Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lambert

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And we thought he was the best available? What's his deal? These lineups have been shocking to say the least.

Shame on you Jeff Shi. Firing Jackett with no one in mind to replace him, which has led to this mess. Naive as he is, that was a repeat of Steve Morgan sacking Mick.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's too early to judge Lambert just yet.

The sooner we accept we've signed a load of dross the better.

January is a big window for us now, need to sign infinitely better players than the likes of Cavaleiro when it opens.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
He's got a few games before frustration turns to anger, and I'm being kind. I'm fuming at his team selections but will give him the benefit. Today one of mates decided to know the Forest game on the head if he plays that team on Thursday I probably will as well.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jackett to Zenga to Lambert ...months lost, millions spent same **** poor results. Actually tbh if Kenny had had some backing at the start of the season and had input into who we bought, we would imo be far better off.

New multi billionaire owners, a whole new team...and still ****. Wolves ay we....:mad::eek::rolleyes:

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
thelwell's appointment, the only good thing is, if lambert fails thelwell will be gone to and get rid of rob edwards

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember the Facebook sketch someone posted on here, a press conference after Villa had lost 9-0 to Citeh! I know it was fictional but I'm worried now, he really talks **** at after match interviews

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
You can't blame Lambert for the **** he is stuck with!!......this is just repeating the whole thing again and again. :mad:

D

Deleted member 3751

January is a big window for us now, need to sign infinitely better players than the likes of Cavaleiro when it opens.

We need to sign players infinitely better than the **** that started today. These are the players causing the problems, not Cavaleiro, not Teixeira, but the Savilles, the Coadys, the utterly useless **** that will never be anywhere near being a premier league footballer.

January is a big window for us, and we need a clear out of the 'experienced championship players'.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deadpan Lambert! Dour, miserable, a man with no personality, no outward enthusiasm, no spark which reflected in the team he picked today. He's already set his stall out - grind out results and leave the flair to someone else. We have no defence so I think you have to gamble and try to outscore the opposition. We have the attacking players to have a go but he has already made it clear he is one for sticking with KJ's failures which reflects where we are in the table.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to sign players infinitely better than the **** that started today. These are the players causing the problems, not Cavaleiro, not Teixeira, but the Savilles, the Coadys, the utterly useless **** that will never be anywhere near being a premier league footballer.

January is a big window for us, and we need a clear out of the 'experienced championship players'.

Need 10 players. ALL as ****e as each other.

I'm giving Ikeme a pass, I'm generous like that.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time for him to start asking his team to play the high intensity on the front foot football he's spoke about and picking an XI that's capable of doing that.

The first game, given Preston's form, our form and it being away was a free hit and you can make allowances for him being overly cautious.

First game at home, against a mid table side, with a big crowd after bleating on about the high intensity attacking style you want to play being overly cautious is not acceptable.

306NOTOUT

I agree with Sedgley

He has done interview this week about going on the front foot and getting at the opposition, getting the fans on side etc etc

Last week I can forgive him, go to Preston and get a point thats not bad in the position we are in, but to start today with George ****ing Saville on the wing is ****ing awful.

It was a full house and a chance to get the fans behind them but at 2pm when I saw that I laughed

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
He left out better than what he started that's absolutely his fault.

He could have done but he went for the 'solid' option believing a continuation from our last game could help us initially. That the solid option turned soft to have us out of the game before the half hour was up is not his fault......same old **** did us.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He could have done but he went for the 'solid' option believing a continuation from our last game could help us initially. That the solid option turned soft to have us out of the game before the half hour was up is not his fault......same old **** did us.

It was a cowardly negative selection especially for a home game.

T

The Wolf of Willenhall

Projection. Has anyone in this thread actually advocated for firing PL?
No one. Neither have I. But starting threads criticising a manager that's inherited ****e and been at the club 21 days is, to be diplomatic, premature.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one. Neither have I. But starting threads criticising a manager that's inherited ****e and been at the club 21 days is, to be diplomatic, premature.

So when does immunity from lineup criticism end? What arbitrary point do you deem appropriate for supporters to begin to question decisions? They were awful decisions.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The Cavaleiro that was good enough for Monaco? Yeah, clearly not good enough.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember the Facebook sketch someone posted on here, a press conference after Villa had lost 9-0 to Citeh! I know it was fictional but I'm worried now, he really talks **** at after match interviews

Yes I saw that post. Hilarious. And there was a reason for that post..

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And we thought he was the best available? What's his deal? These lineups have been shocking to say the least.

Shame on you Jeff Shi. Firing Jackett with no one in mind to replace him, which has led to this mess. Naive as he is, that was a repeat of Steve Morgan sacking Mick.

