Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kevin Davies

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/543963217?-300

Apologies if this has been covered already but I've trawled back three pages and can't see anything........and can't be ***** to look any further back.

A couple of seasons ago I would have taken him in a heartbeat.......could he still add something to the squad?

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please no. We need paaaaaaaaaaaaace FFS!

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly past his best. Most I suspect he has to offer is a wise and experienced head.

S

Shergar

We are 3 years too late.
When we got promoted I was a strong advocate for Davies and Jaaskelainen from Bolton to form the experienced spine of our team.
Davies is a spent force in the PL now but would do a good job in the Championship.... Hmmm? Sign him for next year then.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do need a pacy striker and Davies seems to be passed his best now. A no from me.

CITIZEN ERASED

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wow - am I alone in thinking this would be a good signing?

An experienced striker, able to slot straight into the premiership without an adjustment period required by foreigners or championship players.

Knows the game and is very good at winning the ball and holding it up - still has goals in him. Would be great alongside Fletch...we don't need pacey strikers with our pacy wingers and their crosses.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

An experienced striker, able to slot straight into the premiership without an adjustment period required by foreigners or championship players.

Knows the game and is very good at winning the ball and holding it up - still has goals in him. Would be great alongside Fletch...we don't need pacey strikers with our pacy wingers and their crosses.

Possibly me thinks he could be good for us with the method Mick deploys... It would be short-term thing anyway...if he helps keep us up it would be well worth it.

I think he definitely has more of an idea about the direction of the goal than Doyler!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this happens, it might be a smart move. Obviously he isn't being considered for the startting XI, but as back up for injuries and suspensions on the run in. Still not too old at 34, he could be a good option off the bench.

hoop

Reaction score
With all the long balls we hit from the back, I would of thought he would be ideal for Fletch to feed off.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all the long balls we hit from the back, I would of thought he would be ideal for Fletch to feed off.

But I suspect we won't be playing much 442, even at home. We have a plethora of midfielders when fit, and I see safety-first Mick playing 451 as the default system, with Fletch as the 1st choice 1, and Doyle and Davies as back up for when he's injured or if we have to go 442 to chase a game we are losing.

M

MonkeySpanner

We wouldn't of got him three years ago and YES he would be a very wise head that is missing at the moment. Should of signed three or four players of this ilk when we first got promoted. Just because your legs are going a little doesn't mean your footballing brain has.

Would be a good signing in my view.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd have him in a flash. Him & Fletch could rip many a defence to shreds I'd've thought, and with Jarvis from the wings & Berra from defence, he'd get plenty of airtime :D

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like him here, it'd take away from one of our main relegation rival's squad and add a wealth of Premier League experience to our own. He is one of the best at playing the 4-5-1 system and would definitely aid the development and games of our other strikers if nothing else and provide a useful bench option when we need the ball to stick upfront later on in matches (especially if we're winning). Remember Hahnemann? I recall Hennessey improving tenfold with him in the squad, and with the position we find ourselves in it can do nothing but help surely? I'd rather him than some unproven Championship player in all honesty, even if 'his legs are going'.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I disagree. We could do with a different option upfront and it would be far better to have a pacy striker who we can use through the middle rather than having to rely on our wingers all of the time.

W

Wexford Wolf

Agree with those who advocate taking him, he is a tough nut, good footballing brain, would possible be good to play with Fletcher, would create more space for Fletch and others through his cleverness (more than doyle does anyway i would think). Dont need the best of legs to help create space with little runs and around the 18 yard box. Allow Fletch, Kites, Jarvis, Hammill etc. do the running, with an improved Edwards, Frimpong, O Hara bursting a gut from midfield. Might be the thing we need to aid our final third.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fullmoon

Old horse, good in the air. Would be an asset in set pieces and corners...:)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If MM's got any sense (?!) he'll stick with 451 for all the last 17 games. SF will get the goals and if he's injured KD has done the business for the past 2 seasons. I think I'd pass right now and spend on either a cmf or a cb.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it were big money I'd agree NNW, especially when £5m-£6m was touted for Kenwyne Jones - I'd much rather see that invested elsewhere in the team that is crying out for quality. However if Kevin Davies is available on the cheap, say £1m-£2m (not necessarily unlikely considering his age and his contract being up in the summer) then I'd take him like a shot.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance, his legs have gone so he couldn't put a shift in!

B

bridgnorthwolf

If it were big money I'd agree NNW, especially when £5m-£6m was touted for Kenwyne Jones - I'd much rather see that invested elsewhere in the team that is crying out for quality. However if Kevin Davies is available on the cheap, say £1m-£2m (not necessarily unlikely considering his age and his contract being up in the summer) then I'd take him like a shot.

There's no way we would pay a seven-figure sum for a 34 year old.

I'd rather see Jez spend £5-£6 million on pies than on Kenwyne Jones.

If Nicky Maynard is still availble, £2-£3million on him would be excellent business.

Otherwise a bit less on the older, but still decent Andrew Johnson.

If not then let's take a closer look at this Jordan Rhodes.....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's no way we would pay a seven-figure sum for a 34 year old.

I'd rather see Jez spend £5-£6 million on pies than on Kenwyne Jones.

If Nicky Maynard is still availble, £2-£3million on him would be excellent business.

Otherwise a bit less on the older, but still decent Andrew Johnson.

If not then let's take a closer look at this Jordan Rhodes.....

I would love to see us get Onouha and Maynard.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this would prove one of the most clever signings of the window. A team at the bottom getting a strong, clever, experienced striker like Davies. Short term, even if only 6 months would work a treat.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will also take their most experienced striker of one of our relegation rivals. Initially this didn't fill me with joy but as I think about it, the more I like the idea.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

We could buy Jarvis, Kites and Hammill a Kindle each, give them something to do whilst we wait for the strikers to catch up.....

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have loved it 3/4 years ago, but not now. Not what we need. It would hardly inspire a change for the better in our style of play.

J

johnybig32

He doesnt play as a front man? He plays as RW does he not? There was where he normally played.

I suppose, as we dont play and football, and just continuously HOOF the ball, apparently, he could be useful as a target man.

WOuld rather Doyle be played if we were going down that route!

Back
Top Bottom