the bottom half with us.

We've scored more than 4 teams, the same as 2 and less than 2.
Cheers, that's interesting, so on par or a bit better than the others despite us having a not fit for purpose striker (apparently).

What is this Google you speak of....did you mean giggle?

When I said no idea how to access the info, what I really meant was I'm bone idle.

Matthew Clark

Groupie
Reaction score
Let's get past Leeds first and worry about Forest afterwards. JL please pick a starting lineup that's going to be positive in the 1st half and please Wolves, stop the silly little passes out from GK to defence when being pressed because we look so panicky and petrified when we do it and usually concede a corner

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
2 x routine wins, no drama, head into ****ty international break all calm, only needing 6 more points for the rest of the season. We all wonder what we were worried about.

And then I wake up and we're bottom.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but these are six point games.
starting point is lose none. Cant let them steal a march on us thats why I would have prefreered 0-1 v Liverpool and 3-0 v Bournemouth not the other way around

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

I think only West Ham below us have matched our 1 goal per game!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United couldn’t beat Southampton at Old Trafford yesterday with 10 men.

We beat Southampton at their place and we had 10 men.

We can get at least a point.
Southampton players threw that game…..

Two free kicks in prime JWP range and he passes? Then when the muppet is sacked he scores one against Chelsea.

I don’t have a saints supporting mate who doesn’t think they threw that game to get rid of their manager.

Back
Top Bottom