Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Klopp

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
I know its going to happen but any Wolves fans selling their tickets to koppites should be arrested and jailed on a charge of public outrage.
Funny you should mention that. Already had a neighbour asking if I knew any Wolves who would be likely to get a ticket.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mourinho's out of work. No doubt he'll be mentioned.

Can anyone imagine him as a Liverpool manager?

Me neither.
I went through the usual list of probable replacements, got to Mourinho, dismissed him immediately. Klopp has cultivated a swashbuckling style that is alien to the likes of Mourinho.

Liverpool fans won't accept anything less than what they've become accustomed to on the pitch.

They wont want to go the way of Newcastle after Keegan left, or the way of Man United after Fergie left - boring, disjointed, no identity.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently told the club in November
That will have given them over six months to plan for the summer. We'll see how competent Liverpool are apart from Klopp, much like we saw (and still see) with Man United without Fergie.

It could be that Klopp covered a multitude of incompetence.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went through the usual list of probable replacements, got to Mourinho, dismissed him immediately. Klopp has cultivated a swashbuckling style that is alien to the likes of Mourinho.

Liverpool fans won't accept anything less than what they've become accustomed to on the pitch.

They wont want to go the way of Newcastle after Keegan left, or the way of Man United after Fergie left - boring, disjointed, no identity.
Has any club managed to continue to do well after a 'legend' manager left? You quote Fergie and Keegan and from memory not many do. Spurs, Billy Nic, Forest, Clough, Ipswich, Robson, Leeds, Revie, Leicester, Ranierri, Everton, Kendall and to a lesser extent Arsenal and Wenger. Many actually end up being relegated. My memory fails but how did we do after Cullis went?

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never used to care as I'm not really interested in other teams and their managers but having read some of the measured and articulate responses on here, attempted to be less close-minded and given it some proper thought I've come to the conclusion that I still don't really care.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
He'll mange the German national team soon. Less day to day that he's tired of

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be amazing for Wolves fans to do the same as Sheff Utd fans did to Cloughie.

Also for Wolves to have the same result!

There are times to wind-up fans (Sunday) and times to respect the feelings of fans and recognise an outgoing manager leaving at top of game.

Recognise a lot of Wolves fans will say nah….talking bs….just saying if there had been United fans in ground goading when Nuno left. So let’s be respectful to Klopp but let’s stuff them and ensure they don’t win league.

…..Blades fans sang to Clough and he gave them thumbs up….plus they won 2-0.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I expect Xabi Alonso as he’s doing a good job at Leverkusen and an ex-Red.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loooks like SSN have decided to dedicate their programming to the story.
For at least today, if their viewers aren't Liverpool fans then they're stuffed.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loooks like SSN have decided to dedicate their programming to the story.
For at least today, if their viewers aren't Liverpool fans then they're stuffed.

Just noticed that SSN has a 5 hour long special on currently called Reaction to Klopp leaving, to be followed by a further 2 hour special on Klopp… ffs he’s not died! In fact he’s still their ****ing manager for the rest of the season. I pay for this crap…

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just noticed that SSN has a 5 hour long special on currently called Reaction to Klopp leaving, to be followed by a further 2 hour special on Klopp… ffs he’s not died! In fact he’s still their ****ing manager for the rest of the season. I pay for this crap…
Exactly the reason why I stopped paying for it years ago

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That will probably be on Sky Sports every day from now until the end of the season!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That will have given them over six months to plan for the summer. We'll see how competent Liverpool are apart from Klopp, much like we saw (and still see) with Man United without Fergie.

It could be that Klopp covered a multitude of incompetence.
Re your last sentence……

perhaps some incompetence but a multitude?……doubt it. Liverpool have been too good for so long that the quality of the players and not just Klopp disproves that, imo.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never used to care as I'm not really interested in other teams and their managers but having read some of the measured and articulate responses on here, attempted to be less close-minded and given it some proper thought I've come to the conclusion that I still don't really care.
Oh, l don't know, another (as well as ManUre) of the Sky 6 struggling with succession issues might make things interesting next season....

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable manager who played the sort of football - heavy metal as he put it - you couldn't help but love. If you look at Liverpool's transfer net spend they are something like mid-table, they shouldn't be challenging anyway near as much as they did.

Liverpool will not be able to replace him, the most 'like for like' replacement would probably be Postecoglou but would he want to leave them for a team that has a lower playing budget than Spurs?

epic

Groupie
Reaction score
Farewell to the most cringeworthy chant ever then .................... embarrassing does not even come close !!!

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite his fake white teeth and grinding German accent it has to be admitted he has been a great manager for Liverpool. It will be tough to find someone else in his league. However they have a lot of young players coming through and a very solid base of talent having played the transfer market well- including a bargain deal for a certain Diogo Jota and persuading us to spend up to £13m? on Hoever. A tough act to follow and they may have a year or two of re-adjustment after he has gone.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable manager who played the sort of football - heavy metal as he put it - you couldn't help but love. If you look at Liverpool's transfer net spend they are something like mid-table, they shouldn't be challenging anyway near as much as they did.

Liverpool will not be able to replace him, the most 'like for like' replacement would probably be Postecoglou but would he want to leave them for a team that has a lower playing budget than Spurs?
But would it be easier and more stable to be at Liverpool rather than work with Levy?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think De Zerbi at BHA will come in. He plays the same way as Klopp with inferior players but if he goes to Anfield I expect he may take some players with him.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Advertise the job.
Create a shortlist.
Interview candidates.
Appoint the best man for the job as the new manager.

You need to call yourself a Recruitment Consultant for such outstanding advice and instruction as you have just done. Plenty of firms and Governments of the world would pay a fortune for it !!!!!

clifs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Has any club managed to continue to do well after a 'legend' manager left? You quote Fergie and Keegan and from memory not many do. Spurs, Billy Nic, Forest, Clough, Ipswich, Robson, Leeds, Revie, Leicester, Ranierri, Everton, Kendall and to a lesser extent Arsenal and Wenger. Many actually end up being relegated. My memory fails but how did we do after Cullis went?
Not very well.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You need to call yourself a Recruitment Consultant for such outstanding advice and instruction as you have just done. Plenty of firms and Governments of the world would pay a fortune for it !!!!!
Good thinking. Could be a whole new career out there for me. I’ll dust me old CV down.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I´m 56..and I am not a young rabbit anymore either.
To pretend otherwise would be pathetic.
I´ve acchieved FIRE years ago..I´m still clinging to my job...I dunno...I wrestle with this luxury problem on a month to month basis..but it is not easy to let go..even at 56 years of age.

I respect Jurgen 101 percent and nuff respect to him.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I see why Liverpool fans rate him, was suprised to see how little (relatively speaking) he had actually won.

Take out the behind closed doors title, he’s basically Rafa Benitez with false teeth.

In fairness though, as with Nuno for us, sometimes managers transcend football, it’s about more than just on the pitch.

Not in the same league as a Ferguson or a Guardiola though for me. Big miss for the premier league though.

Back
Top Bottom