Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lambert

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The only thing we can blame Shi for is being naive enough to put Thelwell in charge.

I disagree on that.

I like Jeff from interviews etc. but he seems out of his depth and naive in more than just one area.

1. After plan A fell through with Lopetegui, he sacked a decent manager (who arguably over-achieved with a v limited squad last year after being hamstrung for 18 months by Morgan and Moxey) and brought in a bizarre replacement, whose record should have been a canary in the coal-mine in itself.

2. He then sanctioned spending c15m bringing in quantity rather than quality and youthful promise rather than the needed guile, leadership and experience. Not only did he take advice from completely the wrong people, he ran rough-shod over Wolves' existing recruitment policy and we've ended up with an almost unmanageably large squad which is going to be tricky for anyone to manage. Worse still, it's led to apparent divisions in the squad, and it's that sort of thing that will get you relegated as it did four years ago.

3. He then failed to replace Moxey with a CEO instead splitting the duties across Thelwell and Dalrymple. While I'm not a Moxey fan, we've been left rudderless and Shi needs an experienced full-time CEO on the ground who is 100% accountable to him for all things Wolves.

I hope Shi learns and learns quick but the solution is not to keep firing managers when we're not winning as the problems are far deeper than that and a fair bit of FOSUN's own making after sacking Jackett and going on a ridiculous spending splurge in the summer.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deadpan Lambert! Dour, miserable, a man with no personality, no outward enthusiasm, no spark which reflected in the team he picked today. He's already set his stall out - grind out results and leave the flair to someone else. We have no defence so I think you have to gamble and try to outscore the opposition. We have the attacking players to have a go but he has already made it clear he is one for sticking with KJ's failures which reflects where we are in the table.

Not one mention of the new foreign players. Only Dicko who Lambert appears to be pinning his hopes on

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This. Absolutely cringeworthy the comments about the manager already. The players are a laughing stock but frankly some of our fans are too.
Not really. If you weren't convinced about the appointment of PL, which I wasn't, then his cautious start reinforces your view of the man. We won't see flair with him in charge.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saville on the wing unforgiveable. Coady instead of Saiss also unforgiveable. Cavaleiro and Costa need to play together for a full 90 minutes and be given a proper run. As with Tex who has been badly and unintelligently treated their confidence must be very low right now. I hope Prince will be back soon because him and Saiss can steady the ship in midfield. But I honestly believe Lambert will stick with Coady, Edwards and Saville. If he does so, by Christmas his position will already look very dodgy indeed and Fosun and Mr Shi will be at their wit's end..

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He hasn't been in my eyes.

Nor have the majority of that mob we have representing us. But none of them have cost us the same.

In my view, if you spend £7m on a player in the Championship that player has to hit the ground running and perform.

And how does he do that from the bench? 4 starts all season hardly assists his settling in does it?

Meanwhile Wallace and Saville have of course done enough to get a chance ahead of him?

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had a somewhat open mind on Lambert when he was appointed saying that he might be the Messiah but could also be the a failure and I was prepared to give him time before making my mind up. His team selections for his first two matches in charge and in particular today's home game make me think, even though it is early days, that he may well have been a poor appointment. Apart from Costa and Bodvarson he is playing Jackett's team from last year who just about scraped through. Unless there are major improvements in January, which I doubt given the difficulty of the January window, I fear for us.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lambert and Jackett, the two managers that know the players and the league, both know and did the same thing, you want to know why?

Our squad isn't good enough. It's unbalanced and lacks quality.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saville on the wing unforgiveable. Coady instead of Saiss also unforgiveable. Cavaleiro and Costa need to play together for a full 90 minutes and be given a proper run. As with Tex who has been badly and unintelligently treated their confidence must be very low right now. I hope Prince will be back soon because him and Saiss can steady the ship in midfield. But I honestly believe Lambert will stick with Coady, Edwards and Saville. If he does so, by Christmas his position will already look very dodgy indeed and Fosun and Mr Shi will be at their wit's end..
Amen.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is getting slaughtered on social media. Rightly so in my opinion. Team selection was shocking today and contributed to what happened. No honeymoon period for him. A lot of anger around tonight and can anyone blame us for it? Over a year of this **** now and we thought we had got rid of the anti football with boring Ken going. Lambert needs to sort this and fast. Start by actually playing some bloody flair Lambert! Please!

