Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kieffer Moore (Cardiff City)

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
There's a lot of speculation that's come out of nowhere this morning linking us to 6'5" striker, Kieffer Moore at Cardiff City.

He had a very good year for Cardiff last season, scoring 21 goals. He scored on his debut for Wales in the Euro's too - decent header from a James cross as I recall.

I don't know much about him, what do people think?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably need his 6'5 to reach all those lofted crosses yesterday!!
Not against taking a good striker from the championship who knows where the back of the net is. Haven't seen enough of him, but would play back up to Jiminez anyway.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way we’d get him for £7m and no way we’d pay the double that which is probably required for a 29-y/o.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he’s of Ollie Watkins level quality then good signing.

Can’t say the name makes me think this is a signing that will push us into the top 10. But then that would be unfair as I know little of him.

To be quite honest anyone who can get a shot on target should be welcomed with open arms at present.

Wenlock Wolf

Reaction score
I can't see this happening to be honest. Not sure he's the profile they have in mind when Bruno talks about 'top players'.

Nothing against him as such, and wouldn't be adverse to him coming.

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything whether its true or not? He looked good in the Euros.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football insider getting nothing right... Just remember they were adamant sarkic was gonna be our number 2 behind Rui patricio this season.......

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I wanted us to sign him last year as a squad player. Seen him play many times for Wales. In my opinion he is not of Premier League starting striker quality but he would be a fantastic impact player from the bench, or something different when you need to change the game. Would absolutely eat up all these crosses going into the box (and defending set plays and corners). He's an absolute beast. The rest of his play beyond heading is not really EPL quality and he's not very fast, so only a squad player for me, although he holds the ball up well. However, his heading in the box is absolutely magnificent. Gerrim in.

Last edited:

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although he's not our usual profile of player, I wouldn't be against this signing at all, if it's affordable. The £7M touted seems okay to me. He demonstrably works hard, has a good attitude and is a threat in the air. Particularly whilst Raul is still finding his feet, someone like Moore would be useful.

I also don't think he'd be much of an impediment to Fabio's development, as they're such different players.

Saying all of this, another CF isn't my top priority as far as signings go.

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who shoots at goal on sight without overthinking it would be welcome at the moment.

At the moment our "shots" total is high but how many of those are desperate lashes from defenders/midfielders from outside the box ? When the ball does fall to our main predators, it's as if you can hear the cogs whirring in their heads, before they take the chances on.

R

reanswolf

Yesterday, I thought we would have won at a canter if anyone could win crosses. So with Traore etc, yes we need someone who could win headers from his crosses.

Someone like him is exactly what we need up front, for me, and so as an option it seems imminently sensible for someone at this cost.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's one of those that seems a bit too random for there to not be anything in it. For £7m and as a back up to Raul/someone to throw on who is good in the air he could be a decent signing. Proving it's because we're saving the money for CM/CB/out wide and keeping everyone else.

T

TheConcourse

Would be hugely underwhelmed by this.

Would make zero sense to stunt Fabio’s growth for someone who looks like they’ve had two decent seasons at Championship level.

And he’s 29… paper talk, surely?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's one of those that seems a bit too random for there to not be anything in it. For £7m and as a back up to Raul/someone to throw on who is good in the air he could be a decent signing. Proving it's because we're saving the money for CM/CB/out wide and keeping everyone else.

Thats a good point.

If this ends up our only signing between now and the window close, that would a worrying signal.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tall, gangly, raw in the Peter Crouch mould I would say. Not an ideal signing for the way we seem to want to play, but would give us something different. Brunos' Stefan Maierhofer?

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not what we want imho. We need a fox in the box … we’ve missed two 1v1s now… we don’t need a gangly 6’5” striker who won’t do any better in those situations

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Tall, gangly, raw in the Peter Crouch mould I would say. Not an ideal signing for the way we seem to want to play, but would give us something different. Brunos' Stefan Maierhofer?
He's not in the Peter Crouch mould at all, he built like a brick ****house! And he's far better at heading the ball than Crouch too.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not in the Peter Crouch mould at all, he built like a brick ****house! And he's far better at heading the ball than Crouch too.

