Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

JR Bellegarde

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is where having an ex-pro in the booth would make a big difference. Every pundit I've seen has said that was a red and Coufal had gone in to 'do him', they can read the intent because they know what it's like on the pitch. A ref looks at it and thinks "oh, well I can kind of understand why his arm might have been there, it might not have been deliberate". Context is everything and refs don't get it
He went to do him agreed, was actually going to elbow, only did the forearm

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wrong. They were shown. Shearer and Wright thought it was outrageous that no red card was shown.
We played crap and there is no getting away from that but we should have been able to get back in the game, once again, if the ref and VAR had done their job properly and WHU had gone down to 10 or even 9 men.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to me that WHU had noted what happened at Luton and decided to target him to try and get a reaction and get him sent off
Agreed, it wasn't really wasn't a performance where he'd been "taking the ****" or a firery and it's a reaction.

Seemed calculated, which is rather disgusting from Moyes/West Ham on how they went about executing it.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Got absolutely assaulted numerous times yesterday, fair play for keeping his composure despite all that.
Thought he was poor in the first half, but came into the game well second half. I don't think playing on the left helps him. I think we need to play 3-5-2 with him in the centre, behind Cunha and Hwang for now. Then take one of Gomes or Lemina for Sarabia and go 3-4-3 if we're chasing the game.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ref Watch Sky SN Dermot Gallagher, Sue Smith and Jay Bothroyd say Coufal should have been red carded for elbow on JRB ...

In fact they say he could have been red Carded twice for the other later challenge where he did receive a yellow!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JRB was totally ineffective yesterday, but sadly, he wasn't the only one. Didn't see the elbowing incidents, so can't comment, but Bellegarde definitely wasn't suited to the role that GON had him play.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I really think Wolves and GON should come out and make a statement around this. Fair enough that imbecile in the middle didn't see it but the bias of var right now is bordering on criminal.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's like it's written in the contract all our managers sign since Fosun took over. "Whenever a player starts to look good, put him out as wide as possible to make him ineffective". Does the "Horseshoe" have some special symbolic significance in China? Because it doesn't matter what they start with, we drift to playing Horseshoe of Doom under all our managers and the only common connection is the owners.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JRB was totally ineffective yesterday, but sadly, he wasn't the only one. Didn't see the elbowing incidents, so can't comment, but Bellegarde definitely wasn't suited to the role that GON had him play.
You didn't see the 2 assaults on JRB where he needed long medical treatment concussion possible??

You must be like VAR who looked at the first and worst one turning a blind eye to it..

A defo red card as all ex pro players refs and pundits have said it should have been!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really think Wolves and GON should come out and make a statement around this. Fair enough that imbecile in the middle didn't see it but the bias of var right now is bordering on criminal.

Could they just ask the question in a formal way? Present the evidence to the PGMOL and ask "why is this challenge acceptable?". I would like to know the official answer. Maybe there is some clause in the rules that us plebs aren't aware of? Who knows?

From the referee , a reply of "It should have been a red, but I admit I didn't see it", is not ideal but understandable. For VAR to say they didn't see it is ludicrous.

loppers86

Reaction score
Do all goals get var checked for offside or does it need to be a clear and obvious error?

Regardless of that, both decisions for Coufal were obviously errors.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can complain all we like, but it won't make any difference. The PGMOL are seen by the PL and see themselves as part of the glitzy Sky-PL conglomerate that constantly tells us and itself that the PL and all its works are the best in the world. Boat rockers are not wanted and will be dealt with. The views of a few Chavs from the West Midlands and other ex-industrial dumps who are there to make up the number won't be listened to, let alone heeded. Get used to it. This is definitely my last season as an STH. The Chinese tourists can have my seat. They are welcome to it.
It’s a sad state of affairs that you’ve been going so long and they’ve reduced you to feeling like this.
I can fully understand you feeling that way though and I dare say there will be others with similar thoughts. I haven’t reached that point yet but I’m certainly disillusioned with the way the game is going. God knows what it will be like in a few years or how much they’ll expect us to pay for the privilege :(.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ref Watch Sky SN Dermot Gallagher, Sue Smith and Jay Bothroyd say Coufal should have been red carded for elbow on JRB ...

