Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lambert to recreate Westfalenstadion at Molineux

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying to get on the fans good side, then goes on to call it the south stand instead of South Bank. Good effort ;)

Optimistic Hove Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Trying to get on the fans good side, then goes on to call it the south stand instead of South Bank. Good effort ;)
That's what I picked up too. Never ever heard it called the "South Stand" before - either poor journalism or Lambert needs a history lesson.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are Dortmund getting relegated too?
Empty rhetoric. He'd better focus on getting the most out of the remaining season. The South Bank knows what to do!
Dear Mr Lambert, you've had your day in the headlines, now get us results.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about giving some credit to Lambert for realising what potential we have with our south stand, sorry I mean south bank, and wanting to encourage what he obviously sees as our best concentrated and loudest support. He's the first manager to really notice this and he needs commending for his foresight, not criticism for maybe just a wrong word.

It was probably lazy journalist syndrome or a slip of the tongue, who cares. It is the stand that is on the south side of the stadium and he sees it as an important part of our fan base, that's what matters here.

We will always know it as the South Bank and so will Lambert.

Gornal

Reaction score
Manager in deflecting attention away from the results shocker!

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A blind man can see it. Seriously? PL is the first manager to notice this? Joking surely. Every manager knows this, even Kenny knew ffs.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dortmund play exciting attacking football, challenge for titles and cups and charge less for it, it should be no problem to turn the south stand into an orange wall :)

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A blind man can see it. Seriously? PL is the first manager to notice this? Joking surely. Every manager knows this, even Kenny knew ffs.

Maybe Kenny did notice it, but Lambert is the first one to go out and publicly suggest really making something special of this potential.

Look how he gets the whole team to acknowledge and to show appreciation to the fans at the end of a game. The fan/team bond is now much,much closer than ever. He clearly sees the importance of this bond, and I applaud him for his stance on this.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look how he gets the whole team to acknowledge and to show appreciation to the fans at the end of a game. The fan/team bond is now much,much closer than ever. He clearly sees the importance of this bond, and I applaud him for stance on this.
Zenga did it too. Come on, at least let's not be too selective in our memories. I'm glad that Lambert continued with it. But if that's how you want to see it, it's up to you. Just at least not bend the facts too much.
Otherwise, it's a great thing to bond with the fans. Now get the results we need.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit that whenever I have seen Dortmund on tv the atmoshpere really does look fantastic.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we please start winning games in the league Mr Lambert starting on Friday?!

Gornal

Reaction score
Still want the academy shutting down Gornal?

As you will have noticed i haven't mentioned the academy since the takeover. I'm waiting for the first set of post takeover accounts to be published. My only beef with the academy was that under Morgan we couldn't afford it. If Fosun are financing the club with loans then i would still argue that we can't afford it, so shut it down. If however Fosun are pumping money into the equity of the club and we can now afford the academy then we should keep it

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zenga did it too. Come on, at least let's not be too selective in our memories. I'm glad that Lambert continued with it. But if that's how you want to see it, it's up to you. Just at least not bend the facts too much.
Otherwise, it's a great thing to bond with the fans. Now get the results we need.

Yeah ok, fair enough, I accept your point about Zenga, and I loved Zenga for his passion.

But I still say that Lambert is the first manager to actively go out into the media to say how much importance he attaches to this and how much he wants to nurture this un tapped potential. He's said that he wants us to try to encourage many more flags and scarves at the ground. That's why recently we've put more of our flags on the pitch, instead of along the touch line.
At last a manager at Wolves has seen Wolves fans for what they really and truly are, hugely critical and demanding when things are not going well, but by Heaven they are a force to have on your side when we see that the team is putting in the same effort.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we have a 20k standing south bank/ stand/ sudtribune (or about 12k, what it should've been when we redeveloped it), and where you can drink your German beer in the stand instead of necking it at 4.05pm?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about giving some credit to Lambert for realising what potential we have with our south stand, sorry I mean south bank, and wanting to encourage what he obviously sees as our best concentrated and loudest support. He's the first manager to really notice this and he needs commending for his foresight, not criticism for maybe just a wrong word.

It was probably lazy journalist syndrome or a slip of the tongue, who cares. It is the stand that is on the south side of the stadium and he sees it as an important part of our fan base, that's what matters here.

