Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Just a “Feeder Club”

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
giphy.gif

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes let's go back to signing crap championship players and being a crap championship team.

Wake up !

Buy a player for 15 mil - sell for 30 plus

Replace with a player for less than you sold the player for.

Example -

Leicester sold Maguire for 80mil

Replaced with Çağlar Söyüncü for 18 mil

RedFlagWolf

Reaction score
….. “Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated”

We are a shop window club to satisfy the avarice of the likes of Mendes and Co.
Welcome to Molineux Mix my Tottenham friend!

You will find many of the natives friendly enough, but as with all football related forums you will see extremes of optimism and pessimism!

Whilst here at Wolves we have used the Mendez influence effectively to date (we ain’t always been Premier League you know) I’m not sure how it will work for you, although I believe Moutinho was also friendly with Mendes and his portfolio (similar to our new man Bruno).

Nuno is a great bloke and I hope he does well for you (not to well obviously). You have certainly not been cheated!

I don’t think you will become a feeder club, after all we at Wolves are not, and despite certain views, are still in a stronger position than in my 45 plus years of following!

Great stadium by the way, we have a interesting thread on the Mix which if you follow closely enough repeats itself every third month….we have just past Asda but not collected £200 or found a Community Chest!

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been out feeder fishing today and was having a cracking day catching a bite a chuck, that was until Mendes turned up sky lining my swim and the bites just dried up. :mad:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean....I'd have taken this when we were battling to stay in the Championship

If you get in bed with the devil, don't be surprised when he flips you over!

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he was a Mendes-man and due for the next port of call, don't you think?
Absolutely, Mendes rang him up last august and said “Nuno, serve up 40 games of defensive, mind numbing dross, the kind that’s not been seems since Glenn Hoddle had your job, get sacked and I’ll get you the Spurs job. I’ve just got off the phone to Jose who has agreed to do the same thing”

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah what club isn’t in the shop window? Mendes has helped us more than not get over it

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm of the opinion yes we are 100%.......BUT it could be worse to be fair.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes has helped us more than not get over it
Interestingly helped us to where they needed us to be but not a lot since.

Like I say it could definitely be worse than being a premier league mid table feeder club relying on constant tv money and improving/moving on young players....................I feel it will get boring quite quickly but lets see.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Welcome to Molineux Mix my Tottenham friend!

You will find many of the natives friendly enough, but as with all football related forums you will see extremes of optimism and pessimism!

Whilst here at Wolves we have used the Mendez influence effectively to date (we ain’t always been Premier League you know) I’m not sure how it will work for you, although I believe Moutinho was also friendly with Mendes and his portfolio (similar to our new man Bruno).

Nuno is a great bloke and I hope he does well for you (not to well obviously). You have certainly not been cheated!

I don’t think you will become a feeder club, after all we at Wolves are not, and despite certain views, are still in a stronger position than in my 45 plus years of following!

Great stadium by the way, we have a interesting thread on the Mix which if you follow closely enough repeats itself every third month….we have just past Asda but not collected £200 or found a Community Chest!
But just thinking outside the box for a minute, all that land Asda have would surely help us to build a bigger stadium?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes let's go back to signing crap championship players and being a crap championship team.

Wake up !

Buy a player for 15 mil - sell for 30 plus

Replace with a player for less than you sold the player for.

Example -

Leicester sold Maguire for 80mil

Replaced with Çağlar Söyüncü for 18 mil

And having spent £18m on Maguire initially, they basically swapped Maguire for Soyuncu for a net profit of £62m!!

Over a period of 4 seasons, they made £207m selling Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez and Maguire.

Over the same period they've spent £17m on Ndidi, £25m on Iheanacho, £25m on Maddison, £25m on Pereira, £3.5m on Evans, £32m on Tielemans, £30m on Fofana, £21m on Castagne, £6m on Justin, £12.5m on Danny Ward and £30m on Perez.

