Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Just walk away Mick

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I am getting a little tired of listening to/reading Mick McCarthy's viewpoint on all things Wolves.There is nothing derogatory as such but he keeps appearing with his comments,his latest being the club seem doomed in their efforts at keeping Stephen Fletcher.We may well be,but Mick you have gone so leave it alone,find yourself a new job and stop keep commenting on our players,we want to be left alone at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dorset DeWolf

He'll constantly be getting these sort of questions rammed down his throat though whenever he is seen in public, i'm sure he refuses to comment more often than not & the few examples we have seen are the minority where he has opened his mouth.

I wish he was still here

E

Essex Wolf

Just read that myself a few minutes ago Jonzy and thought exactly the same thing.

Just wish he'd shut up. His pee poor management and squad have helped create this mess and now he comes out with stuff like this which I think most of us already accept as happening. Telling us what we already know is like his management, predictable and not that impressive.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
He'll constantly be getting these sort of questions rammed down his throat though whenever he is seen in public, i'm sure he refuses to comment more often than not & the few examples we have seen are the minority where he has opened his mouth.

I wish he was still here

As an aside I notice you are in Dorset.Off there next month.stopping in Osmington.where do you reside?

B

basshead

I think you guys are being a bit harse. He is clearly being asked questions about a club that he was involved in up until a short while ago, people are asking his opinion and he is giving as asked, it is not like he is badgering people who don't want to know.

it is the nature of the "always on sports news" time we live in.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Just read that myself a few minutes ago Jonzy and thought exactly the same thing.

Just wish he'd shut up. His pee poor management and squad have helped create this mess and now he comes out with stuff like this which I think most of us already accept as happening. Telling us what we already know is like his management, predictable and not that impressive.

I agree Essex.Since Christmas it has been death by a thousand cuts and I want to be put out of my misery,no doubt this weekend in the full glare of National TV.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I think you guys are being a bit harse. He is clearly being asked questions about a club that he was involved in up until a short while ago, people are asking his opinion and he is giving as asked, it is not like he is badgering people who don't want to know.

it is the nature of the "always on sports news" time we live in.

Just because you are asked doesn't mean you have to answer.

F

Forever Wolves

Just because you are asked doesn't mean you have to answer.

Spot on, he could always just say 'I don't think it's my place to comment on Wolves anymore' but of course Mick feels he always has to answer everything 'honestly' just to show everyone he's a 'decent' bloke.

Got to agree with others on here, I wish he'd shut up, he's as much responsible for this mess as the 2 M's are. For all the crap we've seen since Mick wen't I still believe it was the right thing to do, it's what followed that was wrong.

You were great for us Mick, but it's time to move on and shut up now.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I saw this yesterday and i was peed off about it.
Whatever one thinks about honest Mick he is not stupid and knows exactly what he is idoing. His comments about Fletcher are more likely to cause the player to feel unrest than feel he should stay and fight for another season.
it is a pity when the club gave him his payoff they did not make a clause that he had to zip it up about club affairs at least for a certain period.
He is undermining the club. A club that he is responsible for the mess we are in.

F

FLEET WOLF

But why do they have to keep talking to him at all?

Because they are trying to get him to say derogatory things about Wolves and stir things up, but hopefully he is above doing that, although perhaps if he did say such things, it might galvanise Pinky and Perky to sort the Club out!

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Wind your neck in Mick.

You are part of the problem and got a nice payout at the end.

Either keep a dignified (and compromise agreement tight silence) or forefit your cash bonus for being crap the last few years and spill the beans properly.

I don't buy the love in. Take away the ££££.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Because they are trying to get him to say derogatory things about Wolves and stir things up, but hopefully he is above doing that, although perhaps if he did say such things, it might galvanise Pinky and Perky to sort the Club out!

Are they still alive?Having said that I haven't heard Greggs say they are laying off staff.:D

S

Sharples

Reminds me when Shankley left and Paisley took over at Liverpool.

Shankley kept going to training long after and started to cause a problem

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should keep his dignity and preserve the respect that most Wolves fans, even the ones like me that didn't like his style of management one bit, have for him. He will do that by having the sense to draw a line under his time at Wolves and keeping his trap firmly shut. At the moment he's like a bad smell hanging around the club, or a dog with a bone that he can't leave alone. Go and have a long holiday Mick

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Understand where you are all coming from but it's another case of getting wound up over the media. Truth is, some tired journo with nothing else to write about is most likely baiting Mick with a few questions and whatever happens there will be some stupid story. Even if he said, "No comment", we'd probably end up with the headline, "Ex manager cagey on Fletcher's future". It's all rubbish. It's not important. It's just noise. Bit like the official site.

M

morosewolf

The fact that Doyle, Fletcher, Jarvis, Kightly, Hennessey, Henry, Ward and O'Hara (8 players) have been linked with PL teams in the last couple of weeks proves what a $$$$ poor effort he made in setting them up this season. I wish he would decline to comment.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What Mick McCarthy thinks about OUR club NOT his is totally irrelevant to me thank goodness.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately events since his departure seem to have enhanced his reputation with pundits saying he would have kept us up. He is coming over more as a wronged party instead of the damaged goods he actually is. Hopefully he will end up with one of our future rivals.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately events since his departure seem to have enhanced his reputation with pundits saying he would have kept us up. He is coming over more as a wronged party instead of the damaged goods he actually is. Hopefully he will end up with one of our future rivals.
Absolutely his sacking and the appointment and failure of Connor is keeping the myth alive. Maybe if they had just appointed Curbishley and given him what he needed for the job we might have seen a Wiganesque escape ourselves. That would have been the best way to shut honest mick up.