We will always know it as the South Bank and so will Lambert.
Likely to be lazy journalism as he called it the South Bank in the E&S piece.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He better find some wins first before worrying about fans bonding with the team. Of course if the club actually had a good season the fans would lift the lid at Molineux. But there are still so many holes in the team and the lack of any midfield creativity or striking power is deeply worrying.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we have a 20k standing south bank/ stand/ sudtribune (or about 12k, what it should've been when we redeveloped it), and where you can drink your German beer in the stand instead of necking it at 4.05pm?
And £10 tickets, and 50% fan ownership and influence, and no daft health and safety crap about flags and flares, and those German dudes who walk around the stands filling your cup with draught beer.
Oh hang on, remember the last German crowd tragedy? Nope, nor me; if only we owned our club .... and not some Chinese investment people I don't like because of their terrible human rights record and greed (is that acceptable mods?)

Last edited:

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good article I like Lamberts attitude towards the fans. And the Southbank can be so much more. Positive encouragement from our manager will only help this.
Seconded, you can't win on here whatever is said negativity always surfaces. "its easy being cruel, it takes guts to be gentle and kind" Morrissey 1988

M

Monkey Man

Getting a little tired of Lamberts German love affair.

Hardly helped us so far has it?

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And £10 tickets, and 50% fan ownership and influence, and no daft health and safety crap about flags and flares, and those German dudes who walk around the stands filling your cup with draught beer.
Oh hang on, remember the last German crowd tragedy? Nope, nor me; if only we owned our club ....
Charming, lets hope they are not reading this

Last edited by a moderator:

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh hang on, remember the last German crowd tragedy? Nope, nor me; if only we owned our club ....

Are UK investment companies also "scum"?

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Very disrespectful in my view. Where do you think we would be now without Fosun ?

Would love to hear your reasons for calling them this.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hedge funds and the like I don't think they're great. Much rather us be fan owned but I think that time has gone maybe in 1994 if everyone else went 51% fan owned then you wouldn't be at a massive disadvantage.

Funny reading about our potential relegation to L1, we all love FOSUN but that they would 100% walk away leaving us in the ****.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He could have said The Money Shop Stand to placate the sponsors.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very disrespectful in my view. Where do you think we would be now without Fosun ?

Would love to hear your reasons for calling them this.
I find it sad that anyone feels the need to be respectful to an investment firm based (and no doubt profiting from being) in pseudo-fascist China, a country with awful human rights, no popular vote etc. As to where I think we'd be, who knows? If a firm based in North Korea bought us would you be cool with that and expect me to be deferential?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure, what do you think? If you're asking me whether I think money for no effort is an issue then yes I do. If you're asking whether I have an issue with the Chinese, then it's a qualified yes. The people are people, no better no worse, but Communist China is vile.

W

Wolfgang Wolf

I started going to Dortmund In the 70s. In those days my BvB friends loved coming to Wolves as they thought the atmosphere was so much better here.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's wierd in this country you get 50-80000 in a ground and it's a rubbish atmosphere. Got a lot to do with standing and ticket prices, too many lawyers and hedge fund managers at the football these days ;)

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's wierd in this country you get 50-80000 in a ground and it's a rubbish atmosphere. Got a lot to do with standing and ticket prices, too many lawyers and hedge fund managers at the football these days ;)
If only there was loads of money swilling around and they could afford to bring down the prices.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure, what do you think? If you're asking me whether I think money for no effort is an issue then yes I do. If you're asking whether I have an issue with the Chinese, then it's a qualified yes. The people are people, no better no worse, but Communist China is vile.

When and where did you go as I'm always interested in foreign climes specially places where not many of us get to?

R

reanswolf

Oh hang on, remember the last German crowd tragedy? Nope, nor me; if only we owned our club and not some Chinese investment scum.

Put your money up front then if you think you have any answers .

Such attitudes astound me. WTF do you want and who the **** do you thinks gonna be interested in pouring money into a struggling championship club in the midlands.

Go and follow WBA .

Show a lot more respect to our owners FFS.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put your money up front then if you think you have any answers .

Such attitudes astound me. WTF do you want and who the **** do you thinks gonna be interested in pouring money into a struggling championship club in the midlands.

Go and follow WBA .

Show a lot more respect to our owners FFS.
No. I won't. See my previous response re: respect. And I find your suggestion I follow the Tesco's insulting.
Is it wrong to question where the money comes from? You might not care about the Chinese nomenclature but I do. That's your business I suppose but for me ethics trump personal/club gain.

Back
Top Bottom