Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kilman keep or sell?

Would you keep or sell Max Kilman?

• Sell

Votes: 95 31.3%
  • Keep

Votes: 209 68.8%

• Total voters

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't have the same issues with Max as some, he's fine for a mid table table team. However if someone offers 40m, I think we should take it, I'm expecting Mosquera to return next season which would save us spending any on a CB for a while. I wonder what true value Pedro retained given his injuries, personally I still think a big team would have a punt for 45-50m. That would leave us fine for another season and allow some reinforcements.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd sell him. He's good but he's not the first name on the team sheet despite being captain.

He shouldn't be captain either. I know not every captain has to be a shooter, but it's get zero leadership vibes from him...

In Lemina we've a born leader and organiser. The transfer fee will and in signing a replacement and strengthen the squad.

Of our players who may command a decent fee, he's probably the one that would hurt least.

I also recognise that in order to be self sufficient, we need to trade well in the transfer market. I'm not one who thinks Fosun should be willing and Happy to lose £35m a year, year after year after year.

It's not a healthy or sustainable model.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mosquera is probably a back 3 RCB in the prem but not necessarily a Max replacement. His 2nd position is probably RB, not a proper CB in a 2 or in the middle of a 3. He’s not terribly large, smaller than Toti. If Dawson is on the downside and Max goes we’d be severely lacking in physicality, Santi got abused by Cov.

That said, if we cashed in on Max and got the right CB to play between Toti and Yerson, even if that Santi after hitting the weights, I’d be interested in seeing that.

Last edited:

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can keep Gomes, Cunha, RAN, and maybe Neto by letting Max go then it's a no brainer.

We're going to have to sell someone for big bucks to pay for anything and defenders are so much easier to replace.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Mosquera is probably a RCB in the prem but not necessarily a Max replacement. His 2nd position is probably RB, not a proper CB in a 2 or in the middle of a 3. He’s not terribly large, smaller than Toti. If Dawson is on the downside and Max goes we’d be severely lacking in physicality, Santi got abused by Cov.

That said, if we cashed in on Max and got the right CB to play between Toti and Yerson, even if that Santi after hitting the weights, I’d be interested in seeing that.
This is the worry isn't it.

That Jeff thinks we can take the 40 million (or whatever it is) and bring Yerson in and we're sorted.

That probably won't end well.

Max is an established premier league centre half and he's got to be replaced properly.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman has turned into a fine defender for us, especially when you consider the outlay and where he came from.

But if we can get £50m+ for him and it means keeping Cunha, Neto, RAN, and Gomes then I think he’d be the one of our star players I’d rather let go.

Not desperate to sell him, but if the price was right I’d sooner see him go (as I believe we could get an adequate replacement for half that) and keep the names listed above.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Kilman was going to leave I wouldn't mind us looking at Ahmedhodzic from Sheffield United when they are inevitably relegated, he's looked good in a poor side whenever I've saw him.

The main players I don't want to lose are Ait Nouri and Gomes, would love Neto for another year but realistically given his injury record it would be unwise for us to turn down a decent fee although he may be rotated more at a bigger club which could help his injury record.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman has turned into a fine defender for us, especially when you consider the outlay and where he came from.

But if we can get £50m+ for him and it means keeping Cunha, Neto, RAN, and Gomes then I think he’d be the one of our star players I’d rather let go.

Not desperate to sell him, but if the price was right I’d sooner see him go (as I believe we could get an adequate replacement for half that) and keep the names listed above.

This may sound crazy but I would rather lose one of the 4 you mentioned than Kilman. I think you have to factor in the captaincy thing, losing a guy who is growing as our leader will have more of an effect on the dressing room than you may think and to be honest I genuinely think he's right up there in terms of consistency and ability right now. RAN feels like the obvious sacrifice, having an excellent season but if we're honest pretty erratic and the evidence of his wolves career to date isn't amazing pre this season, so getting a big fee for him and probably an injury prone neto to allow us to hold onto Gomes would be my preference

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dawson needs to be back in at Forest, and Kilman should be the one to make way. Bullied by another CF in Antonio today, he's way off it currently.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the worry isn't it.

That Jeff thinks we can take the 40 million (or whatever it is) and bring Yerson in and we're sorted.

That probably won't end well.

Max is an established premier league centre half and he's got to be replaced properly.
I don’t think Aimless Balls is Jeff…

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As soon as some physicality came on, he fell apart.

I just hope some clown still thinks he is worth big money.

