Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lage OUT

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was hoping to have seen an announcement by now. He cannot be allowed to continue, the games after Chelsea are far too important to our season. Fingers crossed for some news today.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
I was hoping he’d be gone by now.

Looking back at the game yesterday, WTF was he even wearing? It looked like an Adidas trakky top?
i said that about his press conference on friday,there seemed to be nothing Wolves or Castore related,very strange

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The four games we lost this season (Leeds, Spurs, City, West Ham), we all started without a striker.
Hwang played quite well as the main striker against Leeds.
So no. Not having anymore we haven't got strikers crap when he hasn't been willing to play the ones we have got as a striker.
The one game we won we had 45 minutes with a striker. We were still mostly ****.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll be out by end of the day tomorrow, probably much earlier. There's not a chance in hell he's keeping his job.

I don't think I ever remember fans so united except for under saunders. It's not hate tho, it's boredom and despair.

People are right though, some of this is on the board. They've made numerous poor footballing decisions for 3 years now, and there was a clear falling out that led to the mess of nuno's last season. Changes needed at the top likely by bringing in a new footballing addition.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Once the players are told the news will leak like a sieve.

True that.

But you have to imagine that there could be a delay in them finding an Avacado. Then Bruno is bound to want to eat it with a straw.

Then he gets sacked. But en route to tell the players he will put petrol in the diesel in true Bruno style.

The players probably won’t know for another hour.

I’m just being very very hopeful

Reaction score
Few can argue we are playing quite good looking football...upto the oppo penalty box and the failure to score...but hard with no striker.

Liked the look of Costa and Adama playing 90 v Chelsea...and maybe Raul as a front two? then see how good or bad we are

Nunes did his ankle, so understand the change. Campbell had shots at goal.

I would say 2 weeks before World Cup break is decision time....but who bring in?

And what changes would fans want to see them make.

No doubting injuries get managers the sack.
Oh I could definitely argue it, 2 weeks before the WC break - you jest I hope he needs to be gone by the end of the week.

Reaction score
He'll be out by end of the day tomorrow, probably much earlier. There's not a chance in hell he's keeping his job.

I don't think I ever remember fans so united except for under saunders. It's not hate tho, it's boredom and despair.

People are right though, some of this is on the board. They've made numerous poor footballing decisions for 3 years now, and there was a clear falling out that led to the mess of nuno's last season. Changes needed at the top likely by bringing in a new footballing addition.
It’s literally is hate for me, I’ve NEVER rated him and unfortunately I’ve been proved right.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The four games we lost this season (Leeds, Spurs, City, West Ham), we all started without a striker.

I heard his rubbish too. Excuses. Never his fault.

Another of his gems. Players walked off the pitch without clapping fans is disrespectful and he will speak to them. Yet no comment about him walking off the pitch without clapping the fans. How can any of those players feel inspired or respectful when he criticises them without admitting personal responsibility? No wonder most of them look like they’re going through the motions. They’re more likely to be inspired by Costa or Adama on the pitch than this fraud off it.

I had my concerns when he signed about how his time at Benfica ended. It’s been happening at Wolves since our poor run of form started, largely due to injuries, and he seemed incapable of finding a way of turning it around. Now it’s clear why he can’t motivate a team who’s heads are down. He’s not a leader, and he needs to go without any more delay.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha thought the same. I think it was a classic bomber jacket from the Next catalogue. Not Adidas as it was only 2 stripes.

I know it seems petty to criticise what the bloke was wearing, but it’s not just this, it’s his whole manner, his demeanour and his total lack of a likeable personality. All this in addition to the more important lack of any football managing abilities or of any tangible football plan.

Compare him to Nuno, where most of the football world seem to absolutely love him and simply referred to him by his first name.

Has he gone yet?

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
While I'm now a fully paid up member of the 'Bruno must go' camp, there are far more problems at Wolves than just the manager.
We have a CEO who knows nothing about football, and that's becoming more apparent by the day.
Recruitment? Instead of gradually strengthening/evolving the team we ****-up 5 or 6 windows in a row and then in the last one go out spending like a drunken sailor who hasn't been ashore for five years.
And what the bloody hell is going on in the medical/fitness department? Is it coincidence that it seems to have gone rapidly downhill since Phil Hayward left?

