Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Last chance saloon....

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve listened to the recording and on the contrary there is enough to cause worry. He said it in seperate interview to Sky, the Beeb and The E&S. in the latter he wasn’t even being asked about it he just went off on one.
Following Lopetegui and the timing re links to other jobs I think there’s plenty there.
People are free to find their own thresholds for worry, I suppose. Sounds to me like a manager clearing space for his players who are actually fit. While he's nice to them, fundamentally the media are a net negative for the group and should be treated as such. The motivations are not in the same place.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
I’ve listened to the recording and on the contrary there is enough to cause worry. He said it in seperate interview to Sky, the Beeb and The E&S. in the latter he wasn’t even being asked about it he just went off on one.
Following Lopetegui and the timing re links to other jobs I think there’s plenty there.
Naw...you're just being a drama queen.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope so…
I suppose the balance to it is what he said 3 days earlier in his presser when asked about the United link, he was practically gushing about how much he loves it here and working with Hobbs. Personally think (understandably) he was just venting his frustration the other night.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sorry it's ridiculous to think O'Neil would leave us to become a coach at Man U. I might have to get out my list of all the managers who have left us for a 'bigger job'. He's ****ed off we couldn't/ wouldn't find the money for a striker, just like all the people in the stands. Like us, he'll still be here next season.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you look at their team you kind of get the frustrations of their fans.

Paqueta, Kudus and Bowen as a combination is up there with most outside of the top three. In fact, I think Paqueta could play for any side in the country, Bowen could get in any squad in the country and Kudus on his day is excellent.

You should be capable of producing a quality team with those players.

The rest of the team generally consists of experienced, international players. They have pace, power, know-how and good squad depth.
Perhaps Paqueta, Kudus and Bowen will all pull their hamstrings this week? What's the chance of losing all your forwards to hammys?

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The game this weekend against West Ham has become a crucial one if the unexpected promise of this season is to be maintained.

Win, and other results go our way, which is plausible, given the fixtures, and we go up to 7th, with a game in hand
over West Ham. And only three points below Utd, (although Utd's run-in is a gentle one).

If Hwang, Dawson and Bellegarde could be back by the following weekend, away at Forest, then again a chance to
stay in the mix.

I wouldn’t go getting your hopes up.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd play RAN up top, or behind in a creative, attacking no 10 role. If Dawson's back we've got enough cover at the back. We need flair up top and he provides it.

In my humble opinion the only change we needed to make to the line up after Neto’s injury was to put RAN in the front line and have H.Bueno at left back. When he finally did that vs Coventry we scored twice in 15 minutes.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my humble opinion the only change we needed to make to the line up after Neto’s injury was to put RAN in the front line and have H.Bueno at left back. When he finally did that vs Coventry we scored twice in 15 minutes.
Good point. We've had a reasonably solid defence all season, mfs well covered, we need options up top. I'd play RAN up top from the ko tbh. He's that rare player who can pretty much play anywhere. Bar Cunha I'd say he's our most skilful player and why not partner these 2 for the last 9 games?

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m just accepting wherever we end up now. I think it’s great that we’ve got the opportunity to look upwards and dream of Europe, but putting hopes/expectations on anything can result in a crash of emotions.

I just want GON to get some players back and the team continue to just do their best with what they’ve got. See where it leads us rather than be counting points/places/permutations now, especially when the initial ambition of 17 has comfortably been smashed.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's probably more likely they rest them next Sunday, when they play Fulham at home.
I think if it was us we would want a few rested....not saying everybody but a couple....pacqetta especially as he has had a few injuries issues this season..it's a massive game Thursday for them....biggest game in years and it very difficult opposition at the minute...

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be a tough game but if we win we will be an amazing position.
West Ham can be flakey. They also have a thursday night trip to europe.
My gut feeling says we wont win but that may be a good sign.
Lets hope we start well and put in a good performance, then maybe, just maybe we can be top 7 on Saturday night which will be amazing even if we dont stay there.

Gary O'Neils Barmy Army!, Gary O'Neils Barmy Army!, Gary O'Neils Barmy Army!

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Hopefully Kudus will not be in their starting lineup, as he seems to be their fulcrum whenever I watch them, a tremendous player.

We also desperately need Dawson back for this game, to organise our defensive shape and also do some ****housery stuff to rile them up. We are way too nice on the pitch without him in the lineup.

Blackpool Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
On paper an in form Fulham seemed as big a threat as a no doubt cautiously set up West Ham - and look what we did to Fulham.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we’ve all been saying get Rayan up front, but being the devils advocate he’s missed two sitters in two games.
Missing chances is absolutely fine, espeacilly gilt edged ones. As long as you’re getting chances things are fine, you’ll score the next one. Its when you’re not getting chances, that’s the time to worry!

loppers86

Reaction score
RaN is a premium Cancelo. City have £100m put aside for him xx

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we’ve all been saying get Rayan up front, but being the devils advocate he’s missed two sitters in two games.

Point I was trying to make the other day. He is good going forward but he isn't a clinical finisher which isn't surprising given he has plied his trade on the defensive side more than the attacking one.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any consolation I’m at the match and never seen us lose against West Ham
Me too, if we are talking home games -- never seen us lose to them at Molineux in nearly 70 years, though I have seen us lose a few times at Upton Park.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But he has got 3 goals in 4 games, which for a LWB is a return actual LW and some strikers in the league would kill for!

Look at Antony at Utd’s awful stats for example and how much he cost.

He isn’t an actual forward, so he will miss easier chances than proper attackers. The important thing is unlike others, he is getting into chances to actually miss them

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully but keen & judah are real amateur

Dazzling Dave gives the same insight and he’s actually amateur doing better job than them!?

I rate dazzling Dave! Such a lovely bloke!

I get so angry when people have a pop at him!!!!

Genuine guy, loves the club, goes with dad (who is one of lives great characters) to all the home games and has built a lovely community for fans to engage in, let alone the fact a lot of his content does help others who cannot afford sky/tnt know more about other clubs from their own fans with his previews. Let alone the support he gives manny and his other contributor who published a book a few months back with money going to charity. Great bloke and I only wish amazing things for him and his channel, plus him as a person.

But, the difference is, the e&s has to be careful as if they overstep a line and upset fosun their all ready reduced access to info and news will be cut even further and that affects their livelihoods.

Dazzling isn’t dependant on access like the lads at the e&s are……. So they are a little bit hamstrung by how far they can go and a few times, you can tell they want to! Spiers upset more than a few people at the club when fosun first came in by all accounts, so I think they might be even more cautions because of that.

Devil and the deep blue see for them sadly!!!!

Rowzed

Reaction score
Any consolation I’m at the match and never seen us lose against West Ham
I still cherish the memory of Adama in the dying minutes at the London stadium, and before that Doyle Jarvis and Zubar at Upton Park

Zola was getting dog’s abuse from some East End trader in a suit telling him to eff off back to Chelsea

They are an entitled lot and if they aren’t cruising their fans will be screaming for Moyes’s head with their jellied eels

Have faith

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still cherish the memory of Adama in the dying minutes at the London stadium, and before that Doyle Jarvis and Zubar at Upton Park

Zola was getting dog’s abuse from some East End trader in a suit telling him to eff off back to Chelsea

They are an entitled lot and if they aren’t cruising their fans will be screaming for Moyes’s head with their jellied eels

Have faith
Remember when albion wanted pretty football. Funny old game.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Told story before....had a few beers with Keen n Judah in Dublin after the Celtic match.....bumped into them in a bar.... was funny ripped em a bit....told em they was a pair of chancers....had a laugh actually....to be fair keen was a great chap....

Back
Top Bottom