Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Keith Andrews

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah. I'm with Stefan, awful day made slightly worse by the arms out celebration. Bloody deflection anyway...

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all fancied Phillips after all the goals and goading he's done so calm down guys!! Rationally speaking he'd be a decent footballing midfielder albeit only back up for macca imo. When we lose macca for whatever reason we have no one of the same ilk to replace him, Andrews wouldn't be a bad replacement and certainly not if on a free.

D

drewtwulf

I thought he was going to be a decent player for us when he broke through. He does owe a lot to Incey for the faith he showed in signing him from 2 levels down, plenty of raised eyebrows at the time but to be fair to him he was no flop.
Not too sure if I am an advocte of bringing him into next seasons Wolves squad as I have not seen anything of his game over the last couple of years. Iirc there may have been some less than complimetary comments from the player regarding his time at Wolves prior to the Black Country derby. Ex-Albion too, it could quite quickly become an icon of fans frustrations or scapegoat-poster-boy if it isn't going how we like.

D

Deleted member 4023

Andrews will never play for Wolves again. Too many people with too much time on their hands. Chill out enjoy the rest of the bank holiday weekend.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all fancied Phillips after all the goals and goading he's done so calm down guys!! Rationally speaking he'd be a decent footballing midfielder albeit only back up for macca imo. When we lose macca for whatever reason we have no one of the same ilk to replace him, Andrews wouldn't be a bad replacement and certainly not if on a free.
You aren't seriously comparing the two Ashley are you? Andrews is hardly the playmaker Macca is. Now your old mate Nenad may be a better comparison.
Didn't want Phillips and definitely don't want Andrews back.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Please God hope not.

Slow and not very good, would be an even worse signing than Clarke!

W

WasStefan

One scores goals and would have won the fans over I have no doubt. The others not only useless but a is a $$$$ of the highest order.

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not dead against the idea but would prefer Evans and Price in there if I am being honest.

The game is all about opinions but I can't believe people are comparing Andrews and McDonald. Macca controls a game, drives forwards, turns on a sixpence, Andrews gets involved, puts his body on the line, keeps the ball moving with short passes and sits in front of the back for as protection - more like Karl Henry if you like

D

Dougan was king

People have short memories ,I remember the crowd referring to him as the Crab he was that slow

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You aren't seriously comparing the two Ashley are you? Andrews is hardly the playmaker Macca is. Now your old mate Nenad may be a better comparison.
Didn't want Phillips and definitely don't want Andrews back.

No not at all, just suggesting him as a similar type of player or player that could play the deep role that macca has perfected for us.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely this cant be true. At around 34 he is far too old....

D

Deleted member 4099

Agree, but he is still a lot better player than Price. In fact i think that Evans is a lot better player technically than Price, as Price is very limited and i think will struggle in the Championship.

Jack Price is technically one the best Wolves players I've seen.

M

MK Panther

Andrews is not the player that left Wolves many seasons ago. He has much more to his game than people realise. I believe he could be good for the team in many ways but at his age we may find he is past his best. Apart from Leon Clarke, Kenny Jackett has been almost flawless in his decision making and he knows the Championship very well he has time to make the right decisions on his squad. If he believes Keith Andrews is the right man for the job he will attempt to bring him in.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be a good signing IMO, strength in depth you would prefer him coming on when 1 0 up rather than Evans really wouldn't you.

D

Dewsburywolf

Apart from Ricketts who have we got in the "experienced pro" ranks? And he didn't work out too bad did he?

kidderminster wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

He's not at all, as he is very limited. He's just a typical give and go midfielder. I work within coaching and have coached to quite a high standard so i would like to know what i am talking about.

M

Mr Wolf

Apart from Ricketts who have we got in the "experienced pro" ranks? And he didn't work out too bad did he?

Goldbourne, Stearman, McDonald, Edwards, Ikeme all have over 200 games at various levels. The likes of Henry, Sako & Jacobs aren't exactly kids either. Throw in Ricketts & we have a very good balance of players with the majority being the right side of 28.

He's not at all, as he is very limited. He's just a typical give and go midfielder. I work within coaching and have coached to quite a high standard so i would like to know what i am talking about.