I didn't get that from seeing him in the Euros. Crouch was a decent header of the ball too.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cant say I'd be against him, although not the bog marquee signing a lot would like we are not going to attract a top level striker to put on the bench and play second fiddle to raul. He will also take some of the pressure off Fabio.

He cant really be worse than William Jose who had quite a good record in Spain but was awful for us.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I didn't get that from seeing him in the Euros. Crouch was a decent header of the ball too.
Crouch"s all round play is much better and his heading prowess is just because he's tall. Moore is a battering ram and skillful and powerful at heading.

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Great signing, I think this is the profile that Bruno mentions, tall, strong, mobile and horrible to play against - happy with this (if it goes through)

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The kind of beanpole you bring on in last 10 minutes as balls are lofted into the penalty area in desperation to score. Yes it is one kind of an option and at the moment we are desperate for the club to do ANYTHING. Last season he scored goals in the Championship. But let's be honest this is a kindof Moxey/Morgan era type signing which points to Fosun lowering its ambitions significantly.

If in the whole of world football this is the best our transfer team land up with that is utterly pathetic imv. The fact is he is a journeyman striker who McCarthy had on the Cardiff bench for the first two games of this season. At 29 would contradict the whole Fosun transfer philosophy. £7m or more wasted imv. Why? Because we have spent a ridiculous £35m on an 18 year old who will take years to develop and with no guarantees he will be any good. Honestly, I will despair if after all this time this is the best the club can come up with when we are desperate for a quality striker.

The truth is Jota should never have been sold. If he was still with us we would be in a commanding position. It was such a stupid move. Instead we have Jeff's vanity project and perhaps because he is so invested in MAKING Silva a success he is only willing to see a temporary journeyman striker coming in instead of a serious long term alternative?

Harsh words perhaps but Fosun really need to decide want they want from this club and whether they are going to go for it FFP or not. Loan to buy is still possible for better players surely. 23rd August and still waiting some half decent news on the transfer front. Hopefully the Moore thing is just a vague rumour. Hopefully.

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kieffer Roberto Francisco Moore (taken from Wiki)

Can he just use his middle name only perhaps?

Traore Francisco Trincao

If so, I'd be happy to have him at Wolves.

Reaction score
He's ok but that's about it. I don't object to the idea, but I fail to see how he would fit into our style of play? We are trying to play more inside balls and pull backs from the by-line. This kind of forward just encourages more crosses which we are haphazard at at the best of times.
I'd far rather we get someone quick and mobile and perhaps have Raul as the '10' if Bruno wants two up top?

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be happy with this, something different to Raul and Fabio and would hopefully be ready to step up

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Thomas Henry at OH Leuven would have been a better bet. Celtic were interested but he has just been signed by Venezia.

Still, I wouldn't be against Moore - decent player and fine as a back-up to Raul. As others have said, our priority should be a Midfielder and Defender rather than splurging on a striker who will always play second fiddle to a fully fit Jimenez.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kiiieeeefffer moooore
Cross the ball to him and he will score
There’s something that the wolves want you to know
Best in the champ and he comes from llandudnooo
Numberrrr 4
Give the ball to keef and he will scoreeee.
I'd rather sign Darren Moore and that's saying something....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are going to sign him our crossing needs to improve big time
Oh wait we loaned Giles out.... A class crosser! Not good enough for us as he played for Rotherham some said lol. One player that keeps scoring for Plymouth is one to keep an eye on Luke Jephcott only 21. 4 apps, 3 goals & 1 assist not bad for a young lad in league one!! Probably would cost 2/3m at best Luke Jephcott - Player profile 21/22

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Decent ‘Plan B’ if we learn to get our crosses beyond the first defender.

If we’re after a ‘cheap back-up striker’ which frees up funds elsewhere, I’d rather go for Andras Sporar whose loan move to Boro has apparently hit a hitch…

Back
Top Bottom