D

Deleted member 3751

He hasn't been in my eyes.

Nor have the majority of that mob we have representing us. But none of them have cost us the same.

In my view, if you spend £7m on a player in the Championship that player has to hit the ground running and perform.

You can never guarantee a player will hit the ground running at any new club, even less so with someone new to the league. Some will never adapt but they should be given the chance to and when they're as talented as Cavaleiro clearly is then they should be given EVERY opportunity to settle.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God forbid we ever find a manager to take us back to where we belong. Who was the last? McGarry or Barnwell? No one else in my lifetime has ever come close!

K

KingOfMilwaukee

To me it seems so simple... just play the lineup that beat Newcastle every game for the rest of the season and see what happens. I mean.... we beat Newcastle! This is not pythagorus or calculus. We spent the money, I think the new players were improvements... play em.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meanwhile Wallace and Saville have of course done enough to get a chance ahead of him

Methinks Lambert has already ditched Wallace and, given his HT substitution, has also seen - as most of us have seen - more than enough of Saville.

(Hopefully not wishful thinking :( )

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

the guy is a fraud.

I can't believe how bad he is.

Zenga>Lambert everyday of the week.

With the side he's playing we're just waiting for him to be sacked.

I'll expand later but the guy is a joke. Anyone supporting him has ZERO justification from what they've seen as him as wolves manager.

Only cloud is I placed a big bet for me after I saw the team and it was the easiest money I've won.

Lambert Out or Lambert change - that's not an overreaction.

We're going down.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last thing we need is another manager who is petrified of losing.The last 12 months under Beige Ken were beyond draining.

But it looks like we may have one and I am hugely concerned.

Totally sick of watching such negative,turgid **** and that's why Lambert will get no slack if he goes down that road.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And how does he do that from the bench? 4 starts all season hardly assists his settling in does it?

Meanwhile Wallace and Saville have of course done enough to get a chance ahead of him?

They've probably started a similar amount of games.

They are worse players than him for sure. But whenever he's played he's looked bang average, in my opinion. Nowhere near a £7m player yet.

The whole squad is ****, seriously ****. I'm very worried we're going down if I'm honest.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lambert: “There are a lot of new players here who don't know the league and what it entails"

I was actually quite positive about Lambert. A British manager who knows the league, yet has also been abroad and learned a thing or two.
Yet he keeps coming out with comments like this that seems so narrowminded.

Also, there are so many tactical questions to ask:
1) Why play a high line, with most attacking players unable to comfortable control the ball. It was tactical suicide as we kept losing the ball in dangerous areas?
2) Why persist with the "hoof ball" even when Bodvarsson was taken off? It seemed very odd to throw Cavaleiro on, then make him chase long balls rather than utilizing his strenght on the wing, then let Bodvarsson stay on to maybe get on one of his crosses. Edwards who contributed absolutely nothing shouldve been off.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That starting 11 at home??? Oh dear oh dear, god help us!!

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So when does immunity from lineup criticism end? What arbitrary point do you deem appropriate for supporters to begin to question decisions? They were awful decisions.
Ten games, officially.

After twenty games the rest finally show up with their burning torches.

I can already see that Lambert is every bit as delusional and untrustworthy as Villa fans said he was.

However, I'll give him eight more matches before criticising his line-up and eighteen more matches before turning up on his lawn with an army of witch burners.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Exactly!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree on that.

I like Jeff from interviews etc. but he seems out of his depth and naive in more than just one area.

1. After plan A fell through with Lopetegui, he sacked a decent manager (who arguably over-achieved with a v limited squad last year after being hamstrung for 18 months by Morgan and Moxey) and brought in a bizarre replacement, whose record should have been a canary in the coal-mine in itself.

2. He then sanctioned spending c15m bringing in quantity rather than quality and youthful promise rather than the needed guile, leadership and experience. Not only did he take advice from completely the wrong people, he ran rough-shod over Wolves' existing recruitment policy and we've ended up with an almost unmanageably large squad which is going to be tricky for anyone to manage. Worse still, it's led to apparent divisions in the squad, and it's that sort of thing that will get you relegated as it did four years ago.