6ft 5 and absolutely powderpuff. No Dawson, forget our captain.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This may sound crazy but I would rather lose one of the 4 you mentioned than Kilman. I think you have to factor in the captaincy thing, losing a guy who is growing as our leader will have more of an effect on the dressing room than you may think and to be honest I genuinely think he's right up there in terms of consistency and ability right now. RAN feels like the obvious sacrifice, having an excellent season but if we're honest pretty erratic and the evidence of his wolves career to date isn't amazing pre this season, so getting a big fee for him and probably an injury prone neto to allow us to hold onto Gomes would be my preference
I don’t think he has ‘grown’ one iota. He’s still the same Max Kilman as he was prior to the captaincy. He was a poor choice at the time, similar to Danny Batth being made captain.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think he had the worst game, just inexperienced to play the organiser in a defence that was up against it in the second half. Would be a good signing for a team who have a lot of the ball.

Reactions: Ned

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've said on here for some time now if we need to sell a 'big' player this summer let it be Kilman. We'll have Dawson to hold up the defence for 1 more season whilst we bed in a new CH.
I am looking forward to see what Mosquera offers

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted keep but its becoming increasingly clear that without someone talking him through the game, i.e. Dawson or Coady before him, hes just not up to it

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted keep but its becoming increasingly clear that without someone talking him through the game, i.e. Dawson or Coady before him, hes just not up to it
He's ****ing 26 and you think he needs a babysitter, if he needs being told how to play at his age he is obviously a very poor player who ain't got a clue.

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
He's ****ing 26 and you think he needs a babysitter, if he needs being told how to play at his age he is obviously a very poor player who ain't got a clue.
Well on that assessment we’ll be lucky to get £3m for him never mind £30m+

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Which is obviously my point, but its only really evident IMO when Coady or Dawson aren’t around which has been limited time to judge.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Kilman and am a big fan but what I did notice at full time was that there was no effort to pull players away and talk to the ref by him. All other captains would have been there getting them all away from the ref to stop them getting booked. It took GON to get on the pitch and get them away and you see Max ambling around in the background.

I know captaincy isn’t quite as important as it used to be but that’s one aspect of it where you need to take responsibility.

the genius

Reaction score
Too slow for a back 4 which is ultimately what I would like us to play. Get rid imo

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
A player who isn’t a leader, and actually for his build isn’t as physical in duels as he should be.

He should never have been given the armband.

If someone is offering 35 million again in the summer, I’d take it.

He hasn’t been great this season, not poor but not a leader, and evident without Dawson. Reality is we need a Dawson replacement and he isn’t it.

He’s a steady player, but for making good profit out of players, he would be one of the first out the door

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol .,,, sometimes this place makes me laugh ….. We’ve already got the smallest squad in the entire league, but some are still obsessed with selling anyone who is decent …. And replace with who exactly ??
Don't make stuff up. My line on Kilman is that if we have to sell a player/players I'd rather sell Kilman than say Cunha or RAN. I'd rather not sell anyone tbh but let's see what happens in the summer.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easiest thread ever. Can change name of player. Answer will always depend on:

1) Price;
2) Replacement.

Get £40m and a decent Carlos/Pau replacement plus some change then yes.

Get £25m and spend that on a Mendes favour or Vallejo then no.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol .,,, sometimes this place makes me laugh ….. We’ve already got the smallest squad in the entire league, but some are still obsessed with selling anyone who is decent …. And replace with who exactly ??
We’ve got sell in the summer and from a PSR point of view Kilman makes a lot of sense especially if it means we can hold onto RAN, Gomes and Cunha

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easiest thread ever. Can change name of player. Answer will always depend on:

1) Price;
2) Replacement.

Get £40m and a decent Carlos/Pau replacement plus some change then yes.

Get £25m and spend that on a Mendes favour or Vallejo then no.
Maybe Mosquera could be his replacement, then any money raised used to buy a striker…..

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Would keep him and play Mosquera and Toti either side of him next season with Dawson and Santi as back up which we’ll no doubt need. Again like others I’ve noticed a dip in his form since Dawson has been injured but thought last night he was a rolls Royce! Some amazing blocks and tackles and assured in possession too. The way he talks about the club and being captain I can’t see us selling unless a really silly offer comes in.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilian played very well last night and hopefully we will keep him. Only thing was that he was perhaps fortunate not to get a red card.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Mosquera could be his replacement, then any money raised used to buy a striker…..
With Mosquera back and perhaps 1 more season for Dawson we're not too badly off for CHs tbh. Kilman will generate decent money. A really top quality striker is the priority. If we spent say 50% -75% of our budget on the right guy that would be money well spent imo. If we can keep Cunha and Neto he, whoever he is, will be the final piece in the jigsaw imo.

Back
Top Bottom