Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

JR Bellegarde

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In case they're crap.

As the buying club, it's surely only a good thing to have the option not to sign them if they don't suit the team, don't settle, get a horror injury? How are you making that into a bad thing?

Imagine if we'd had an obligation to buy Trincao at the end of his season... or imagine if we'd had the option not to buy Guedes!
Because it's not done for that intention. It's done for cash flow problems.

I don't rate Doyle for us but £4.3m doesn't get you a standard Championship player nowadays. Why would we not pay that now?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
€8m offer - hilarious.

We've got to stop messing about. Clearly not serious, and, IMO, clearly still have money issues. Why are we loaning Doyle and Adams and not signing them now? Still cash problems.

£15m outlay after £150m brought in for a Premier League club is insane.
A low opening bid, given that he can walk for nothing next summer, is unsurprising. I don't get why some of our fans expect that to happen to us but moan if we do it ourselves.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where did I say I want us to spend a 'huge amount'?

I would like us to sign Bellagarde, realistically. So that means not offering a laughable €8m for a key player at a top-flight club on deadline day when they likely won't be able to get a replacement.
It's called negotiation. Having done a lot of it, wolves are doing nothing wrong here and neither did man city.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don't rate Doyle for us but £4.3m doesn't get you a standard Championship player nowadays. Why would we not pay that now?

So it's got multiple benefits.

We've done this throughout our time in the PL, and it's worked very well for us.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because Cole Palmer is a brilliant player, and Doyle was reduced (fee not payable until next year either) as part of the overall Nunes package (also inc a reduced fee for S Bueno from CFG owned Girona).
Whoosh!!!!

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Eh? Loan now option later makes absolute sense and paying now regardless does not. It also does not indicate cashflow problems, it can certainly indicate playing the ffp game and benefiting from holding cash / not taking on debt at a time of high rates.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if we’ll do what we did with Bouba. Send a medical team over to France, and keep haggling over a fee until the final hours of the window.

I don’t mind us trying to get him for what the club perceive as fair value, but at the same time, if we don’t get him in the squad is looking a little thin without a Nunes replacement. Serious risk of that now.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but never mind....

Initially it was reported (The Athletic I think) that the Nunes fee was £47m, but it would all be paid upfront. This would save Wolves potentially taking a loan against future payments that would have cost about £6m.

The next day we were told that the fee had increased to £53m.

Did anyone say if that was because we'd taken the higher payment rather than the upfront fee?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully we have another option lined up if Strasbourg (who now have the Chelsea machine behind them) can afford to reject bids all day.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but never mind....

Initially it was reported (The Athletic I think) that the Nunes fee was £47m, but it would all be paid upfront. This would save Wolves potentially taking a loan against future payments that would have cost about £6m.

The next day we were told that the fee had increased to £53m.

Did anyone say if that was because we'd taken the higher payment rather than the upfront fee?

City reporter suggested they were happy to pay the higher fee in return for more favourable payment terms.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully we have another option lined up if Strasbourg (who now have the Chelsea machine behind them) can afford to reject bids all day.

Not really, he’s in the final year of his contract and won’t sign an extension. He can sign a pre contract in Jan and leave next summer on a free. This is a case of us having multiple options in play, and standing our ground.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if we’ll do what we did with Bouba. Send a medical team over to France, and keep haggling over a fee until the final hours of the window.

I don’t mind us trying to get him for what the club perceive as fair value, but at the same time, if we don’t get him in the squad is looking a little thin without a Nunes replacement. Serious risk of that now.
It seems the Strasbourg President is a stubborn bugg** and a deal is looking less and less likely as the minutes go by. Might depend on the player really having a strop a la Nunes.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Strasbourg dont get a penny from Chelsea from what their fans were saying, they actually need the money,

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's called negotiation. Having done a lot of it, wolves are doing nothing wrong here and neither did man city.
They're wasting time, which we don't have much of.

€8m was never going to get accepted, like £4m for Reed was not going to be accepted.