He had a spell where he just didn't offer enough for me (Shrewsbury game did my head in) but after he was dropped & came back he did do more on the ball other than his one touch pass. He needs to keep this up & improve on it & not be scared of moving forward with the ball.

As for Andrews anyone who thinks we will be signing a player like him needs their head testing, players on the up with things to prove not on the way down when your legs have gone so you have to foul people constantly.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Really!!! I mean really!!!! He's young and will hopefully improve but technically he's very very average.

Last edited by a moderator:

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goldbourne, Stearman, McDonald, Edwards, Ikeme all have over 200 games at various levels. The likes of Henry, Sako & Jacobs aren't exactly kids either. Throw in Ricketts & we have a very good balance of players with the majority being the right side of 28.

He had a spell where he just didn't offer enough for me (Shrewsbury game did my head in) but after he was dropped & came back he did do more on the ball other than his one touch pass. He needs to keep this up & improve on it & not be scared of moving forward with the ball.

As for Andrews anyone who thinks we will be signing a player like him needs their head testing, players on the up with things to prove not on the way down when your legs have gone so you have to foul people constantly.

No one on here suggested him as a signing by the way! It was in a newspaper and then reported on here so on fact no one needs there head testing at all

D

Dorset DeWolf

Not for me, nothing I've seen of Andrews suggests he is what we need

D

Deleted member 4023

Andrews is not coming to Wolves - Its just a wind up on a rumours forum - no need to start pantwetting over nothing.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Andrews is not coming to Wolves - Its just a wind up on a rumours forum - no need to start pantwetting over nothing.

Thought my phone was playing up then. I thought you posted a link and I was clicking on it (smiley).

M

Mr Wolf

No one on here suggested him as a signing by the way! It was in a newspaper and then reported on here so on fact no one needs there head testing at all

I'm not saying anyone suggested him I'm saying all the posters (about 6 of them so far) who think Andrews or a player like him would be a good acquisition need their heads testing.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not saying anyone suggested him I'm saying all the posters (about 6 of them so far) who think Andrews or a player like him would be a good acquisition need their heads testing.

He'd be decent back up for McDonald imo and that's all.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Andrews or Coady? I think I know the answer!

M

Mr Wolf

He'd be decent back up for McDonald imo and that's all.

A waste of a squad place imo on a player like him, I'd rather throw Price, Evans, Torras, Coady, Rowe, Pritchard, Vincelot or about 10 others before we sign a player like Andrews.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Andrews or Coady? I think I know the answer!

Andrews or anybody? I think I know the answer! Last month it was Big Ears. This week it's Shirley Temple!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A waste of a squad place imo on a player like him, I'd rather throw Price, Evans, Torras, Coady, Rowe, Pritchard, Vincelot or about 10 others before we sign a player like Andrews.

That's cool. I'm not saying let's push the boat out to get him but if he was brought in for free on low ish wage I wouldn't $$$$ my pants and throw a tantrum over it like I feel some would given comments on the thread.

D

Deleted member 4099

Really!!! I mean really!!!! He's young and will hopefully improve but technically he's very very average.

Can pass with both feet always looking up and forward almost always finds a Wolves player. Not flamboyant I'll give you but at 21 with very little first team football under his belt. Yes REALLY. It's all about opinions.

W

WellyWolf

How anyone calls Jack Price a technically inept or bad technical player really need to wear bricks as shoes and jump into the ocean. I believe Jacket will transform him this summer into a advanced playmaker who runs with the ball more. He's made the most passes this year with the highest completed pass percentage rate. To me, he won us that league when he came into the team, as he made McDonald play. He to me is the future. I have always said it since I saw him in the under 21s.

W

WasStefan

How anyone calls Jack Price a technically inept or bad technical player really need to wear bricks as shoes and jump into the ocean. I believe Jacket will transform him this summer into a advanced playmaker who runs with the ball more. He's made the most passes this year with the highest completed pass percentage rate. To me, he won us that league when he came into the team, as he made McDonald play. He to me is the future. I have always said it since I saw him in the under 21s.

Absolutely agree. I couldn't and still don't believe people rate Evans higher.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What the.......

He's a very tidy player, the best technical player??? Not a chance! More stray passes than Edwards in his last 4-5 games as well. He'll be lucky to feature regularly next season imo

Back
Top Bottom