Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kilman keep or sell?

Would you keep or sell Max Kilman?

• Sell

Votes: 150 41.2%
  • Keep

Votes: 214 58.8%

• Total voters

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Methinks the main reason we didn't sell him for 30m in the Summer is because Jeff feared the phrase "fire sale" becoming mainstreamed as a result of one senior exit too many. I bet he'd love Napoli to come back in with a similar bid this close season...

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An absolute non entity of a footballer. Sell.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haaland is just a beast, but Max should have been more aggressive on him and a lot closer to him.

I’m just glad that game is over!

Have to say to the Mixers who say we should sell, Max will have to be replaced with most of the money we get for him.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Max with Dawson alongside him.. and I’ve been a big fan of him since he worked his way into the team.

I don’t think he was helped by a very poor set up today.. especially in the second half.. but, he can look a bit of a soft touch of late. Would like to see him get a little tighter and more physical.. can’t give Haaland half a yard like that.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Set up Bournemouth's winner, lost Gibbs-White for 1-1 at Forest...
Nobody’s ever lost their man on a corner before

I’ve seen Joao Gomes do it, is he awful

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell him . Not good enough ......that's the reality of it .

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time to cash in if we can and reinvest. He has done really well here and to get where he has but we need more defenders with pace.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A one-off here and there is one thing, but he's looked generally mediocre since Dawson's injury, and I think you know that well enough. You're rationalising.
I absolutely agree, he hasn’t been great. Some players perform better next to certain teammates, it happens. My annoyance is the blatant scapegoating of him. So many verdicts mention him tonight, was he any worse than Cunha? Or Toti?

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I absolutely agree, he hasn’t been great. Some players perform better next to certain teammates, it happens. My annoyance is the blatant scapegoating of him. So many verdicts mention him tonight, was he any worse than Cunha? Or Toti?
Toti is still young, and Cunha hasn't been here long (and is generally excellent). Whether he likes it or not (aside from Semedo), Max is the most senior man at the back, but isn't really acting like it. He's 26 now, he is at / near the prime years of his career.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I thought Toti was better but not great either. Cunha was poor but we all know what a fantastic player he is. I am not sure the future of our central defence includes Max unfortunately.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti is still young, and Cunha hasn't been here long (and is generally excellent). Whether he likes it or not (aside from Semedo), Max is the most senior man at the back, but isn't really acting like it. He's 26 now, he is at / near the prime years of his career.
Kilman is 15 months older than Toti. He doesn’t have the personality to be the main man, hes no John Terry that’s for sure. But is he awful? Clearly not. I’d argue he’s much better on the right of a back 3 too but he’s been playing in the centre whilst Dawson is out. Maybe that’s a catalyst?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our weak link at the moment as others have said. Mistake ridden, far too slow. Not a leader or captain. Sorry Max it’s time to move on.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman is 15 months older than Toti. He doesn’t have the personality to be the main man, hes no John Terry that’s for sure. But is he awful? Clearly not. I’d argue he’s much better on the right of a back 3 too but he’s been playing in the centre whilst Dawson is out. Maybe that’s a catalyst?
I think he’s a decent very centre back in a back 3.. especially considering how little we paid for him. He was maybe even better a couple of years back alongside Coady. I did see him going on to play for England at that point.

I think the captains armband and big money fee offered in the Summer for him hasn’t done him any favours with the fans.. it feels like he’s getting the kind of attention of someone we paid big money for. Expectations seem high.. even when he plays very well, like against Arsenal, he gets little plaudits. Everyone can’t wait to talk once he has a bad game though.

I think it might be best for him to leave this Summer if we get a decent offer.

Jericho

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't live in the UK anymore, so when I do get to go to games, I'll often buy a chunk of Matchday programmes from the club shop, just for keepsakes.

I have one from last season where there was a feature with Kilman, and he said something about being a quiet leader - I'll have to find it and post it - and that never resonated with me. He always seemed like he needs coaching through games, first by Coady and now Dawson. Hasn't developed enough for me, should have taken the 30m for him last summer.

Jericho

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't live in the UK anymore, so when I do get to go to games, I'll often buy a chunk of Matchday programmes from the club shop, just for keepsakes.

I have one from last season where there was a feature with Kilman, and he said something about being a quiet leader - I'll have to find it and post it - and that never resonated with me. He always seemed like he needs coaching through games, first by Coady and now Dawson. Hasn't developed enough for me, should have taken the 30m for him last summer.

Here it is, for anyone that cares, from Wolves vs Southampton, 3rd September 2022.

It didn't fill me with confidence when I read it then, and it still doesn't a season later.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-04-21-06-23-92_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-04-21-06-23-92_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    944.8 KB · Views: 40

Andi130

Reaction score
Struggle to see why we didn't make Max do what Daws did in the home game with Haaland. Poor tactics from GON, or more the fact Kilman couldn't man mark him? Either way, I felt Kilmans positioning, generally, in the last 10 games has been questionable. He's the only consistent player who also can't work in a 4. He's been a great servant to the club, but I'm cashing in after this term

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sell I doubt we replace him with anyone better Think there are higher priorities that need addressing
That said if the right offer comes in and we have a decent replacement lined up then it probably makes sense to sell

Snarlingwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
His biggest weakness, IMO, is that he can’t tackle or block a shot with his right foot/leg.
See Haaland’s goal straight after Hwang’s goal for latest proof.
The shot is going to go past his right side when facing Haaland and he tries to stop it with his left foot!!!!!????
Terrible defending!
Yet he is one of many of our players who can only “operate” with one foot.
Why don’t coaches spot these obvious weaknesses and do something about them?
Elite footballers? My @&$€!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today was a prime example of why he isnt good enough. Good players stand up to be counted and lead. Kilman didnt. He's useless without an older head next to him, he's got no aggression and doesnt attack the ball. If we can get anywhere near 30 million for him i'd snap your hand off.

He's played over 200 first teams game now, almost 27 years old, he shouldnt need a babysitter to play well.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many of today's goals were Max's fault? I do find it hilarious there always has to be a scapegoat in the team. Isolated one-on-one with Haaland for 90 minutes and it's his own fault apparently, not the manager who set us up like this in what was effectively a back four. Even Real Madrid sat back at the Etihad and respected them.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
you watched 25 mins you said?
Any reaction after facing them is faced with a big pinch of salt
Iv seen the goals and he’s not been good enough in recent weeks. Our captain is on the beach mentality. Happened under JL & Lage and now again no coincidence same culprits

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he's just not that good. simple as.
His 3/4 year cycle has come to an end time for him to have a new challenge. Must be sold at peak value.

No disrespect to Max he’s an average bottom half PL player. Plodding on. If he wants to improve he won’t do it keep making the same mistakes at Wolves. Time for everyone to start over

Back
Top Bottom