In fact they say he could have been red Carded twice for the other later challenge where he did receive a yellow!
Incredible. What was the score at this point?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's like it's written in the contract all our managers sign since Fosun took over. "Whenever a player starts to look good, put him out as wide as possible to make him ineffective". Does the "Horseshoe" have some special symbolic significance in China? Because it doesn't matter what they start with, we drift to playing Horseshoe of Doom under all our managers and the only common connection is the owners.
Hwang !

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Bellegarde was missing on Sunday due to the sickness bug that has affected the side. Silva and Traore were also out for the same reason.
We have all had this S & D, cough/cold/achy etc for well over a week, I'm struggling to walk let alone play footie, fingers crossed they make a quicker recovery

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Staggering how anyone can watch this and worry about the man we’ve got in charge of our football club.

What a brilliantly articulate, level headed gaffer he is.
Totally thought the same when I heard that. I was unsure at the appointment of course due to his relatively low managerial profile and southern background but now I can see how well he must have interviewed and I can see some improvements on the pitch to back it up. The group is working hard together and achieving some great results from which we can hopefully kick on from.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tested positive for covid on Monday the 18th and tested negative on Friday the 22nd, 23rd and 24th. Really passed by without much discomfort.

I am glad you are OK mate. It's just amazing just how Covid effects different people in different ways. I had it Christmas 2021 and it nearly killed me. I was floored for 3 months.

Let's hope the lads that have come down with this bug are feeling better.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am glad you are OK mate. It's just amazing just how Covid effects different people in different ways. I had it Christmas 2021 and it nearly killed me. I was floored for 3 months.

The covid effects are definitely very varied. I also had it Christmas 2021 and it was next to nothing, the omicron wave I think. I only took the test because of not wanting to give it to the family for Christmas, I spent the holidays in the basement being delivered food and beer to the top of the stairs.
The second time was October just gone, it was quite a bit worse, I had a high fever felt like absolute crap, Advil did nothing, following advice from @bod101 I took Tylenol and within 2-3 hours the fever abated and felt much better, just cold type symptoms lasted about a week.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Staggering how anyone can watch this and worry about the man we’ve got in charge of our football club.

What a brilliantly articulate, level headed gaffer he is.
That’s a superb interview- I love how detailed he is, and how he’s considering how he can improve individuals and the group - and aware that he’s asking for complex movement and patterns and how that can affect players.

He’s a very clever football man.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Had it in November and was Kay’ laid out for a good 2/3 weeks, never known anything like it, so much exhaustion. I’m relatively fit and healthy!

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been laid low since the Forest game. Couldn't even travel over for the West Ham game I was that bad. Still not fully over it. Headaches, then aches and pains all over. Head and throat blocked up. Worst Ive ever had. Tested negative twice for Covid.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another goal he’s fitting in very nicely
Needs to do better in terms of the defensive side of the game but he'll hopefully learn that over time. No doubt he's a danger with the ball and tidy in terms of his movement.

The French market is the place to buy at the moment, some very good and affordable footballers in it. I expect us to dip into it further in January.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really like him. We've struggled to see the best of him but like bueno and sarabia I think it unfair to judge until he's had a season in the prem. None of these players were ready for us.

Gomes kind of worked straight away but it's only now that we're really seeing his best.

I actually think our transfers for the last 12 months have been excellent. I rate doyle as well - certainly useful backup. Doherty's 3 year contract was 1 year too long but if that's our only issue...

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been laid low since the Forest game. Couldn't even travel over for the West Ham game I was that bad. Still not fully over it. Headaches, then aches and pains all over. Head and throat blocked up. Worst Ive ever had. Tested negative twice for Covid.
Sorry to hear Tony, but the latest results should speed your full recovery!!

It’s hard to keep a good man down!

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
France seems like an affordable market for players.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is quick but looked even quicker last night.

I hadn't seen much of him before last night, what struck me the most was his pace. Admittedly he was fresh compared those playing the full game, but he skinned his opponent a few times, made up a yard and gapped him by another yard. Kept the ball under control as well.

Back
Top Bottom