Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jota

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given the season he and Liverpool have had, combined with their incomings , he will surely be part of the summer cull along with Firmino.
Italy bound perhaps?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's just not suited to the way Liverpool play imo. He lacks the raw pace to play like how Liverpool want their wide forwards to play and his first touch has always been a bit dodgy, when they need forward players who can receive the ball under immense pressure and still somehow get the pass off or avoid tackles in packed boxes.

He'd be far better suited to a team that isn't on the front foot so much and where he'd play deeper and pick up the ball and run with it, or playing on the break, which he's very good at.

The bad injury he got hasn't helped either, looked properly off the pace when I've seen him this season. Maybe a proper pre-season under his belt will help, if they don't give rid.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was a sell on clause included in the deal when he signed for Liverpool?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did I hear wrong or has he gone something like thirty club games without a goal? He was always streaky but that's another level

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d take him back but unfortunately Liverpool would want to do swap with players not sure I’d want to give them anyone after how they handled this deal last time.

We can give them 15m plus Raul Jimenez

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Love his tenacity and drive. One of those players that people like to say was worse than he was, as if other top footballers don't have hot and cold streaks as well. A bit like if your best mate's supermodel girlfriend breaks it off and you all go on saying she wasn't that fit to cheer him up.

On his day he's undeniable, but time to move on.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Imagine finally replacing Jota…with Jota. We absolutely still need that type of player. Maybe it’s Cunha.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang was more like Jota, especially when he first signed and played off Jiminez as Jota used to.

They both have that aggressive style.

I thought Hwang did very well when he came off the bench, but I'm yet to see that level of impact over 90 minutes.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Said a few weeks ago, if we part-ex him back in a Nunes deal I'd be over the Moon. Always at risk of injury as he's so physical and yes a bit of a streak player for goals, but what a player on his day.

Reactions: Ian

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies for the clickbait link but clearly, not any more!

So guess he's at 32 without a goal now

Covid put a curse on our squad in March 2020!

the curse of injuries sometimes goes on long after a player is deemed fit to play, they begin to break down with other injuries due to overcompensating and putting extra pressure elsewhere to fix the previous injury, or trying too hard and breaking down again.
Jota's had so many niggling injuries and so much disruption, he needs another 6 months to sharpen up and get his body balanced to eliminate any other weaknesses.
Same goes for Neto, I think he was a bigger talent and he hasn't got his searing pace back yet

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bad spell or not towards the end of his time here, he was generally brilliant for us, and I think we miss him more than many realize.

He was pivotal in us driving forward as a counterattacking unit. For all of Traore’s pace, ironically he slows us down as a whole, because his preference is to stand his man up then go past him, which often allows other defenders to get into position to mark men on the crosses that come in*. Whereas Jota used to just run directly at defenders who would either need to foul him or let him by more often than not (FA Cup QF = exhibit A).

*don’t get me wrong, he can be VERY effective.

kentish wolf

Reaction score
I rated Jota highly and I was gutted when he left but I very much doubt that he will return to us.
He will go abroad or another top 7 club imho.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have said, I'd have him back here in a heartbeat. I think he'd suit what Julen wants from his forwards, pressing from the front, and he's more suited to playing as an inverted forward rather than a winger as well. I know he's had injury issues, but after we just spent the best part of £30m on Guedes, I'd absolutely have a player like Jota back at the club who fights for everything and would add goals.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did I hear wrong or has he gone something like thirty club games without a goal? He was always streaky but that's another level
My mate who's a Liverpool fan was raving about him just after he signed and was banging them in for fun. I warned him that he'd love him now, but at the best of times he goes through serious cold streaks and at worst downs tools like he did at the end of his time at Wolves (when he was fourth choice wide forward). He's had injuries too, but I get the impression his time might be up at Anfield.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back to Atletico would be a solid move for him. He'll get much better offers than a return to Molineux anyway.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
My mate who's a Liverpool fan was raving about him just after he signed and was banging them in for fun. I warned him that he'd love him now, but at the best of times he goes through serious cold streaks and at worst downs tools like he did at the end of his time at Wolves (when he was fourth choice wide forward). He's had injuries too, but I get the impression his time might be up at Anfield.
Incredibly harsh to say he 'downed tools'.

He was always a very professional, hard working and honest player and in my opinion it was crazy to not be playing him every week in the last few months of his wolves career.