The most mystifying thing is I presume KJ was sacked as he was too attached to old ways of playing. His tactics and mindset were defensive per se and not suited to a 'new, exciting era'. And now we have PL who is of the same mould as KJ and we are now where we all thought we would be before FOSUN stepped in to 'rescue' the club!

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Putting Saville on the wing is unforgivable, Lambert has been staying in the press that having a squad of 48 is too many yet out those 48 players he thought GS was the best option?

Having said that Saville isn't even close to being the root of the problem. Defensively we've been atrocious for years.

I've never seen a team allow the opposition to walk through them at will like Wolves do. Not one of them ****ers in a gold shirt (or luminous green) even seems to think about defending until the ball is at the very least on our 18 yard line.

Look at all the successful teams, they defend from the front, they work twice as hard without the ball than they do with it. Our boys (and that's what they look like) just wander about looking for a team mate to do the work for them. Well guess what boys you're all as bad as each other, not one of you has enough about you to work for it or for each other.

We keep hearing about individual mistakes costing us but that excuse just papers of the cracks of what a truly woeful excuse of a team we are and have been for some time.

Be honest how many of you can remember the last time one of our players put in a tackle that put us on the front foot? The last time on of our players actually did something positive and won the ball high up the pitch? I honestly can't, everything seems to be a last gasp challenge/block to prevent the opposition from scoring after they've wafted through our entire team.

Calamity defenders, powder puff midfielders and attacking players without an ounce of desire to score a ****ing goal. It's not a good combination is it?

They just ****ing need to take responsibility for themselves and their performances. Show some ****ing desire, show some ****ing pride. Every single one of them are a ****ing embarrassment and have been for months.

If Lambert thought it was ****e at Villa and Blackburn then he'll soon be wishing he didn't take the job at this holiday home for former footballers.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Lamberts going to need two maybe three transfer windows to sort out this mess of a 'side'.

If we'd have replaced the dross with Bamford, Prichard, Ritchie a center half and Gayle rather than another bunch of from Thelwells dossier we might have had a better chance this season.

D

Deleted member 4008

I expect Lambert to explain his plans in January . If he needs 1/2 players then he may as well **** off . 6/7 players but players from this ****ing league Fosun !!!!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lamberts going to need two maybe three transfer windows to sort out this mess of a 'side'.

If we'd have replaced the dross with Bamford, Prichard, Ritchie a center half and Gayle rather than another bunch of from Thelwells dossier we might have had a better chance this season.

I wouldn't trust him with it tbh

K

KingOfMilwaukee

When you have....

Two different owners
Three different managers

And you don't get any better.... maybe it's the players.

Right now Pep could not make us better. There is no savior for us out there because it's not about the manager. Not when things are this bad despite all the changes.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Putting Saville on the wing is unforgivable, Lambert has been staying in the press that having a squad of 48 is too many yet out those 48 players he thought GS was the best option?

Having said that Saville isn't even close to being the root of the problem. Defensively we've been atrocious for years.

I've never seen a team allow the opposition to walk through them at will like Wolves do. Not one of them ****ers in a gold shirt (or luminous green) even seems to think about defending until the ball is at the very least on our 18 yard line.

Look at all the successful teams, they defend from the front, they work twice as hard without the ball than they do with it. Our boys (and that's what they look like) just wander about looking for a team mate to do the work for them. Well guess what boys you're all as bad as each other, not one of you has enough about you to work for it or for each other.

We keep hearing about individual mistakes costing us but that excuse just papers of the cracks of what a truly woeful excuse of a team we are and have been for some time.

Be honest how many of you can remember the last time one of our players put in a tackle that put us on the front foot? The last time on of our players actually did something positive and won the ball high up the pitch? I honestly can't, everything seems to be a last gasp challenge/block to prevent the opposition from scoring after they've wafted through our entire team.

Calamity defenders, powder puff midfielders and attacking players without an ounce of desire to score a ****ing goal. It's not a good combination is it?

They just ****ing need to take responsibility for themselves and their performances. Show some ****ing desire, show some ****ing pride. Every single one of them are a ****ing embarrassment and have been for months.

If Lambert thought it was ****e at Villa and Blackburn then he'll soon be wishing he didn't take the job at this holiday home for former footballers.

Nail on the head!

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Cavaleiro that was good enough for Monaco? Yeah, clearly not good enough.

He hasn't been in my eyes.

Nor have the majority of that mob we have representing us. But none of them have cost us the same.

In my view, if you spend £7m on a player in the Championship that player has to hit the ground running and perform.

Back
Top Bottom