Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lambert - BBC Report

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to find myself driving home from home games listening (in disbelief) to a completely different description of the turgid crap i had just witnessed, Lambert was trying to pull the the wool over fans eyes, I have watched Wolves since the 70's and I know very well when i have watched tripe, trying to big it up was the biggest mistake he made, just be honest!
Performances at home were in most part dreadful, truly dreadful!
Id have pulled the trigger after that disgrace against Small Heath, tactically clueless when he had to take the game to teams.
He got fired for results and performances nothing more nothing less!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he had coached the team better and looked like we were improving he would have been able to make signings this summer.

As it is, the football was dire and stayed up thanks to 2 mendes players.

Would you trust someone to find players and build the team around who had such a shocking season ?

So your proposal seems to be that we put a moratorium on signing new players as the current crop are good enough, just in need of better coaching!!!! Talk sense man!

It's common case that last summers imports were mostly dross. That's agreed. So he has had to carry the can for whoever was responsible for that lot!!

It also appears to be the case that nobody on here seems to know who was really responsible for that waste of money !

What I DO know is, it wasn't Paul Lambert

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So your proposal seems to be that we put a moratorium on signing new players as the current crop are good enough, just in need of better coaching!!!! Talk sense man!

It's common case that last summers imports were mostly dross. That's agreed. So he has had to carry the can for whoever was responsible for that lot!!

It also appears to be the case that nobody on here seems to know who was really responsible for that waste of money !

Talk sense?

You are completely ignoring the fact Costa and cav kept us up who were signings resulting from mendes.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talk sense?

You are completely ignoring the fact Costa and cav kept us up who were signings resulting from mendes.

Absolutely not! But for Costa in particular we would have sunk without trace! Which is a damning indictment of the rest!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely not! But for Costa in particular we would have sunk without trace! Which is a damning indictment of the rest!

Or a damming indictment of the dire coaching. I'm not saying the team was good enough to go up but it was too good to go down and too often he got it wrong.

Then when we had stayed up he played Edwards in completely needless matches where we have majority of possession along with general hoof ball encouragement.

Didn't get to sign players no and that's unlucky but he had a chance to impress and he blew it .

Not unfair when he is paid that amount to do it.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The current crop would be better with better coaching, but i doubt they would still be good enough for promotion.

At least under our old system, If we signed a Mouyokolo or a Maierhofer we knows who to blame for that :p

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The current crop would be better with better coaching, but i doubt they would still be good enough for promotion.

At least under our old system, If we signed a Mouyokolo or a Maierhofer we knows who to blame for that :p

:D

Or who to praise when a good signing is made!

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or a damming indictment of the dire coaching. I'm not saying the team was good enough to go up but it was too good to go down and too often he got it wrong.

Then when we had stayed up he played Edwards in completely needless matches where we have majority of possession along with general hoof ball encouragement.

Didn't get to sign players no and that's unlucky but he had a chance to impress and he blew it .

Not unfair when he is paid that amount to do it.

Too good to go down, where have I heard that before?

In seriousness, our squad on paper is arguably better than Huddersfield and Reading but they played as a team and showed some fight. For a number of our players they played like strangers, unable to pass to each other. That is both bad coaching and lack of quality from the players.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too good to go down, where have I heard that before?

In seriousness, our squad on paper is arguably better than Huddersfield and Reading but they played as a team and showed some fight. For a number of our players they played like strangers, unable to pass to each other. That is both bad coaching and lack of quality from the players.

More down to bad coaching. It's clear here was an emphasis to play it long and down the channel at any opportunity . Every time we git the ball it would go back to keeper and no defender would show for the ball.

Opposite to zenga who did focus on winning midfield on the floor. Villa away was a joy to watch.

Unfortunately neither manager had it right though .

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More down to bad coaching. It's clear here was an emphasis to play it long and down the channel at any opportunity . Every time we git the ball it would go back to keeper and no defender would show for the ball.

Opposite to zenga who did focus on winning midfield on the floor. Villa away was a joy to watch.

Unfortunately neither manager had it right though .
It needs to be somewhere on the middle of those two descriptions imo. Be able to keep hold of the ball and play through to teams but in an instant switch to a more direct style to suit the opponents personnel and set up. I have no issue with any style to a degree as long as it's successful. Don't get me wrong I'm not campaigning we turn into a Pulis Stoke side but if we had the success that style gave them I wouldn't pass it up!

E

Essex Wolf

And Jackett took Wolves to 7th place with a squad that contained many of the players Lambert had but Lambert also had the benefit of even better additions.

Back
Top Bottom