Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Last chance saloon....

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The game this weekend against West Ham has become a crucial one if the unexpected promise of this season is to be maintained.

Win, and other results go our way, which is plausible, given the fixtures, and we go up to 7th, with a game in hand
over West Ham. And only three points below Utd, (although Utd's run-in is a gentle one).

If Hwang, Dawson and Bellegarde could be back by the following weekend, away at Forest, then again a chance to
stay in the mix.

Would be a miracle after the January fiasco, but maybe this group of players might just have the mental motivation
and strength to do it. A sort of collective **** you.

Last edited:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just don’t see how we score more than one goal a game in the PL with our current squad (assuming Cunha still only ready for a cameo off the bench).

We’re looking leaky at the back again too, so this doesn’t bode too well for the run-in.

As disappointing as it will feel to watch this season fizzle out after 3 months or so of great promise in the middle. We’ve got to look at the bigger picture and be very positive that we’re 20pts above the drop zone in May, there is absolutely no way I’d have believed that after the first few months of the season.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The home games against Bournemouth, Palace and Luton are all non negotiable must-wins for me, because it's likely going to be nul-points from City, Arsenal and Liverpool. I would also say West Ham and Forest are must not lose. Even then, 11 points would put us on 53, which has only been good enough for 8th place once in the past 5 seasons. I am leaning towards thinking we've given ourselves too much to do with recent results, sadly.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You just know where this debate will end up.
I'm beat up from similar "discussions" on this board, in fact I'm starting to look forward to the end of the season.

Just for the record, no great expectations from me, just a mid table finish. My current wish list does though include a long warm Summer days without a hint of precipitation.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard to see how we beat that West Ham side when you look at the XI we will have.

I would expect a routine away win when you look on paper, and it's what I do think will happen, but clinging on to some hope that they aren't always convincing away from home.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
You just know where this debate will end up.
I'm beat up from similar "discussions" on this board, in fact I'm starting to look forward to the end of the season.

Just for the record, no great expectations from me, just a mid table finish. My current wish list does though include a long warm Summer days without a hint of precipitation.
Oh how I wish it would stop raining!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite our injuries we should be targeting at least 3 out 4 wins at home at the very least...the exception (not counting Arsenal)..starting with a winnable game against West ham....they are not on great form and have a big European game on Thursday to contend with...we are on decent form in premier league at home...

Far too early to chuck the towel in yet.....

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Win things are looking promising again
Draw nothing really changes
Lose you will here from the likes of me beach towels are out lol

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really do t think we are beating West Ham at the moment sadly. I’m more worried about O’Neil and the fallout more than the points to be honest.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t see us getting anything. Our defending isn’t great and our attack is in tatters.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you look at their team you kind of get the frustrations of their fans.

Paqueta, Kudus and Bowen as a combination is up there with most outside of the top three. In fact, I think Paqueta could play for any side in the country, Bowen could get in any squad in the country and Kudus on his day is excellent.

You should be capable of producing a quality team with those players.

The rest of the team generally consists of experienced, international players. They have pace, power, know-how and good squad depth.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Paqueta, Kudus and Bowen as a combination is up there with most outside of the top three. In fact, I think Paqueta could play for any side in the country, Bowen could get in any squad in the country and Kudus on his day is excellent.

The rest of the team generally consists of experienced, international players. They have pace, power, know-how and good squad depth.
There is quite a drop off in quality outside of the first 9 picks. And Antonio is not the player he was, thankfully for us.

But they are close to full-strength for Saturday. Having said that, I would still our best Xl to best their best, which is something
to be proud of.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed. I am fed up of this weather. I much preferred the proper frosty winters we used to have
Must need big dose of that global warming they keep telling us about

Would take a draw against West Ham. They are a good outfit. We normally do well against them at home. Where is Podence when you need him lol

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve already got it. Hence the lack of frosty winters? It’s been wet not cold.
Surely if the planet is warming up, it would get hotter earlier in the year?

