Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Last Time You Enjoyed Watching a Wolves Game

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Since Covid brought the curtain down on the 2019/20 season just after Brighton at home there’s only one game that sticks in the mind for me Man Utd away last season.

Aside from that it was Spurs away, coming out of the ground puffing my chest out with pride at my team’s performance.

In 2 and a half years since it’s been painful. All the pleasure had evaporated and it’s now a chore to watch us play.

Man Utd was an exception Spurs away March 2020 was the last time I really enjoyed watching Wolves.

Last edited:

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You are right / we were spoiled for a couple of years and now it’s back to reality as a wolves fan. But I can’t really remember anything enjoyable in the post Covid era.:(

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same. Man Utd away.

I enjoyed 45 mins against Arsenal away also.

Before that.. probably the Olympiakos win?

I didn’t enjoy a minute of Nuno’s last season.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only brief period between Nuno's final season and now that I've enjoyed watching were Lage's first 3 games. Everything other than that has been painfully dull, even when we've won.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs away, Man Utd away last season and Watford at home. Most games though are depressing and a chore to watch. Dont enjoy watching us anymore and it makes me very sad. Had to turn off the game tonight before the final whistle. Too painful and sick of not seeing us win a game.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since Covid brought the curtain down on the 2019/20 season just after Brighton at home there’s only one game that sticks in the mind for me Man Utd away last season.

Aside from that it was Spurs away, coming out of the ground puffing my chest out with pride at my team’s performance.

In 2 and a half years since it’s been painful. All the pleasure had evaporated and it’s now a chore to watch us play.

Man Utd was an exception Spurs away March 2020 was the last time I really enjoyed watching Wolves.
I agree. Spurs away 2020

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really enjoyed Spurs away last season and since then, I think I’ve missed 2 games.

I am really struggling to find the enthusiasm to go. It’s just boring and predictable.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We played awful away but the Villa come back was awesome.
Home we should have absolutely smashed them but still a win was a win.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When was the last time I enjoyed a Wolves game?

are you kidding me?….enjoyed?……wow……forget enjoyment.

The question to ask me is when was the last time I watched a game without trepidation ? I used to be buzzed jumping out of bed at 3.30am for a game. ……now there is practically no buzz.
( average start weekend is 6 or 7 am).

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs away, Man Utd away last season and Watford at home. Most games though are depressing and a chore to watch. Dont enjoy watching us anymore and it makes me very sad. Had to turn off the game tonight before the final whistle. Too painful and sick of not seeing us win a game.
How long before the whistle did you turn it off?
For once it was great to see us chasing the winner until the final whistle. Usually we are the ones on the back foot as the minutes die down.
I thought, in those final minutes, we just very well might score.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man Utd away. Before then..... the last 10 minutes of Villa away perhaps.

Before then.... Palace at Home under Nuno?

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Same. Man Utd away.

I enjoyed 45 mins against Arsenal away also.

Before that.. probably the Olympiakos win?

I didn’t enjoy a minute of Nuno’s last season.

The Blades game on the opening day of that season was alright to be fair. All downhill from there though.

Still laugh at the thought of Tim Spiers' piece dubbing us Wolves 4.0 after it.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last game that I was present at which I really enjoyed was Wolves 3 City 2 at Christmas 2019, that's 2 and a half years.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s been more endurance than enjoyment for most of the last two years.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I quite enjoyed the first half away at Spurs last week…

But yes, we haven’t been a great watch for a while now.

TibbertonWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Possibly against the trend here but I enjoyed watching the Newcastle game, PNE before that and Fulham before that.

For me it's not just hoping for exciting, perfect football, it's the enjoyment of the pre-match walk and greasy burger with my daughter and partner (my partner was only supposed to attend one match and now she seems to think she will be going to all of them) and then the whole experience of the match before the moaning and analysis on the way back to the car.

For how long I can remain positive and chirpy remains to be seen.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to admit I always love to watch the Wolves despite the frustration.

Absolutely despise it when we don't win. I always wake up in the middle of the night after the result. If we win I love that feeling drifting back to sleep (it's been a while). It's a lovely feeling when it happens. When we lose more often than not I wake up, realise we lost and get really stressed out with an abundance of regret and if only's. That is the most horrible feeling.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa at home, last time we won in the league

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Think it’s a poorly worded question. Lots of people enjoy watching us even if the team doesn’t perform.

I guess the real question is when did we put in a complete, 90-minute performance where we dominated, played well and won?

Maybe Watford at home last year, although that has to be said was against a very poor team.

I actually think we played really well in quite a few games last season but because we didn’t dominate or batter the opposition we seem to forget. Man Utd away, Tottenham away, West Ham at home.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watford was great last season. We absolutely battered them.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Think it’s a poorly worded question. Lots of people enjoy watching us even if the team doesn’t perform.

I guess the real question is when did we put in a complete, 90-minute performance where we dominated, played well and won?

Maybe Watford at home last year, although that has to be said was against a very poor team.

I actually think we played really well in quite a few games last season but because we didn’t dominate or batter the opposition we seem to forget. Man Utd away, Tottenham away, West Ham at home.
I guess enjoyment is a personal thing. I saw us dominate the ball last night and play lots and lots of passes, but didn’t enjoy it at all.

Came out of Old Trafford earlier on in the year seeing what we were capable of, but overall the last two years have Been a hard grind mostly devoid of any excitement and hope.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The anxiety that VAR brings certainly doesn't help any enjoyment aspect.

Constantly feeling like you can't really commit to celebrating a goal in case something gets called back (I mean it only happened a few days ago)... Or whether a penalty will be given for some stupid handball etc whilst play has moved on entirely.

Particularly when you don't score a lot anyway. Those moments should be precious. Instead they're immersed with trepidation, doubt and dilution.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

West Ham at home and the Watford games were probably the only times we put in a good 90 minutes. Most of the other memorable performances were a good/excellent first half which became average after half time and other than Watford I can't remember us comfortably seeing a game out

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
It's been a long time.

Tbh it's gotten to the point where it's hard to watch us at all.

Bigcheese

Reaction score
When we beat spurs 3-1 away when they had Wembley as there home ground.
I was on my yearly jolly with the wife in Barbados and in a bar full of spurs fans with me being the only wolf there, but I was the only one jumping around at the end

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoyed bits of a few games plus the ones mentioned, but those aside it’s often felt more like a punishment.
I’ve never left a game early till last season against Brighton when the 3rd went in
Not a great way to finish my birthday week :confused:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought my expectations were too high .
Now I see I am not the only one questioning , is it worth the time and cost .

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the time, yes I get frustrated, but I love going to matches.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Post covid probably United away last season, and that was a nail-biter. Typically I missed the bloody Watford game. Watching us is a real chore and I've found myself going to fewer games because of it.

Back
Top Bottom