Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Keep your Geordie hands off Coady

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There’s more crap in the papers again today suggesting Newcastle are ready to test our resolve with an offer for Conor. Simple message to mega money Newcastle. **** off

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be rather surprised. Club captain, pushing for Europe again, established in the England setup, and playing in a back 3 where he’s spent the last few years. 36 hours before the window slams shut, for a derisory amount of cash and no chance to replace in time.

Versus moving up here and into a relegation battle, probably 40% chance of being in the Championship next season, as part of statistically one of the worst back 4s to date this season.

Dan Burn at Brighton seems far more plausible

D

Deleted member yltz11841

This is not allowed to be discussed on the mix as you will find out soon enough from the fact police

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just heard Dan Burn is on his way there for £13m (SkySportsNews). But if a come down for the geordies as Burn is cack.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be rather surprised. Club captain, pushing for Europe again, established in the England setup, and playing in a back 3 where he’s spent the last few years. 36 hours before the window slams shut, for a derisory amount of cash and no chance to replace in time.

Versus moving up here and into a relegation battle, probably 40% chance of being in the Championship next season, as part of statistically one of the worst back 4s to date this season.

Dan Burn's just been confirmed.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw some Geordie on twitter getting ahead of himself and talking excitedly about the new Coady and Burn pairing at the back for Toon, and it occured to me how much better we are than Newcastle. Particularly given that as well as Coady we currently have Kilman, Saiss, Boly, Mosquera, Dendoncker and Gomes. All of which I'd happily take over that donkey Burn or that other donkey Lascelles

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Coady, you’re not just buying an experienced International centre back.

You’re buying a club captain, a leader, an incredible professional and someone that will raise the standards around dressing room and the entire club.

Basically, he’s exactly what Newcastle need. If they brought Coady in and no other players, they’d probably have a better chance of staying up than by getting 4 or 5 mercenaries.

We won’t sell and Coady won’t go. But the price has to reflect what we are losing and what they would be gaining. £25m is derisory and just shows that they have no idea what they are doing.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They may have billions to spend but any player going there must be thinking that they could be playing Championship football next season? I'm surprised Trippier went there; he could surely have done better but I expect it was the wage packet that attracted him. Chris Wood and Dan Burn are exactly the type of players that would go there now; ok players with no great future but the chance to earn a decent wedge. Hardly inspiring if you're a Newcastle fan. Coady wouldn't touch them with a barge-pole.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Story placed to convince Brighton to accept offer for Dan Burn….that deal is now done so no bid for Coady.
Given that Burn is gash Brighton would probably take a bag of Cadbury's Chocolate Buttons for him from any other club. Newcastle though....

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's Brighton strengthened then

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s more crap in the papers again today suggesting Newcastle are ready to test our resolve with an offer for Conor. Simple message to mega money Newcastle. **** off

why bother starting a thread?

last week it was spurs silly bid for traore; then arsenal and man utd for neves; none of the prices realistic or going to happen in the day or two remaining before the deadline. coady stuff is just drivel

in the summer it might be different but until then, relaxxxxxxx

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the Toon put their hands anywhere near Conor, they should maybe have them chopped off... like their owners do to people who do stuff that they don't like ;)

Last edited:

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they’re signing Burn before trying to get Coady - it shows they don’t ‘really’ want him, I’m sure.

Dan. Bloody. Burn.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Second best defence in all divisions, club captain and leader. English plays for our country. £50 mil plus please.

Back
Top Bottom