Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kilman Appreciation

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent again today. Always looks tidy.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably not got the pace or engine to play in central-mid, but he is very good.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
If we’re going to play a back four then he has to be one of the two.

Reactions: Ian

jim_boner

Groupie
Reaction score
Thought he was our best player again against palace (admittedly, there wasn’t a huge amount of competition for that title). He’s been extremely consistent ever since breaking into the team.
As much as I love our skipper and would hate to see him dropped, there’d be a decent argument for going with boly and kilman if we want to revert to a back 4 again soon.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Little stat here. We have 8 clean sheets this season. Six of them when Kilman has started.
Was looking into this the other day:

With Kilman starting:
Matches 13, conceded 8, clean sheets 6.

Without Kilman starting:
Matches 13, conceded 24, clean sheets 2.

So we concede on average 0.6 goals a game with him in the starting XI, and 1.8 goals a game without him starting. So we’re conceding 3 times as many goals without him. Not saying that’s all down to Kilman, but...

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was looking into this the other day:

With Kilman starting:
Matches 13, conceded 8, clean sheets 6.

Without Kilman starting:
Matches 13, conceded 24, clean sheets 2.

So we concede on average 0.6 goals a game with him in the starting XI, and 1.8 goals a game without him starting. So we’re conceding 3 times as many goals without him. Not saying that’s all down to Kilman, but...
Kilman only plays in a back 3, so it's probably more to do with that

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman only plays in a back 3, so it's probably more to do with that
Definitely a contributing factor. He played in a four against Southampton and could easily have been at fault for two goals but for poor finishing.

Saying that I do think if we're going ahead with the four (certainly from next season) he should be at least on the cusp of being a starter, seems to be getting better every game

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was noticeably more comfortable on the ball than Dendoncker in the Leicester game.
A couple of times Donk panicked when pressed, Kilman didn’t. Just ‘did a Boly’, dropped the shoulder on motored on pastto pick out Moutinho or Jose.
Would obviously need a lot of positional work and coaching to be a mainstay in a back 4, particularly as he’s so far behind in top level experience of most his age. But I think he’s capable. Especially with Jonny outside him.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My only concern with Kilman is his lack of pace. No issue at all in a 3 but I do wonder how he'd get on in a 4

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Little known facts about Kilman:

- Signed from Maidenhead
- Used to play futsal
- Can speak fluent Russian

Few understand
Maybe you ought to alert the TV commentators so they can remind us of these relatively unknown facts?

BeardedWolves

Reaction score
Southampton caused him a few issues, especially the one that lead to their goal. Really didn't like him but since his return he's grown on me, think there's potential to be a real player just worry he could stagnate. Find he has issues in the air considering his height and its a real issue for me considering we allow crosses in the box, under the full confidence the defence deals with them and Patricio stays planted. If a back 4 is the future he will need to up his game otherwise I see him falling out of favour come summer with a new CB being our priority.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Little known facts about Kilman:

- Signed from Maidenhead
- Used to play futsal
- Can speak fluent Russian

Few understand

Impressive BigSteve but not as good as my fact a few posts up!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we signed him from FC Porto for £50m and his name was Kilminho, do you think our fans would clamour less for a centre back in the summer?

Nope because we clearly need to sign one in the summer if we have aims of playing 4 at the back and one that can play on the right hand side of central defence.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting tired with the commentator's mentioning it every week mind.
Yeah, that and

“Wolves concede first every week”
“Wolves haven’t mustered a shot on target after 78 minutes”
“Wolves haven’t kept a clean sheet in 21 years”

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Kilman is a revelation. He is just so assured, calm and solid in defence.

I really think he may have an outside chance of playing in the Euros if he actually gets a run in the team and he'll easily be a better defender than Boly when he's at that age.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope because we clearly need to sign one in the summer if we have aims of playing 4 at the back and one that can play on the right hand side of central defence.

Boly? I honestly think a back 4 (when all are fit) of Jonny-Kilman-Boly-Semedo is solid. We need a CM to pair with Neves, and a #10. Those would be my two top priorities in the summer. I also think we need another winger to replace Jota's place in the squad, I think we've missed having four options for two positions.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we signed him from FC Porto for £50m and his name was Kilminho, do you think our fans would clamour less for a centre back in the summer?
He needs to box his weight and use his height to get on the end of corners. He needs to be more aggressive in general.
His passing and contol of the ball is good but he struggles with pace.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really think he may have an outside chance of playing in the Euros if he actually gets a run in the team

Is he Scottish or something?

Kilman's doing well. But you know, he was the one playing Ings onside when he shouldn't have been last night. Can't just turn a blind eye to minor lapses which cost goals, unfortunately.

The problem with our centre halves are, they're all... alright. Boly based on previous years is the standout but even he's been really up and down this season. All the others are just... alright. You could play any of them over the other and the result would likely be the same.

Need to bring one in this summer who is a level above and guaranteed to start every week.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i think he's alright, but looks better than he is due to his partners

it's not a knock but i don't think he's a top 10 cb, like would he play for everton or leicester who are our so called start season rivals? no

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman needs games and will get better and better. The very least of our problems right now and in every way a success story. But obviously needs to keep working on his game.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is he Scottish or something?

Kilman's doing well. But you know, he was the one playing Ings onside when he shouldn't have been last night. Can't just turn a blind eye to minor lapses which cost goals, unfortunately.

The problem with our centre halves are, they're all... alright. Boly based on previous years is the standout but even he's been really up and down this season. All the others are just... alright. You could play any of them over the other and the result would likely be the same.

Need to bring one in this summer who is a level above and guaranteed to start every week.
Interestingly Hoddle laid the blame very much at Saiss’s door who pushed up needlessly and left Ings unmarked, maybe Kilman should have moved up too, but the offside trap is a dangerous game, let’s see who’s dropped for Sunday.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Remember this guy, our most consistent defender of the 2020/21 season, is he off playing for Bayern or Madrid or something now? or am I living in a ****ing parallel universe and he's sat on his **** watching calamity after calamity?

*Scratches head :flushed:

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember this guy, our most consistent defender of the 2020/21 season, is he off playing for Bayern or Madrid or something now? or am I living in a ****ing parallel universe and he's sat on his **** watching calamity after calamity?

Probably on light training trying to avoid injury before this years Euros.

D

Deleted member 11332

Be off to the championship next season I'd assume mate.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really don't understand what's going on with him. Has anyone heard anything about why he's not been playing?

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really don't understand what's going on with him. Has anyone heard anything about why he's not been playing?
Nope, doesn't make any sense to me at all. Can only think Nuno doesn't fancy him or there is a move lined up for him.

Back
Top Bottom