Those players now make up the bulk of their squad for a net spend of £20m!

The Leicester, Red Bull, Dortmund models are exactly the kind of models we need to be following.

That will involve selling our highest valued assets for £30m+ and for every one we sell, buying a couple of players in the bracket down from that for £15-20m.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And having spent £18m on Maguire initially, they basically swapped Maguire for Soyuncu for a net profit of £62m!!

Over a period of 4 seasons, they made £207m selling Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez and Maguire.

Over the same period they've spent £17m on Ndidi, £25m on Iheanacho, £25m on Maddison, £25m on Pereira, £3.5m on Evans, £32m on Tielemans, £30m on Fofana, £21m on Castagne, £6m on Justin, £12.5m on Danny Ward and £30m on Perez.

Those players now make up the bulk of their squad for a net spend of £20m!

The Leicester, Red Bull, Dortmund models are exactly the kind of models we need to be following.

That will involve selling our highest valued assets for £30m+ and for every one we sell, buying a couple of players in the bracket down from that for £15-20m.

Im all for selling players on at a profit and spending less to get their replacements in........ as long as their replacements are of the same standard or better, or else you'll never progress.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But just thinking outside the box for a minute, all that land Asda have would surely help us to build a bigger stadium?

I was thinking this. It's much cheaper to build a new stadium from scratch than it is to develop an existing one. But the resistance from fans of moving to a new site is understandable. I'm in the camp where I think we need a new stadium, but don't want to move from the existing site.

With the ASDA land, we could potentially build a new stadium that overlaps the existing site, meaning we could start the build and keep the old stadium fully or partially open.

Below is an aerial shot of the site with Arsenal's 60,000 capacity Emirates Stadium in the ASDA space, overlapping the existing North Bank and Steve Bull corner.

New Molineux.jpg

Last edited:

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
are we a feeder club ?

yes absolutely, have you now seen our feed the pack initiative ?

or was that not what you meant :)

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
are we a feeder club ?

yes absolutely, have you now seen our feed the pack initiative ?

or was that not what you meant :)

The word 'feeder' just gives me flashbacks to the Channel 4 Documentary 'Fat Girls and Feeders' which was an hour of some of the most appalling scenes ever to make it to TV.

A particular lowlight was the 50 stone woman whose partner would feed her 10s of thousands of calories a day through a funnel :weary:

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I was thinking this. It's much cheaper to build a new stadium from scratch than it is to develop an existing one. But the resistance from fans of moving to a new site is understandable. I'm in the camp where I think we need a new stadium, but don't want to move from the existing site.

With the ASDA land, we could potentially build a new stadium that overlaps the existing site, meaning we could start the build and keep the old stadium fully or partially open.

Below is an aerial shot of the site with Arsenal's 60,000 capacity Emirates Stadium in the ASDA space, overlapping the existing North Bank and Steve Bull corner.

View attachment 22191
Yes it could work but don’t forget we are hemmed in at the moment .Car parking is available but in effect there are limited access and egress routes to and from the ground
Nothing is insurmountable but such a build would require a massive road infrastructure upgrade to facilitate something of that magnitude.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The word 'feeder' just gives me flashbacks to the Channel 4 Documentary 'Fat Girls and Feeders' which was an hour of some of the most appalling scenes ever to make it to TV.

A particular lowlight was the 50 stone woman whose partner would feed her 10s of thousands of calories a day through a funnel :weary:
there's an image I didn't want in my head, thanks :anguished:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No . Fosun have bought a shed load of players . We sold Jota and then ……………..

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every club in the world is a feeder club, until the player gets to Real Madrid or Barcelona. Even then, they're at risk of PSG and now maybe Man City taking their best players.

That's football.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Preferred the days we were a feeder club for Bournemouth, Stoke, & Crystal Palace :rolleyes:

alternative take: Coach not good enough for Wolves washes up at Spurs...

Back
Top Bottom