Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lawro's at it again

Green Wolf

Reaction score
On his predictions he has assigned Wolves the joint least charitable predicted league table position (-5) down in 12th place. Predicted just 7 wins for us all season. He has Leeds a staggering 8 places above the real table.
Seems to be a reccuring theme this, doesn't it.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On his predictions he has assigned Wolves the joint least charitable predicted league table position (-5) down in 12th place. Predicted just 7 wins for us all season. He has Leeds a staggering 8 places above the real table.

we're over-achieving

no biggie

Lycaon

Reaction score
To think he actually gets paid to stick his “finger in the air” with his predictions is actually quite sad?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont get the problem? He thought Leeds would be better than us this season, so what. After the state of us last season you can see why.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Can The Wolf In The North sign in up for the prediction league, might keep me off the bottom of the table? He's just one of a long line of ex pros making easy money from lazy punditry.

D

Deleted member (smith)

mark lawrenson is the bbc s football expert. He predicts it as he sees it without bias or favour. What you state above should be taken as a compliment that wolves have outperformed the predictions of the experts. This is a tribute to our players and Bruno. Other teams may flatter to deceive.

if you simply read this message board and the match threads and commentaries you would think that wolves are grossly underperforming but that is far from the truth and the whole team at molineaux deserve utmost respect.

it is because of these performances that the big teams look to head hunt our players. With incomes three times the size of wolves they are able to make our players an offer they can’t refuse. This is very hard to prevent but we have lost players mostly to bigger teams and that unfortunately will continue. That’s why it is so difficult to break in to the top six and hard evidence of how successful Wolves leadership has been.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
mark lawrenson is the bbc s football expert. He predicts it as he sees it without bias or favour. What you state above should be taken as a compliment that wolves have outperformed the predictions of the experts. This is a tribute to our players and Bruno. Other teams may flatter to deceive.

if you simply read this message board and the match threads and commentaries you would think that wolves are grossly underperforming but that is far from the truth and the whole team at molineaux deserve utmost respect.

it is because of these performances that the big teams look to head hunt our players. With incomes three times the size of wolves they are able to make our players an offer they can’t refuse. This is very hard to prevent but we have lost players mostly to bigger teams and that unfortunately will continue. That’s why it is so difficult to break in to the top six and hard evidence of how successful Wolves leadership has been.

You got me in stitches when you said “without bias or favour”!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bloody love being the underdog. I think Leeds were 5th for a good while. Keep on Lawro!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
A22B8C94-C0B6-4D33-A541-413FB52C1893.jpeg

This is what the league table would look like based on his predictions.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why does anyone actually care?

If we ever do start to rub shoulders with the ‘big boys’ you’re going to have to get used to pundits saying stuff about us regularly that might not be exactly what you believe.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone care? Really?

What's he predicted this week... Liverpool to walk it against Norwich and Wolves to draw with Leicester. Draw?? Has he been ****ing watching the league?? Leicester are **** right now, can't buy a result, and he thinks they're coming here and leaving with a point?! **** right off with his pally Lineker bias, scouse ****er...

:grimacing:

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always remarkable how some pundits take up camp in the heads of some

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would imagine that for most pundits we are the hardest team in the Prem to understand. We bring in little known talented youngsters from abroad and appoint managers who have not managed in England before let alone the Prem. Much easier to analyse a team managed by Roy Hodgson or Big Sam with players who have been in the Prem for years or stepped up from the Championship. Long may the likes of Lawrenson not get it, it wasn't built for them!

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 26876

This is what the league table would look like based on his predictions.
So he's predicted we would be where loads on here thought we would be and said people are moaning.

Pundits are only fun when their predictions fall flat. At least he gives a prediction. If you want some real fun, listen to the ex-footballers opinions on who will win the league or be relegated. I'm convinced there is a standard script out there that they go by every year.

Phrases like "it will go to the wire" "there could only be the bounce of a ball in it" - and then by the end state that Man City will win it easy. "if (insert team) can avoid any major injuries they can win the league" "If x team can sign the players they want they will be in with a shout". Somebody is always going to be "under the radar". Goes on for ever.

Money for old rope and the listeners lap it up.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

On a slightly different point I flipped over from Porto to Leicester/ Randers and was only watching it for about 30 seconds when the commentators mentioned Teilemans goal in the cup final and apologised to Chelsea fans for upsetting them. Then went on to talk about champions league final and world club cup.

The impression they created was they were Chelsea fans lowering themselves watching little Leicester for a bit of a laugh.

I cancelled BT Sport yesterday.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone care? Really?

What's he predicted this week... Liverpool to walk it against Norwich and Wolves to draw with Leicester. Draw?? Has he been ****ing watching the league?? Leicester are **** right now, can't buy a result, and he thinks they're coming here and leaving with a point?! **** right off with his pally Lineker bias, scouse ****er...

:grimacing:
So we should be beating "the likes of Leicester"?

And there was a thread slagging Spurs fans about being entitled.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't normally like to contribute to unsubstantiated gossip but I know a few people who work at the BBC here in Bristol and have worked directly with Mr Lawrenson and what they told me in good authority really surprised and frankly disappointed me considering that I stupidly pay a license fee to the organisation that contributes towards his wages.

Apparently, and remember this is from people who know him, the individual who is on Match of the Day is actually a different Mark Lawrenson who played for Liverpool in the 1970s and 80s. The version on Match of the Day is actually a replica crafted entirely out of human excrement which is then painted flesh coloured and dressed in a suit. He's entirely poo.

His face is poo, his body is poo and many of the opinions he proffers are basically the combined trouser coughs of various, unnamed BBC employees. What I'm saying is that he's literally a massive pile of poo with an always surprisingly high voice because it's provided by Phillipa Forrester.

I wouldn't place too much stock in some of what comes out of it as it is just a Mark Lawrenson-shaped poo on stilts.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we should be beating "the likes of Leicester"?

And there was a thread slagging Spurs fans about being entitled.
If you think that my post was serious then I really have no words

Back
Top Bottom