Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds and Forest

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arguably season defining.

6 points: order some of Hicko’s oysters, we are home and hosed.

4 points: very much acceptable

3 points: not great but could be worse

2 points: worse

1 point: someone check in on Jos

0 points: anyone got Neil Warnocks number?

What we saying….?

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we need 6 or 4 points imo, moreso because they are the teams around us. We still have some tricky fixtures to come where we will struggle, especially as we only manage one goal per game, or nil. So these next two are crunch games for me.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the rest of our fixtures are pretty good tbh, only really United and Arsenal away that I’d consider write offs.
United couldn’t beat Southampton at Old Trafford yesterday with 10 men.

We beat Southampton at their place and we had 10 men.

We can get at least a point.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United couldn’t beat Southampton at Old Trafford yesterday with 10 men.

We beat Southampton at their place and we had 10 men.

We can get at least a point.
Yeah, possibly. I just mean those are the only two fixtures we have left where I don't really expect a point, obviously we can but those would very much be bonus points in my view. All of the other games I think we can go into realistically expecting a point or three. So hopefully we actually come out of four of them with three points!

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need four as a minimum, preferably 3 of them against Leeds otherwise the international break will be stressful.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon it will go the same way as the Southampton-Bournemouth double header, win one and lose one. We rarely have two good performances in a row, but also don't often have two bad ones under Lopetegui. So long as we keep averaging around 1.3ppg until the end we'll be fine.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the rest of our fixtures are pretty good tbh, only really United and Arsenal away that I’d consider write offs.
The problem is that we all expected to beat Bournemouth. It's going to be a nail biting rocky ride until the end of the season imo and it could go either way.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem is that we all expected to beat Bournemouth. It's going to be a nail biting rocky ride until the end of the season imo and it could go either way.
Oh yeah I know, I'm definitely not saying we will draw/win all of those games! But hopefully, we have enough "winnable" games to pick up 4 wins and a couple of draws.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 points from 2 should give is a 3-4 point gap and keep things interesting.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd actually take a loss against Leeds at home if it meant beating those jumped up ****ers at Forest and reminding MGW of the utter tosspot fake wannabe that he always will be.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looking at the fixtures next weekend, 3 points vs Leeds would be vital. All the other teams of the bottom 9 have difficult games (or difficult games postponed).

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chris Wood is at Forest isn't he
He was on the bench for them on Saturday against Spurs.

Not done much for them since his loan move from Newcastle.

Then again, he always seems to cause us problems.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both games are must not lose with one of them a must win. Beat Leeds, point at Forest.

We need 4 points and it’ll all be gravy.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Play on the front foot and don’t concede early and we have a chance in both

Totally agree. Sit back and have Lemina in defence and we will be in big trouble in both of these games. Both sides will try and attack us from the off and get in our faces. I really hope we dont see the Spurs first half performance or yesterdays display in either of these games or it wont be pretty. Up to Lopetegui to get it sorted this week and set us up far more positively for both of these games.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We better score quick , cos if it's 0 0 with 30 mins to go, he ll bring Collins on .
Must must must go at Leeds with Neto and Traore...must not loose at forest.
4 points ( if we score early )

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We better score quick , cos if it's 0 0 with 30 mins to go, he ll bring Collins on .
Must must must go at Leeds with Neto and Traore...must not loose at forest.
4 points ( if we score early )
I actually would start Hwang and Cunha... and one more chance for Raul upfront, mainly because he seems to be linking well with Cunha. Hwang and Cunha never stop running and their runs are pretty intelligent. I can see both Leeds and Forest defences struggling with that.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually would start Hwang and Cunha... and one more chance for Raul upfront, mainly because he seems to be linking well with Cunha. Hwang and Cunha never stop running and their runs are pretty intelligent. I can see both Leeds and Forest defences struggling with that.
He should use the XI vs Liverpool at home as a basis, considering how we overwhelmed them in the first half with the pressing and energy displayed by the front 3 and midfield, which was:

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman RAN
Neves Nunes Lemina
Hwang Cunha Sarabia

(Shape adjusted from 4-4-2, for how I would think we'll setup vs Leeds)

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Yep. Strangely enough, two points would be better than three from these two games :D
It's not a stupid idea if it means neither Leeds nor Forest gain on us.
Wolves P2 Pts 2
Forest P1 Pts 1
Leeds P1 Pts 1
Or
Wolves P2 Pts 3
Forest P1 Pts 3
Leeds P1 Pts 0

Not actually sure which looks better. Depends on how open the race is I guess?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
need to beat leeds get us to 30.

Forest have got newcastle next

We should pick them up at the right time

We must beat leeds, getting to that 30 point mark as early as possible will make a massive difference in this 8/9 team showdown at the bottom.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously we hope we win these games but I won‘t be surprised if we lose both those games.
I don’t know about anybody else but some of my belief and optimism in JL is diminshing.

No one fears Wolves.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we win those two, I think we’d just need another win and a draw (maybe just one more win) for safety.

However, I’m a Wolves fan, I know this is not how it works and I really think we’ll struggle in these two fixtures.

I do fear that both Forest and Leeds have more fight in them, maybe less skill, but I think they’ve got more desire in the team.

Hopefully Wolves will channel the antics from our League Cup defeat to our advantage at the City Ground.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6 points would sure as hell make the next 2 months a lot more chill that's for sure. We all know that's not the Wolves way though :oops:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. Strangely enough, two points would be better than three from these two games :D
So many teams in it that three points would be better than two because it should help us gain on the other six teams. I was actually thinking the same and I'd take two rather than three... then realised in this situation it doesn't really work. If it was just a case of keeping Forest and Leeds below us then yes, two would be ok, but with the other clubs down there to think of three is better

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You could be right! Reminds me that 3 points for a win was brought in to encourage attacking football. Yet, sure I read somewhere, that statistically there are fewer goals now than back in the 2 points for a win days.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd actually take a loss against Leeds at home if it meant beating those jumped up ****ers at Forest and reminding MGW of the utter tosspot fake wannabe that he always will be.

Yet he’s made much of his footballing passion then any of us on here ever will.

Wasn’t particularly sad to see him go, but don’t really blame him for giving the Wolves fans some back given the chants he’d been receiving.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where is this myth, now seemingly accepted as reality, come from that we have no fight?

No physical presence, no cutting edge, no end product, yes. But I don’t see us as having less fight than any other side.

Maybe I’m in the minority but I think some are confusing big athletic **** houses who can run with players who have fight.

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
Lack of goals is still a major concern, making 6 points from these games pretty much beyond our reach..

Back
Top Bottom