Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kenny Hibbitt - alive and well.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On this day in 1968 Ronnie Allen made his last signing as manager of Wolves. He bought a lad aged just 17 from Bradford Park Avenue. That lad was Kenny Hibbitt who cost Wolves £5,000.

Kenny went on to make 574 appearances during a 16 year career at Molineux. He scored 114goals during that time and played in the 1974 and 1980 league cup successes. Unbelievably Kenny did not get international recognition.

Kenny was inducted into the hall of fame a few years back, and that £5,000 spent must have been one of the best pieces of business conducted by the club.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
On this day in 1968 Ronnie Allen made his last signing as manager of Wolves. He bought a lad aged just 17 from Bradford Park Avenue. That lad was Kenny Hibbitt who cost Wolves £5,000.

Kenny went on to make 574 appearances during a 16 year career at Molineux. He scored 114goals during that time and played in the 1974 and 1980 league cup successes. Unbelievably Kenny did not get international recognition.

Kenny was inducted into the hall of fame a few years back, and that £5,000 spent must have been one of the best pieces of business conducted by the club.
You might want to edit the typo Frank

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can he still play attacking midfield?

He is/was exactly what we need (que the responses that the gme has changed a lot since - I do understand that).
Reans, the game has changed a lot since.

(Couldn't let you down)

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

won 1 u.23 cap,a poor reward for a magnificent player

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kenny would have been a £50million+ player today. As soon as he came into the starting 11 everyone knew how good he was going to be. £5,000 bargain!

Great player, clubman and he’s always said nothing but good things about our great club.

He could hit a ball as well!

Didn’t he score 4 goals against Newcastle when his dear brother Terry played for them?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Kenny would have been a £50million+ player today. As soon as he came into the starting 11 everyone knew how good he was going to be. £5,000 bargain!

Great player, clubman and he’s always said nothing but good things about our great club.

Didn’t he score 4 goals against Newcastle when his dear brother Terry played for them?
He did indeed

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just to add.

When we signed him I had never heard of Bradford Park Avenue let alone Kenny Hibbitt!

Whoever scouted him deserved a pay rise.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to add.

When we signed him I had never heard of Bradford Park Avenue let alone Kenny Hibbitt!

Whoever scouted him deserved a pay rise.

Bradford Park Avenue were in dire financial straits at the time, and were willing to sell any player to try to save them from going under. £5,000 for an unknown teenager probably seemed good business to them at the time. In my opinion it is probably the best £5,000 that Wolves have ever spent.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kenny for £5,000! deal of the last 50 or more years. He was my hero when he played for that very good 70s side. Huge work rate always. Wonderful passing ability and rocket shot. An absolute travesty that he only earnt one England U.23 cap throughout his illustrious career. Watching him and the equally wonderful Waggy slinging over crossfield passes to each other was one of my greatest delights. Wonderful player.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bradford Park Avenue were in dire financial straits at the time, and were willing to sell any player to try to save them from going under. £5,000 for an unknown teenager probably seemed good business to them at the time. In my opinion it is probably the best £5,000 that Wolves have ever spent.

It’s the equivalent of signing Joao Moutinho for a bargain £5million Frank.

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
Saw him at outside the Megastore a couple of weeks ago, he looked very well indeed:). Used to come out of the tunnel at 14.55 covered in sweat, an absolute footballing diamond !!! Shone brightly and as hard as they come...

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Legend of a player signed by one of my favourite ever managers.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kenny Hibbitt, right up there as one of my favourite players. He actually is just what we need at the mo. An attacking midfielder who bags his fair share of goals. Fond memories come flooding back when I think of Kenny, not least me and my mates surrounding his car, when he was stuck in a jam into Bridgnorth, him coming down the Hermitage, us cycling up it!

Lawndog

Reaction score
nothing but fond memories of King Kenny!.....one of my all-time faves!.....will never forget his tap-in to earn us a point in a 3-3 draw at home to Norwich in March 1978......he knew he'd be injured as he slid-in to score.......his ankle was broken as a result!

Wolvezone

Reaction score
Even if football may have changed alot since 1970 and 1980 I would imagine Kenny Hibbitt being just as dominate today and one of the leading attacking midfielders as well as scoring his usuall 10 goals in spectacular fashion:)
Anybody got that game on tape when he scored 4 goals against Newcastle 24/8/1974. I'd love to see that one more time

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before my time but who was it keeping him out of the England side at the time?

Given it was a decade we didn't qualify for a world cup it seems a nonsense Kenny didn't get a chance

From memory midfielders who got capped for England around the time Kenny was playing but were not as good that I can recall were Martin Dobson, Keith Weller, Gerry Francis ( Don Revie made him captain and it stank of London media bias as he was a seventies Dave Edwards only Dave was better ! ) Alan Devonshire ( good player but not as good as Kenny but as he played for West Ham he was always going to get the nod in the Fleet Street Select XI )

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He really was a generational talent. McCalliog, Hibbitt, Richards, Dougan, Wagstaffe. For me the greatest ever Wolves forward line. Met him by chance at the Novotel a year or 2 ago and he was more than happy to chat away. A day I will never forget. Great, great player.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then several of us oldies are going to wrestle you to the ground and give you a nice vigorous knuckle/scalp massage (if you get my drift) :expressionless:
But you have not asked why I blame him. If you did, and I answered, you would applaud me, not assault me.

Wolvessince63

Reaction score
When I spoke to Kenny a couple of years ago he was working for the FA as a referees assessor, so still involved in the game, don’t know whether he’s still doing it.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
His daughter went to Highfields School. Used to see him alot when he came to pick her.

Absolute legend. My dad's second favourite player after John Richards.

Back
Top Bottom