D

Dorset DeWolf

Does anybody actually realise that we had hardly even dropped into the bottom 3 AT ALL this whole season with Mick in chargem, now we've got this uselss $$$$ing $$$$ leading us look where we are, Mick has a right to say things, he must be totally $$$$ed off about the whole thing & must also be thinking 'it serves you right Morgan you red faced scouse $$$$'

D

Dorset DeWolf

Why?

So he can sign more Eggert Jonssons?

Move on ffs.

That's like saying Ferguson signs players like Djemba Djemba or Arsene Wenger buys players like Francis Jeffers, they cant get them all right, how about Kightly, Jarvis, ebanks blake, Doyle, Fletcher, Henry, Foley, Ward......??????????????

Div

S

SaleWolf

That's like saying Ferguson signs players like Djemba Djemba or Arsene Wenger buys players like Francis Jeffers, they cant get them all right, how about Kightly, Jarvis, ebanks blake, Doyle, Fletcher, Henry, Foley, Ward......??????????????

Div

I could have signed Fletcher and Doyle. Not exactly no marks who no one had ever heard of were they? Same goes for SEB who was smashing goals in left, right and centre for Plymouth

Kightly, Jarvis, Foley, Henry. Yes good signings. Ward is debtable as since Mick has left he is playing as though his boyhood hero has just dumped him.

Since we got promoted (and we all know he is good at lower league football), his signings have been $$$$ing abysmal.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely his sacking and the appointment and failure of Connor is keeping the myth alive. Maybe if they had just appointed Curbishley and given him what he needed for the job we might have seen a Wiganesque escape ourselves. That would have been the best way to shut honest mick up.

Perhaps the best way to attain a Wiganesque escape would have been to follow Wigan's plan of not dispensing with the services of a manager who'd steered them out of a similar position twice before.

The beauty of hindsight eh?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Does anybody actually realise that we had hardly even dropped into the bottom 3 AT ALL this whole season with Mick in chargem, now we've got this uselss $$$$ing $$$$ leading us look where we are, Mick has a right to say things, he must be totally $$$$ed off about the whole thing & must also be thinking 'it serves you right Morgan you red faced scouse $$$$'

I wouldn't mind being $$$$ed off having been paid around a million pounds a year since we came up and then walking away with another million having been sacked knowing that at some juncture you will walk back into a job.

D

Dorset DeWolf

I could have signed Fletcher and Doyle. Not exactly no marks who no one had ever heard of were they? Same goes for SEB who was smashing goals in left, right and centre for Plymouth

Kightly, Jarvis, Foley, Henry. Yes good signings. Ward is debtable as since Mick has left he is playing as though his boyhood hero has just dumped him.

Since we got promoted (and we all know he is good at lower league football), his signings have been $$$$ing abysmal.

No not at all, you cant just not include Fletcher & Doyle as you thought they would be a good signing, he also was very good in the loan market in the shape of Frimpong (probably the most gifted player we've had at Wolves since Huddlestone, if he had not got injured I doubt we'd be where we are now!) & Bassong (a proven centre half)

D

Dorset DeWolf

I wouldn't mind being $$$$ed off having been paid around a million pounds a year since we came up and then walking away with another million having been sacked knowing that at some juncture you will walk back into a job.

ha, very true!! Osmington I know it well, not into fishing by any chance are you!?

J

Jameswwfc

Just shows how poor all his signings have been since going up if he thinks its only fletch that we could lose. $$$$ off mick

T

thedodga_wwfc

It isn't a bad screw is it! I've heard that he's being lined up for the west ham job if they do not achieve promotion...

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everytime I see his arrogant stupid mug on tv I just want to smash the screen in.

A multi million pay off and a job straight back in the media, all in time for the euros. Talk about being rewarded for abject failure.

Nice work if you can get it.

M

MonkeySpanner

Yep....getting very tired myself over quotes McCarthy is supposedly throwing around these days in regard to Wolves.

As others have said, just walk away Mick and stop giving your opinion on Wolves, bucause let's not forget, your the one who got us into this mess.

E

Essex Wolf

McCarthy may have taken Wolves up and kept them there, albeit by the skin of their teeth but since promotion he failed to improve the squad anywhere near enough. He spent millions on lots of poor players and the general standard of football was poor far too often.

He caused a great deal of damage this season and now he has gone he continues to cause upset and unrest.

Just try and have nothing more to do with the club and leave it alone now Mick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps the best way to attain a Wiganesque escape would have been to follow Wigan's plan of not dispensing with the services of a manager who'd steered them out of a similar position twice before.

The beauty of hindsight eh?
The difference was that Wigan were still playing good football and we weren't.

Back
Top Bottom