Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

JR Bellegarde

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a direct comparison as obviously Nunes was playing in a better league, but Bellegarde outperformed him last season in take-ons, successful take-ons, carries, carrying distance, progressive carrying distance, progressive carries, carries into the final 3rd and carries into the penalty area.

Obviously not guaranteed to be as good as him but on paper looks an excellent like-for-like replacement.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
But will GON know what to do with him?

That kind of goes with most of our recent signings, which Hobbs seems to know best?
I doubt Gary has a clue how most of them will fit in, but I’m sure he’ll do his best until he is possibly replaced in January!
I hope I’m soooo wrong!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If our contingent are still on the way there then how is this deal going to get done in time?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If our contingent are still on the way there then how is this deal going to get done in time?
You only have to put paper work in before 11.....and you get an extension if required ...it's 4/5 hours I think.....as long as both clubs signature and the players signature are in....

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But will GON know what to do with him?

That kind of goes with most of our recent signings, which Hobbs seems to know best?
I doubt Gary has a clue how most of them will fit in, but I’m sure he’ll do his best until he is possibly replaced in January!
I hope I’m soooo wrong!
It will take time and that we must give him to get these players to gel. If we can hold on for the first part of the season then the second half should see us through.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You only have to put paper work in before 11.....and you get an extension if required ...it's 4/5 hours I think.....as long as both clubs signature and the players signature are in....

Cheers. I think the French window closes at 10pm unless I am wrong.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised Chelsea don't have FFP issues .
Apparently the minibus broken down as the got off the ferry. So this one will be a tight call

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A flight from Birmingham landed at Strasbourg about ten minutes ago PTN878. Perhaps Hobbs and the Wolves group were on-board.
The plane was a Pilatus PC24. Capacity is about 8 people.
PTN 879 scheduled to depart Strasbourg tomorrow morning at 10am for Birmingham. Is this the group returning?

Last edited:

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A flight from Birmingham landed at Strasbourg about ten minutes ago PTN878. Perhaps Hobbs was on-board.
B****r heard there’s a train strike, passport control are having a tea break and luggage control are currently checking some funny objects being carried over and they cannot get to ground on time.

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Per BBC...

"Premier League clubs only have to get a deal sheet in with the Premier League by the 23:00 BST deadline and they have extra time then to get the deals finalised.

So we could still be sitting here at 3am waiting for Wolves to confirm the signing of that Strasbourg fella."

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Correct. You can get an extension if the deal is agreed but the paperwork not completed.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Deal Sheet - if submitted before 11pm, can give us an extra 2 hours for International transfers.

So if put it through to be on the safe side at 10:30pm, the club will have till 12:30am to get it done.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Per BBC...

"Premier League clubs only have to get a deal sheet in with the Premier League by the 23:00 BST deadline and they have extra time then to get the deals finalised.

So we could still be sitting here at 3am waiting for Wolves to confirm the signing of that Strasbourg fella."

Oh well. Beers are ready.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a direct comparison as obviously Nunes was playing in a better league, but Bellegarde outperformed him last season in take-ons, successful take-ons, carries, carrying distance, progressive carrying distance, progressive carries, carries into the final 3rd and carries into the penalty area.

Obviously not guaranteed to be as good as him but on paper looks an excellent like-for-like replacement.

And with 2 goals and 2 assists in 3 games so far this season, his end product might be better too!

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Money ball.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Strasbourg are 5th in the table with 2 wins and 1 draw. Struggling seems harsh, lol. I wish we were struggling if that's the case!
They've played three games this season. They hovered just above the relegation places all of last season.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading their forums, most posters would have rather sold Diarra than Bellegarde. So it looks like we saved a bunch of money and got the better (right now) player.

Obviously Diarra is young and has a ton of potential, but Bellegarde is the one who will help us move up the table today.

SuziQ

Reaction score
The French transfer window closed at 22:00 BST, so fingers crossed all the necessary paperwork was done in time! :grimacing:

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The French transfer window closed at 22:00 BST, so fingers crossed all the necessary paperwork was done in time! :grimacing:
Their window is irrelevant,

It’s the buying clubs window that’s important, Even then it’s only a deal sheet that needs handing in.

Back
Top Bottom