Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Keogh leeds move off?

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Not very much, think it was just a few hundred thousand?

Surprised Leeds can't afford him.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His contract is up in 6 months so why would they waste good money? I doubt Keogh is the kind of player that will make or break their season.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
There was one comment at the bottom of the report by a Leeds fan.

'I am outraged! If we can't even afford an average striker from Wolves then we will remain in the championship for the foreseeable future.'

Reaction score
They're hardly going to agree to pay the asking price immediately are they. Got a month to get the price down, or look for another loan

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Report says Keogh will arrive back at Molineux on Jan 2.

What about Mick playing him up front with Fletch in the Cup at Birmingham.

To give him one more chance to see what he can do playing alongside a goal scorer.

I'll get my coat....

J

Jamesjh89

To give him one more chance to see what he can do playing alongside a goal scorer.

I'll get my coat....

Id prefer him upfront on his own, fits the lone strike role perfect with a great eye for goal, strength and speed.

Get my coat to will ya

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Id prefer him upfront on his own, fits the lone strike role perfect with a great eye for goal, strength and speed.

Get my coat to will ya

If I was the attendant, I'd be throwing those coats at you.

C

cooper_J

I'd be interested to know how much we're asking, particularly as we were quoting £2.5 million for him in the summer of 2010. Seems our over the top valuations will mean we'll eventually get a fraction of that.

I'm not sure how much he earns a week - a conservative guess about £5 k?

So working on those figures, he'll earn (between now and the end of his contract in August) at least £160,000 in wages.

We must be asking for a figure well in excess of that, otherwise we'd just give him a free. I can't see anyone paying any more than £400,000 for him. I'd be tempted to accept anything that got us close to half a million in a fee and saved wages.

leedswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
18 starts and 5 sub appearances, so no.

lufc could afford him, but Bates won't 'splash the cash' according to my information.

P

PeteWolf

I'm not sure how much he earns a week - a conservative guess about £5 k?
Unless his contract has changed then he's on 20k per week.

When he went to Cardiff on loan and everyone was going on about how they'd built a side full of loan players they stated they were paying 50% of his wages at 10k per week.

C

cooper_J

Unless his contract has changed then he's on 20k per week.

When he went to Cardiff on loan and everyone was going on about how they'd built a side full of loan players they stated they were paying 50% of his wages at 10k per week.

Bloody hell! So he will actually earn closer to £640,000.

When fringe players earn that kind of money, it really makes you realise just how crazy the world has gone.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

£20k a week. For Keogh? Surely not. Someone needs shooting if that's right!

Penny pinching here and £20k pw for Keogh there. Crazy!

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'll get my coat....

and hat

306NOTOUT

And people said I was talking $$$$ with Kightly being on £20k

P

PeteWolf

Bloody hell! So he will actually earn closer to £640,000.

When fringe players earn that kind of money, it really makes you realise just how crazy the world has gone.

£20k a week. For Keogh? Surely not. Someone needs shooting if that's right!

Penny pinching here and £20k pw for Keogh there. Crazy!
Sounds about right to me to be honest.

Bearing in mind some of the wages Pompey and West Ham were paying out when their figures for individual players were revealed it's still pretty low by Premier League standards.

Wolves' wage bill for 2009/10 was 29.8m, which works out divided by 25 and again 52 to be £22,923 per week per player. A rough calculation, but even upped to divided for 35 players divided by 52 works out at £16,374 on average.

Now take into account that that was the first season in the PL, and the club have openly admitted contracts have been re-negotiated (increased) since then, and Keogh has probably worked himself a decent contract after promotion and his early performances that season then it sounds about right for someone who would be above others in the squads seniority ranks (even if not on the field).

Jonny De Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Leeds will only sign players that do not involve an initial fee ie loanees or free signings.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Worst. News. Ever.

Just when i finally thought we were shot of that waste of a squad place:flybye:

Lord, why hath you forsaken me? :hmpf:

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can already see the E&S headline now "having Andy back is like a new signing"Moxey 02/01/12.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good summary there Pete. As for Andy coming back to us, I wouldn't expect Ken Bates to do anything other than play hardball. He knows the lad wants to be there. He knows he is out of contract at the end of the season. All he has to do now is to wait and see if another Championship club comes in for him. Hopefully one will and gazump old Kenny. If not, well the lad has given us good service and probably will go out on loan for the final period of his time with us.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves' wage bill for 2009/10 was 29.8m, which works out divided by 25 and again 52 to be £22,923 per week per player. A rough calculation, but even upped to divided for 35 players divided by 52 works out at £16,374 on average.

That's the wage bill for the all the employees of "the company" though isn't it? Everyone from the car park attendant to Kevin Doyle, from the youth team bus driver to Jez.

This point is often lost when people look at the wage bills of clubs, obviously the playing staff's salaries must account for a whopping % of the overall wage bill, but it's also covering everyone employed by the club. In the year you quote, Wolves employed 241 people - of which over 77% were non-playing staff. Even within those covered by "playing staff" you are including all the income of academy players too.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the wage bill for the all the employees of "the company" though isn't it? Everyone from the car park attendant to Kevin Doyle, from the youth team bus driver to Jez.

This point is often lost when people look at the wage bills of clubs, obviously the playing staff's salaries must account for a whopping % of the overall wage bill, but it's also covering everyone employed by the club. In the year you quote, Wolves employed 241 people - of which over 77% were non-playing staff. Even within those covered by "playing staff" you are including all the income of academy players too.
Amazing really to think a football club employs 241 people to support 38 games a year and only 19 at Molineux?!

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do the math NNW, the figure must invariably also include Academy games at all age groups and reserves.

Back
Top Bottom