3. He then failed to replace Moxey with a CEO instead splitting the duties across Thelwell and Dalrymple. While I'm not a Moxey fan, we've been left rudderless and Shi needs an experienced full-time CEO on the ground who is 100% accountable to him for all things Wolves.

I hope Shi learns and learns quick but the solution is not to keep firing managers when we're not winning as the problems are far deeper than that and a fair bit of FOSUN's own making after sacking Jackett and going on a ridiculous spending splurge in the summer.
Far more sensible than the Jeff bashing on the other thread. In retrospect the Zenga experiment and so many new players seems a bad idea. Keeping Kenny and half as many players with perhaps three or four known names may have been better. Think we can fault the result, but not the ambition and intentions. The key really is how Jeff moves on from this. If we take less advice from agents, have a more jaundiced view on Thelwells dealings, and buy the quality players in January then all is not lost. Mr Shi strikes me as no one's fool. Naive about football maybe, but no mug.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This worries me more than anything.

I'm not a fan, but he does need time. All managers need 12 months minimum in my eyes, thats why i got annoyed we didnt give SS longer. 6 months, 3 months, 1 month, its just not long enough to build anything, especially if there is a lot that needs changing. Sadly, this is modern football. The pressure is on from day one.

Mind you, he doesn't help himself either by saying stuff about taking risks, getting on the front foot and its up to the team to get the crowd going, then him picking an extremely negative side at home.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Far more sensible than the Jeff bashing on the other thread. In retrospect the Zenga experiment and so many new players seems a bad idea. Keeping Kenny and half as many players with perhaps three or four known names may have been better. Think we can fault the result, but not the ambition and intentions. The key really is how Jeff moves on from this. If we take less advice from agents, have a more jaundiced view on Thelwells dealings, and buy the quality players in January then all is not lost. Mr Shi strikes me as no one's fool. Naive about football maybe, but no mug.

I would be looking at either Cortese, or put somebody in charge purely of the football side like Houllier. Its a role he would be used to, and there wouldnt be the same demands on him as there would be as manager.

Above all else, there needs to be more accountability across all staff. We have tolerated failure and mediocrity for 3 decades. Not good enough.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After reading his words after the match, it's clear that Lambert is playing our rubbish Brits because he believes that so many of our foreign players don't know the division.

They're either good enough or they are not FFS. The Championship isn't this sort of unique entity, it's a bloody league like any other. Starting to worry that Lambert is a footballing dinosaur, maybe even more so than Jackett.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God forbid we ever find a manager to take us back to where we belong. Who was the last? McGarry or Barnwell? No one else in my lifetime has ever come close!

Yep, bang on. We dont want to be top flight relegation scrappers, we want to be a top 8 team.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can somebody explain to me why Jack Price took a freekick on the edge of their box in the 2nd half when he's scored 1 goal in his career that was a deflection? Obviously he ballooned it over the bar and into the South Bank.

Can't Costa take a FK?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After reading his words after the match, it's clear that Lambert is playing our rubbish Brits because he believes that so many of our foreign players don't know the division.

They're either good enough or they are not FFS. The Championship isn't this sort of unique entity, it's a bloody league like any other. Starting to worry that Lambert is a footballing dinosaur, maybe even more so than Jackett.

So according to lambert Cav is good enough to play champions league last season but not the championship.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So according to lambert Cav is good enough to play champions league last season but not the championship.
Seemingly so. Bloody hell, many of the 11 that started today might ''know the division" but that doesn't make a difference when they're ****.

D

Deleted member 3518

Seemingly so. Bloody hell, many of the 11 that started today might ''know the division" but that doesn't make a difference when they're ****.

You're clearly a total ****ing muppet, as am I, in not appreciating the brilliance of the utter **** he chose today.:mad:

D

Deleted member 3518

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Exactly my thoughts. I find his comments very worrying to be honest. He will keep playing these donkeys from today by the looks of it. He will have fans calling for his head soon if he does.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom