Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kites to West Ham?

M

Mugwump

Wouldnt blame any of our players for leaving if they want to play in the premiership.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He owes us 1 season, if we do not go up then leave on a free.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He owes us 1 season, if we do not go up then leave on a free.

Im pretty sure there will be an agreement like Lescott.

Sign a new deal & if we don't go up you can move on but atleast we recoup some money.

M

Mugwump

I dont think he will sign one personally. With all the injuries he has had he might be better looking after himself by getting a good deal with another club.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think he will sign one personally. With all the injuries he has had he might be better looking after himself by getting a good deal with another club.

Can't see Kites do that at all. Just look at the passion he has for this club, I'm pretty sure he even said last season hurt him just as much as us, he loves the club that much.

F

FLEET WOLF

Is he good enough? Doubtful. Hardly proved himself. Owes us.

I think a fit Kightly is good enough to be a reasonable PL player-he showed that, in part, towards the end of last season. There is no loyalty in football and players will want to play in the PL-if he was say 21, it might be different, but he is at an age now where he should be at his peak as a player, so will want to play at the best level he can.

W

we8wba

he deserves us a season minimum with loyalty we shown him

give him new 2year extension then if he has blistering season he can go next summer

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I won't be bitter if fletch or Jarvis leaves, but I think I'll have a bitter taste in my mouth if Kightly jumps ship after all the Patience we have shown him.

Though I do think he will stay for at least another season.

B

Bankswolf II

He doesn't strike me as the type to jump and leave and I hope this is the case as I have always liked him and raved him over Jarvis and would be annoyed to see him go off to a relegation battling squad with injury problems

More of a risk for west ham as well doubt they would be too keen to go down the dyer route

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are 2 players I would hate to see leave us - Fletcher and Kightly. For me, Kightly is our best player when injury free and can't wait to see him rip through Championship defences again. I' d be gutted if we lost him more than any other player.

M

Mr Wolf

Whats all this if he has a good season then he can go? If he has a good season then we go up simple as that.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Can we swap him for Keira? She can swash my buckle.

M

Mugwump

Just because he has been injured it doesnt mean he owes us. When we offered him a contract i'm sure it didnt include a " you owe us if you get injured " clause. We didnt stick by him because we are nice guys, we were contractually obligated to do so.

W

we8wba

I won't be bitter if fletch or Jarvis leaves, but I think I'll have a bitter taste in my mouth if Kightly jumps ship after all the Patience we have shown him.

Though I do think he will stay for at least another season.

exactly the same if either of the above two want to move and do move (in the right behaviour) i wont begrudge them a move

if anyone else wants to move then they are clearly deluded and id sack them off first chance if they dont want to remain loyal

D

Deleted member 3545

Kites owes Wolves nothing he has to look after number 1 its his livelihood. Also as he is in his last year of his contract he will want to know whats Wolves have to offer and any other club thats interested.

IMHO im not suprised that some prem clubs are looking at Kightly how he finished the season.

Welcome to the Championship lads !!!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he owes us a season in the championship and by all accounts he stated to some fans that he wanted to stay next season at the awards dinner.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wait with baited breath for the day when supporters say `I`m getting a better offer down the road`, I wonder who will scream the loyalty has gone out of the game.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has said in the press he wants to stay, and will willingly sign a new contract if offered one - which I'm sure he will be.

C

crasm98

We have stood by him for years through his injuries and when he has come back before he has been shocking and we still stood by him.

He was getting back to himself the end of this season and I think he would rip the championship apart just like he did last time.

He owes us bad, and I think he will stay. Show a bit of loyalty!

H

haden-wolf

I think he will stay - if offered another contract, which you have to assume he will be

F

FLEET WOLF

Just because he has been injured it doesnt mean he owes us. When we offered him a contract i'm sure it didnt include a " you owe us if you get injured " clause. We didnt stick by him because we are nice guys, we were contractually obligated to do so.

Spot on

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
So Big Sam comes in and offers a ridiculous amount, lets say £6m, for a very good yet injury prone player who is a fans favourite but can walk away next season for nowt. What would you do?

Add on top of that Stale being given the fee to go and buy from his dossier of foriegn talent, and/or reduces the chances of having to sell Jarvis/Fletcher.

I love Kights for his ability and passion, and would dearly love him to be performing at top of his game in a Wolves shirt for the next 4 years, but never say never

P

petecarvell

Based upon his future potential, £6m would be a bargain for kites. I'd be gutted to see him go. I suspect he's capable of being our player of the season this campaign.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope Kites stays and I think he will. He'll murder the Championship next year if he stays fit.

D

Deleted member 3545

Based upon his future potential, £6m would be a bargain for kites. I'd be gutted to see him go. I suspect he's capable of being our player of the season this campaign.

it would be more like £2m-£3m due to him only having a year left on his contract

R

robwolf

So Big Sam comes in and offers a ridiculous amount, lets say £6m, for a very good yet injury prone player who is a fans favourite but can walk away next season for nowt. What would you do?

Add on top of that Stale being given the fee to go and buy from his dossier of foriegn talent, and/or reduces the chances of having to sell Jarvis/Fletcher.

I love Kights for his ability and passion, and would dearly love him to be performing at top of his game in a Wolves shirt for the next 4 years, but never say never

If we were offered 6m for someone with his injury record i think i'd sell. However in reality cant see anyone even bidding half that, in which case we should keep hold and try and get him to sign a new contract with a gentlemans agreement like lescotts

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be sad to see him go as he was part of the new era and seems to be really passionate when he plays. Love him to stay for at least one more season and prove his fitness.

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many games will he need to play to prove his fitness?

He started 27 games and came on as sub 6 times during 2011/12 season, thats better than alot of our other players!

I agree we need to air on the side of caution but a year extension and an option for a futher 12 months (thus giving 3 years) for example surely would make sense?

J

johnybig32

Kites was most effective for us when we had mivement from our strikers (keogh) into the wide positions and then he exploited the space on the inside.

This was evident this season when he cut inside.

This is what will need to happen this year. If we keep Doyle, Kites will have a fantastic season.

Like others have said. He owes us a season at least IMO.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't see any sides (certainly not Prem sides) presently going for MK with his injury record. He needs a full injury-free season to make him marketable imo.

Back
Top Bottom