Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lampard's Second Coming

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fat Frank, the gift that keeps on giving. Appauling manager.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Presumably he is hoping that he can have a good run to the end of the season and get the job on a permanent basis again.

Kenny Hibbitt is my hero

Reaction score
Mate of mine claims to be a bit ITK at Chelski. Reckons there will be a ridiculous bonus for Fat Frank linked to Champions League success.

Hope that is true given they are in Madrid on Wednesday.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would make sense for them to prioritise the Champions League because they certainly aren’t qualifying via the league.

No matter the manager or what competition they prioritise though, it’s going to be a bloody tough game. So many good players in that squad, I just hope we can get something.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has he actually been appointed yet? He's not going to have much time to have much input before Saturday either way, which is either a good or a bad thing depending on which way you look at it

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Champions League is a complete bust for them. They're never going to get past Real over two legs.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lampard is a prime example of a top player who is rubbish as a manager!

I can only think of Zidane who has been any good, only because Real Madrid had a team of world beaters.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you’re sitting on the fence then?
Well i guess i am unsure. I don't think Lampard is a good manager, but initially i could imagine him being quite matey and creating a bit of a feel good in the squad. It depends on how quickly players see through him, and how many players are still there from last time around

SeaWolf

Reaction score

I can only think of Zidane who has been any good, only because Real Madrid had a team of world beaters.
An ex footballer once told me that great managers were never the 'top players' because those players were instinctive, and did not have to think too deeply about the game. The 'lesser players' had to develop a more thoughtful approach to the game in order to compete.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They said that in 2012 with Roberto di Matteo…

Seeing Real thrashing Barca in the Copa del Ray last night however, anything other than a Madrid win would be astounding.
They're absolutely miles off the team of 2012 though.

That was a side that had just won the league and then finished runners-up. They sacked Anchelotti for no reason afterwards and appointed AVB who wasn't up to it as their coach, but the players were still brilliant.

Their current squad is a total mish-mash of players of questionable elite quality.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Pep?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has he actually been appointed yet? He's not going to have much time to have much input before Saturday either way, which is either a good or a bad thing depending on which way you look at it
Reported taking training today but no appointment yet
Seems a bit strange but thats whats out there

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Conte? Kompany? Guardiola? Arteta? Clough? To name a few ….

Reactions: Ian

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will get a tune out of these players for sure - it’s impossible not to unless you go in and try changing everything at once like Potter did. All he has to do is play the best players in their best positions and make them run around a lot.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens at the end of the season with him.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When they said Frank would be coming in as temporary caretaker, I thought he'd be doing a few odd jobs, weeding, putting the paper towels in the dispensers, cleaning out the guttering that sort of thing, you know give him something to get up for and out the house.

Surely that's what they're doing, not letting him loose on the football team again?

Last edited:

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Chelsea had 5 points less than they currently do, I'd say they would be more likely than anyone bar Southampton of going down. Frank's that bad.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seems such a scatter gun approach by the Chelsea owners. I thought someone from the backroom team had been appointed for the remainder of the season, then 72 hours later it's Lampard till the end of the season.
I'm hoping they won't get a temporary new manager bounce on Saturday.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well, I just hope Frank the Lamp isn't shining too brightly on Saturday evening. A thumping victory for Wolves as his team look to RM next week is just what is needed. What are Chelsea's reserves like?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely they'll have to rest a fair few first team players v us for their midweek loss to Madrid?

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will get a tune out of these players for sure - it’s impossible not to unless you go in and try changing everything at once like Potter did. All he has to do is play the best players in their best positions and make them run around a lot.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens at the end of the season with him.
He hasn't got a clue what the best positions for these players are and I doubt he ever will. He was useless at every job he ever took. Talk about jobs for the boys. Luckiest bloke alive to be able to con his way into these jobs... he should go to the lower leagues and learn the trade. Being a good player doesn't make you a good manager. I have far more respect for Rooney than this clown. Shame he didn't stay at Everton as they'd be down now.

Back
Top Bottom