The only players who don't go through the kind of spell he is currently, are the likes of Messi and Ronaldo and that is what marks them out as the best of the last couple of decades.

Jota is a top class player who nearly every club in Europe would want in their squad and he became that talent at Wolves which is great.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I read that they were looking to unload him in the summer and were looking for around £60m
Also read that Man Utd were keen to sell McTominey and wanted £50m for him.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incredibly harsh to say he 'downed tools'.

He was always a very professional, hard working and honest player and in my opinion it was crazy to not be playing him every week in the last few months of his wolves career.

The only players who don't go through the kind of spell he is currently, are the likes of Messi and Ronaldo and that is what marks them out as the best of the last couple of decades.

Jota is a top class player who nearly every club in Europe would want in their squad and he became that talent at Wolves which is great.
Maybe downed tools is a little harsh, perhaps had difficulties in motivating himself is more apt. He strikes me as a moody player. For me he was for me a distant fourth behind prime Traore, an injury-free Neto, and Podence at that stage, and did little of note by the end - 4 goals in his last 20 league games, two of which were in one game against rock bottom Norwich. I found him incredibly frustrating in how he kept repeating the same mistakes, like hurtling headlong into three opponents rather than lay it off at the right moment. Spiers said that Jota was sold because the club felt he had ‘hit a ceiling’ - which I can totally see.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Maybe downed tools is a little harsh, perhaps had difficulties in motivating himself is more apt. He strikes me as a moody player. For me he was for me a distant fourth behind prime Traore, an injury-free Neto, and Podence at that stage, and did little of note by the end - 4 goals in his last 20 league games, two of which were in one game against rock bottom Norwich. I found him incredibly frustrating in how he kept repeating the same mistakes, like hurtling headlong into three opponents rather than lay it off at the right moment. Spiers said that Jota was sold because the club felt he had ‘hit a ceiling’ - which I can totally see.
I thought the 'he has hit it a ceiling' stuff was a load of tosh to be honest.I think that was code for, 'we've been offered an amount of money we aren't prepared to refuse' (which was completely fair enough).

I personally think that an in form jota was the most devastating player we had in the nuna era, evidenced by the fact he's the only player that one of the big boys were prepared to dip into their pockets for.We only ever used to put 2 or 3 past teams when he was on song.

I appreciate you would probably say that he wasn't 'in form' enough, but for me that was mainly down to nunos's tactics.

Anyway, his form for Liverpool will turn once he gets back to full fitness, of that I have no doubt.Good luck to him!

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah you heard wrong. It's 31 games.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's just not suited to the way Liverpool play imo. He lacks the raw pace to play like how Liverpool want their wide forwards to play and his first touch has always been a bit dodgy, when they need forward players who can receive the ball under immense pressure and still somehow get the pass off or avoid tackles in packed boxes.

He'd be far better suited to a team that isn't on the front foot so much and where he'd play deeper and pick up the ball and run with it, or playing on the break, which he's very good at.
Eaxctly. He's far better suited to us. And he always was a Wolf all along. Back in the summer, please.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's a slightly better version of Podence, i.e.
  • is frustrating as he can be both a world beater in one game and completely useless in the other
  • he gets injured almost every time he hits the right form and starts to produce on a more regular basis
  • is often too selfish with the ball
In fact Jota was brilliant for us mainly during: both ends of the Championship season, 1st season in Premier League since December onwards and European games. Other than that he was mediocre. We got a very good fee for him. Time to move on.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
  • is frustrating as he can be both a world beater in one game and completely useless in the other
  • he gets injured almost every time he hits the right form and starts to produce on a more regular basis
In fact Jota was brilliant for us mainly during: both ends of the Championship season, 1st season in Premier League since December onwards and European games. Other than that he was mediocre. We got a very good fee for him. Time to move on.
I seem to remember he was a slow starter every season, but then between November and January he was on a hot streak and almost unplayable. Then at the end of the season he was more subdued, but still very good in patches...

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't you say he was a much more physical player than podence?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I read that they were looking to unload him in the summer and were looking for around £60m
Also read that Man Utd were keen to sell McTominey and wanted £50m for him.
If they got 50 mill for him I would want that guy who managed to get the fee to come here and negotiate for our transfers. :D

Back
Top Bottom