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To turn this team round you need to know the root of the problem. It should be obvious that there is an atmoshere of non caring. We have seen heads drop, little pressing, fear of taking chances, backward passes. It began under Nuno and I think it reflects on an attitude at the top.
There was an obvious split and even Coady is performing in a far superior way than in the last few seasons with us. I believe our success early on with Nuno disguised the lack of real ability from those at the top.
The solution - has to come from Guo. If he wants success on the scale first thought then hje has to get rid of Sellars and indeed Shi. They have not optimised the resources they have had over the years. To get rid of Lage and be left with the problem we have will at best give a short term boost.
I share that view too.

- Our recent player recruitment has not been good value for money.
- The balance of our squad is off.
- Key decisions being made above Lage have been plain wrong.

In addition, too many of our players are just not as good as they think they are. You could see the difference between Costa and the rest yesterday. He kept the ball ... made the right choices (time and time again). The rest continually make the wrong call ... especially in the final third.

A new manager faces a real challenge.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I share that view too.

In addition, too many of our players are just not as good as they think they are. You could see the difference between Costa and the rest yesterday. He kept the ball ... made the right choices (time and time again). The rest continually make the wrong call ... especially in the final third.

What you point to in your last para is precisely a failure of coaching. A decent coach would spot this and could turn things round quite quickly. The players we have have plenty of skill, but they are simply not using it properly

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Few can argue we are playing quite good looking football...upto the oppo penalty box and the failure to score...but hard with no striker.

Liked the look of Costa and Adama playing 90 v Chelsea...and maybe Raul as a front two? then see how good or bad we are

Nunes did his ankle, so understand the change. Campbell had shots at goal.

I would say 2 weeks before World Cup break is decision time....but who bring in?

And what changes would fans want to see them make.

No doubting injuries get managers the sack.
Sorry but it is ugly football. Watching players choose the safe pass time and time again, letting defences get back into shape. Glenn hoddle all over again.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way he keeps his job now I expect an announcement 2day or 2mz
Im hoping the rumours about avb being at the southampton game are true,

and hes off by monday, told to come in and leave, and we get a manager shortlist and interviews sorted by thursday at latest

Its imperative we have a manager for the run of games to come

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I share that view too.

Our players make poor decisions. The guy who most recently joined the group does not make poor decisions. Hmmmm. Sounds like the managers fault to me.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

and hes off by monday, told to come in and leave, and we get a manager shortlist and interviews sorted by thursday at latest

Where did you see the AVB rumours mate?

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What you point to in your last para is precisely a failure of coaching. A decent coach would spot this and could turn things round quite quickly. The players we have have plenty of skill, but they are simply not using it properly
I hope to god you’re right.

But it’s not coaching that has seen us start a new season in the toughest league in the world bereft of centre halves and centre forwards.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

AVB has been doing a couple of interviews the last couple of weeks about his time in England.

One interview stood out where he name dropped Moutihno on 2 or 3 occasions when revealing all the times he tried to sign him for Chelsea & Spurs snd then mentioning his move to Wolves.

Could be nothing or he might know he’s waiting in the wings to take over

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
AVB has been doing a couple of interviews the last couple of weeks about his time in England.

One interview stood out where he name dropped Moutihno on 2 or 3 occasions when revealing all the times he tried to sign him for Chelsea & Spurs snd then mentioning his move to Wolves.

Could be nothing or he might know he’s waiting in the wings to take over
Ooh eck, so if AVB does come in, Mouts will still be starting every week.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A manager that has lost all the fans cannot go on.
It is as simple as that.
I cannot recollect a single moment in footballing history where a manager succeds from a point where he has lost the confidence of what seems practically all the fans.
It is an impossible situation and the ink on the wall has allready dried.

I just hope and pray that Shi et all by mistake get´s the appointment of our next manager right.
If not,we will get relegated this season.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember being a bit underwhelmed by the appointment of him in the first place, but looked at his record and thought that his appointment was all about bringing the youth through, like he did in his stint with Benfica and Felix etc. However I never really took to him from his interviews and he has been absolutely terrible for bringing youth through, barely giving any of them a chance.

I don’t think he’s a bad bloke, and I don’t think personal insults are necessary. I am sure he has given this job absolutely everything he has, but sometimes you just have to accept that you’re not quite up to the job. Maybe he needs to drop down a level or two and build up some experience. But his time at Wolves has to end now.

Back
Top Bottom