Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Last seasons Championship was weak?

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many posters last season were quite strong in saying that while Wolves were doing well we were playing in a weak division and that the three clubs that would be promoted would be coming straight back down again. One has to allow that many who expressed such opinions were pursuing personal agendas, I suspect in numerous cases against the club Chairman. Even so leaving this aside do they still hold that the promoted clubs are over-performing or are they prepared to admit they were wrong in their opinions? I can't see Villa avoiding the drop and I expect Newcastle will come down also. That just leaves one remaining place. Watford are most likely safe already so who is prepared to say Bournemouth or Norwich will go down? I have to say I anticipate both will survive and anticipate that Swansea will be the third team relegated.

L

luckyjim

Many posters last season were quite strong in saying that while Wolves were doing well we were playing in a weak division and that the three clubs that would be promoted would be coming straight back down again. One has to allow that many who expressed such opinions were pursuing personal agendas, I suspect in numerous cases against the club Chairman. Even so leaving this aside do they still hold that the promoted clubs are over-performing or are they prepared to admit they were wrong in their opinions? I can't see Villa avoiding the drop and I expect Newcastle will come down also. That just leaves one remaining place. Watford are most likely safe already so who is prepared to say Bournemouth or Norwich will go down? I have to say I anticipate both will survive and anticipate that Swansea will be the third team relegated.

If anything this season's Championship is even weaker. It's more a case of the top premier-league sides getting weaker and many expensive foreign players proving to be not-all-that.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
"By the way, this league's harder this year, there's a lot of money being spent at the top end of this league. I think about Derby and Hull, the players they have coming down from the Premier League, the investment Middlesbrough have made.

"It's a tougher league, it really is an unforgiving, relentless, uncompromising league but now, I think, with better players and better teams in it so for MK Dons, Preston and Bristol City it's tough, anyone who gets promoted it's always a tough old time."

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Every single season people say that The Championship is the weakest it has ever been. It's a personal bugbear of mine. It's pretty even every season, always one of the hardest and most competitive divisions. There's never an easy year in The Championship.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last year was a huge opportunity for us, although our first back in the Champ!

These opportunities don't come along too often but when they do, you have to be able to go the extra mile and unfortunately we bottled it!

I think its harder this time, and a lot of the wounds we've suffered from have been self inflicted!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were fantastic last season. 78 points in our first season back was sensational really. We have just made a lot of mistakes both on and off the pitch, and imo Morgan has screwed us over with his petulant actions as well.

It going to be hard to see where we are going as a club until we get a new owner as I can only see minimal investment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were fantastic last season. 78 points in our first season back was sensational really. We have just made a lot of mistakes both in and off the pitch, and imo Morgan has screwed us over with his petulant actions as well.

It going to be hard to see where we are going as a club until we get a new owner as I can only see minimal investment.

Completely agree with all of this, we've shot ourselves in the foot in so many ways since last May.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a poor league this year. Summed up by us playing absolutely $$$$e football for the last three games and winning the lot. Madness

D

Dewsburywolf

So you think Sunderland five points adrift of their local (ish) rivals and seven adrift of safety will survive but said rivals will fall :confused:

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at the respective managers Dewsbury and tell me which one you would have more faith in.

R

reanswolf

Last year was a huge opportunity for us, although our first back in the Champ!

These opportunities don't come along too often but when they do, you have to be able to go the extra mile and unfortunately we bottled it!

I think its harder this time, and a lot of the wounds we've suffered from have been self inflicted!

I agree entirely.

What an opportunity we had last season. As many of us were going ape about - the lack of ambition.

It wouldn't have cost a lot, perhaps £2m - easy to say when it isn't yours. But if spent well, we would have been in the play offs.

I think last seasons inaction has seriously damaged many people's faith or belief in the desire of WWFC. Including mine.

Back
Top Bottom