If we get these players, which will be at a much higher fee than mentioned above, fair enough. If we don't, it makes it look as those these ridiculously low bids are not serious, and we had no intention of signing them at all.

Ultimately, we shall see at 11pm. I don't really think we need Reed, but we desperately need Bellegarde, and Adams (or suitable alternatives)

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
€8m offer - hilarious.

We've got to stop messing about. Clearly not serious, and, IMO, clearly still have money issues. Why are we loaning Doyle and Adams and not signing them now? Still cash problems.

£15m outlay after £150m brought in for a Premier League club is insane.
Since when has good cash-flow management been 'insane' ? Expect our derisory opening offer for Bellegarde to be increased later on.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since when has good cash-flow management been 'insane' ? Expect our derisory opening offer for Bellegarde to be increased later on.
The point was it's insane to make a derisory offer, which I agree with, on deadline day, when we should have money available.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're wasting time, which we don't have much of.

€8m was never going to get accepted, like £4m for Reed was not going to be accepted.

If we get these players, which will be at a much higher fee than mentioned above, fair enough. If we don't, it makes it look as those these ridiculously low bids are not serious, and we had no intention of signing them at all.

Ultimately, we shall see at 11pm. I don't really think we need Reed, but we desperately need Bellegarde, and Adams (or suitable alternatives)
That's how negotiations work! My god I'm glad you don't negotiate for me. You'd be such an easy mark. Most negotiatons are on a tight timescale for one reason or another.

It's all about testing the water vs your own valuation of them.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's how negotiations work! My god I'm glad you don't negotiate for me. You'd be such an easy mark. Most negotiatons are on a tight timescale for one reason or another.
All this patronising **** is hilarious, so many think they're Lord Sugar on here.

Everyone knows how negotiations work.

The point is we went in with a stupidly low offer that was always going to be rejected. It was rejected.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just pay up wolves get it done

Agree. Cant afford to be dithering with low ball bids on deadline day. Will have to stump up the cash or we wont get this lad, in my opinion and we are in big need of a ball carrying midfield player now Nunes has gone. Really hope the squad isn't left without a player like this at the end of today.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's all about testing the water vs your own valuation of them.
Negotiation 101, to use the US vernacular, is that if someone accepts your opening bid then you probably offered too much....

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
All this patronising **** is hilarious, so many think they're Lord Sugar on here.

The point is we went in with a stupidly low offer that was always going to be rejected. It was rejected.
Guess it depends if they say 'oh do **** off' and block your number or 'come of it, we're not letting him go for less than €25m'

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The thing is if you start to high and they think it’s your low offer they then try to push you higher wasting more time, start low they ask high you meet in the middle shake hands have a drink job done

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guess it depends if they say 'oh do **** off' and block your number or 'come of it, we're not letting him go for less than €25m'
Yep. I presume because of his contract they will have to negotiate.

However, considering we're pretty desperate (IMO), I would rather we stop messing about and at least make a serious offer considering there is less than 11 hours to go.

In my opinion, around £12-15m looks fair for someone like this, so offering around £6m on deadline day is ridiculous and wasting everyone's time, IMO.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is if you start to high and they think it’s your low offer they then try to push you higher wasting more time, start low they ask high you meet in the middle shake hands have a drink job done

Sort of agree but there isnt much time at all now.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So WWFC have phoned you and told you the details of all our dealings ?
Wo what are you trying to say to me Pauly boy? That the club that has sold Neves, Collins, Coady and has reduced the wage bill by hundreds of thousands of pounds a week, doesn't have money available?

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wo what are you trying to say to me Pauly boy? That the club that has sold Neves, Collins, Coady and has reduced the wage bill by hundreds of thousands of pounds a week, doesn't have money available?
No I think thats what you are saying--oh and my name isnt Pauly boy.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's no pressure on us with this one. Basically, Strasbourg have just over 10 hours to either make some money from this guy or see him eventually walk off into the distance for nothing. What would you do ?

Back
Top Bottom