Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

League Cup 2nd round chat

S

Stewarton Wolf

I lost interest in your post when you added Barnsley & Rotherham. Dewsbury is as near to the other 2 as Stewarton is to Stirling and Bannockburn. I suggest you take a brief Geography lesson. Huddersfield, Wakefield, Leeds & Bradford maybe Rotherham & Barnsley no thanks. WEST Yorkshire not SOUTH.

Apologies for keeping the Thread "off Topic"
Its all Yorkshire to me;)

P

Powelly

Happy with the draw

According to my Rotherham mate we'll get around 1200 tickets.. normal league prices are £18

D

Dewsburywolf

Ignore him Donwolf he's got no idea about Geography. Left his homeland years ago and now can't tell the difference between North, South & West.

S

Stewarton Wolf

Ignore him Donwolf he's got no idea about Geography. Left his homeland years ago and now can't tell the difference between North, South & West.
I love Yorkshire - Manchester, the satanic mills of Rochdale, Its brilliant.

A

Atlas 1951

I lost interest in your post when you added Barnsley & Rotherham. Dewsbury is as near to the other 2 as Stewarton is to Stirling and Bannockburn. I suggest you take a brief Geography lesson. Huddersfield, Wakefield, Leeds & Bradford maybe Rotherham & Barnsley no thanks. WEST Yorkshire not SOUTH.

Apologies for keeping the Thread "off Topic"

Nottie, Cas and Wayeky would have been my choices for top comic effect.

donwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
put me down for 2 Mr Dewsbury, when is it by the way

C

cooper_J

Shame that Rotherham couldn't have been drawn at Molineux, they could have done with the extra revenue.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rotherham will be no push over,we've had a stuttering start are letting goals in for fun and they have already knocked out Sheff Wed.
On paper we should win possibly after a re-play.

E

Essex Wolf

An away game in a cup competition is never easy but I just can't get excited about this competition, well not yet anyway, and Rotherham away has done nothing to change my mind.

U

UNCLE REMUS

Uncle, so what will the score be?

We struggle in the main against them, remember losing in the mid 60's in an F.A Cup match.

Just be happy with a win

But I'll go for a draw then a win on penalties.

donwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
last time i saw us against Rotherham (when i say saw, i was behind a post), kennedy scored a beauty and then kicked their water bucket over

L

Langdale Wolf

An away game in a cup competition is never easy but I just can't get excited about this competition, well not yet anyway, and Rotherham away has done nothing to change my mind.

Some people are never happy.... :D

Anyway, as an aside, all my family come from Rotherham and it is one of the biggest $$$$holes I've ever been to.

I'm delighted with the draw as it means I can tell them I'm coming to 'visit' cuuningly hidden behind a true agenda of blind loyalty and masochism.

At least the Don Valley Stadium isn't it Rotherham. Last time I went there was to see Rotherham Titans v Ulster (rugby union) - the game was called off with an hour to go until kick off as the club were rumoured to be so deep in the $$$$ that they couldn't afford to put a team out.

Such happy memories from that evening stuck in a pub in suburban Sheffield listening to Rotherham fans moan. And believe me they make us look positively ecstatic in comparison. (Though I accept they have plenty to moan about at the moment).

Y

yatess

Of those left in, only Rotherham & Darlington grounds I haven't been to.:D:D:D

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FIngers crossed going to get a ticket, haven't been to Don Valley since the Eagles last played there in the super league (before that brilliant idea of a Huddersfield/Sheffield merger :rolleyes: )

Got $$$$ wet through at town a few years back when we lost on penalties so not expecting any changes here. Problem is last time around I could just walk 5 minutes back home, not going to be so easy this time!

@ Dewsbury - J34 mate, just come down towards Meadowhall retail park, then follow that road through towards the ice rink and Attercliffe -Stadium is on your left (apologies if you know where you are in Sheffield)

Last edited by a moderator:
O

OldWolvesfart

Shame that Rotherham couldn't have been drawn at Molineux, they could have done with the extra revenue.

My thoughts as well.
When Wolves were struggling in extra time against Accrington I switched to listen to the Rotherham game for a while, great stuff penalty shoot out.
Thats the problem of being a long time Wolves follower you tend to support the underdog out of habit. The 17 point deduction for Rotherham and the other two clubs still sticks in my throat.

P

Powelly

Tickets in home areas are £10 so should be same price for us.

D

Dewsburywolf

Clearly. Made a big impact on you. Jobson

Not really I was commenting on Stuart Adamson. Shows the impression he had on me that I couldn't remember the surname of the guy I considered to be better. Thanks for the Jobson bit though, been bugging me ever since I posted the comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Powelly

I think it would be a great gesture from us to give up our share of the gate reciepts for this game given Rotherham's difficulties.. given that it will only be 25k or so at most.. could make a big difference to Rotherham in therir present situation

B

Black Suit

Remember the 6-0 dicking we got in the FA Cup in the 80s? That hurt, more than the Chorley results. New ground though, another new one that few will have visited for the delights of Association Football.

Back
Top Bottom