Over time seasons change naturally. But that is being branded as conspiracy by the media. Very odd

Let’s stay on topic. What do you think about the hammers game on Saturday?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I fear you are right WATWII. That is a potent attacking line-up and including Antonio and Soucek; Wet Sham will not fail to score against our uncertain defence. Couple that with a Cunha who will not be up to speed, our lack of striking options and our inexperienced bench and I fear Wet Sham will have too much for us.
But, where there's life, there's hope and one never knows!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t see us getting anything. Our defending isn’t great and our attack is in tatters.
He needs to set up with a better defensive unit, than the one he put out against Burnley, which was terrible...offered us next to no cover at all.....he is getting far too obsessed with changes to cover the lack of forwards while leaving the back door wide open...it was eventually our downfall against Coventry so it won't work against a decent premier league team...it's why I would go a back 5 with Semedo Dawson Santi kilman Toti if they are fit ....a solid base with our best chance of winning 1-0 or 2-1......that's all we can do at the minute...

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard to see how we beat that West Ham side when you look at the XI we will have.

I would expect a routine away win when you look on paper, and it's what I do think will happen, but clinging on to some hope that they aren't always convincing away from home.
Don’t we usually do pretty well against West Ham at home?

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite our injuries we should be targeting at least 3 out 4 wins at home at the very least...the exception (not counting Arsenal)..starting with a winnable game against West ham....they are not on great form and have a big European game on Thursday to contend with...we are on decent form in premier league at home...

Far too early to chuck the towel in yet.....
I agree with this, but also agree with @Jefe . I want us to compete to the end, but am not setting my heart on us doing it. The only way we do it imv, is if Cunha comes back bang on form. If he doesn't, we don't have enough firepower to pick up the points.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm just hoping the team get over the fifty point mark, personally. There is no way they are fleshing the squad out enough for a European campaign next season. There's just too much dead money still on the books. If Fabio, Guedes, Sasa etc were worth anything as Prem-level players then maybe, but they're not. Too much dead weight. Seems to me the squad is perhaps four players short of being remotely able to handle a European campaign.

Last edited:

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Lemina isn't CM forget winning.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with this, but also agree with @Jefe . I want us to compete to the end, but am not setting my heart on us doing it. The only way we do it imv, is if Cunha comes back bang on form. If he doesn't, we don't have enough firepower to pick up the points.
I don't think 3 wins from West ham , Luton , Bournemouth and Palace is unachievable even with our injuries.... hopefully our injuries may ease a little in the next 2-10 days....

The team despite being a bit short hasn't stopped trying ....and will believe we can carry on a bit..... haven't mentioned away from home or even the top teams we have left or l even the dreaded "E" word...

I think 10th and 50/52 points is achievable but we won't get it , if we chuck the towel in .....which some fans seem to be doing......we need to fight till the end, which I'm sure we will do....

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I fear they'll rip us to bits. Especially how dopey Killman is.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think 3 wins from West ham , Luton , Bournemouth and Palace is unachievable even with our injuries.... hopefully our injuries may ease a little in the next 2-10 days....

The team despite being a bit short hasn't stopped trying ....and will believe we can carry on a bit..... haven't mentioned away from home or even the top teams we have left or l even the dreaded "E" word...

I think 10th and 50/52 points is achievable but we won't get it , if we chuck the towel in .....which some fans seem to be doing......we need to fight till the end, which I'm sure we will do....

This group of players will not throw the towel in. Wolves may be short of numbers, but there is no shortage of desire.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think WHam will have too much fire power for us
Even with a full squad we dont score a lot,more than usual this season tbf
Im expecting a fighting 1-2 defeat anything else is a bonus
Bournemouth at home is not easy either on their current form 5 wins from last 6 i think
Hope we can scrape 50 points,i think that will be great all things considered,and probably 12th in league

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Including a thug of a RB who should have seen his marching orders - arguably twice - for trying to crock JRB.

I'm hoping for a thoroughly undeserved red for him on Saturday.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's hardly anything in the full quote. Just enough in isolation for the part of the fan base that loves a moan about Fosun to grab onto.
I’ve listened to the recording and on the contrary there is enough to cause worry. He said it in seperate interview to Sky, the Beeb and The E&S. in the latter he wasn’t even being asked about it he just went off on one.
Following Lopetegui and the timing re links to other jobs I think there’s plenty there.

Back
Top Bottom