Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jose Sa

Nige

Reaction score
Some Said Shi and Guo were at the game today. If so Im glad the ground emptied before full time and there were boos at the end.. you reap what you sow and after a solid start Fosun have lost their way.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course back to Semedo zzzzzzz
Did he have a good game of course not, was he excellent Vs Man Utd yes

Did we as a team and GON as a coaching team make the exact same tactical mistake as in the same fixture last season ?, yes they did

Which is essentially not dealing with the overload on the left side. Allowing Brighton to stretch play and then between estupian, Mitoma have a 2 vs 1 Vs Semedo with Neto not tracking back. It’s far too simplistic to say goals came down Mitomas side therefore semedo at fault. He was isolated and had no support, we as a club didn’t deal with the speed of movement, passing and play that Brighton used on occasions.
He has been weak far more than he has been good his entire time at the club……

the issue is everyone attacks us down that wing….. he gets exploited the same way multiple times a game every week and he never learns.

I think Sa while needing an upgrade, didn’t deserve a thread like this one after today when semedo was significantly worse and to blame for three goals

floydstreet

Reaction score
Three goals you are blaming on Semedo wow ! Not calling out Dawson or lemina giving the call away or lack of support from neto ??

Seriously think you have an agenda against him. He had a rough day at the office, but expecting him to mark two players every time they attacked is impossible. Right side of midfield have zero protection and support

The fact we didn’t learn about it after last season is cracy.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Three goals you are blaming on Semedo wow !

Seriously think you have an agenda against him. He had a rough day at the office, but expecting him to mark two players every time they attacked is impossible. Right side of midfield have zero protection and support

The fact we didn’t learn about it after last season is cracy.
Yup….. he has had very few “good days” in his time here for a nearly £27m signing and over the top wages.

First goal down to him being ghosted far too easily, the fourth one he is jogging behind the guy who gets infront of him and somehow passes it in unopposed as he doesn’t have any urgency or ability to read the run of an attacker.

Third goal he is caught too far upfield, ball played into where he should be and he makes zero effort to get back when everyone else is sprinting and he is only just jogging back into the wide angle shot when the ball has smashed the net.

I find it hilarious people defend the guy who is exposed week after week multiple times a game in the same way with passes in behind, his walkingt paced jog to get back when everyone else is sprinting to cover the hole he leaves behind and how many goals and assist come from his man or a move that broke past him in his side of the defence.

look objectively at how many goals and chances we give up because he loses his man or doesn’t have the commitment to get back
With any urgency.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Him turning on the crowd today is extremely amateurish, especially given the fact that the ball was very much still in play only around 10 yards away from him.

I can remember Paul Jones the GK taking a swipe at the crowd, and getting pelters for it.

Sa turning on the crowd plus Nunes' multiple losses of his head today points to an overall lack of discipline within the camp,which is very worrying this early in the season.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think his head or is heart is at Wolves at the minute.
After the last lousy couple seasons, I wonder if others feel the same way.
Let’s face it….…a player has a very short career window. How many would want to stay in a team that can’t score goals, came closish to relegation last season, maybe again this season, JL leaves and a coach with not much PL experience replaces him…………...

…………………of course they’re all thinking/discussing their options with their wives, agents, trusted friends and families.

Many Mixers are saying that Wolves are a shambles………then why wouldn’t a player want to leave?

From a professional players point of view, Wolves may be considered a Titanic.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa being criticised mainly for what he does with his feet as opposed to his hands just sums up the nonsense of modern day football for me.

Call me old fashioned but I remember a time when goal keepers were judged on making saves, not how many kick ups they can do.
Full backs were meant to nullify the opposition winger, and support theirs when they could. Not be judged on goals and assists.
Crazy I know but I also prefer centre halves who can defend as opposed to ones who can clip the odd 50 yard ball to their ‘inverted’ winger.
On the subject of inverted wingers, they are just right and left midfielders being asked to use their weaker foot occasionally.
Forwards who can press but rarely score, we have them by the bucket load. Personally I preferred Stephen George Bull who ran defenders ragged and then stuck it in the net.
High block, low block, double pivot. All absolute *******s spouted non stop by a generation of gimps who have spent all their lives in the back bedroom playing FIFA and discussing football online that they now think they are the reincarnation of Rinus Michels.

Problem is, Pep has basically ruined it for everyone as, instead of focussing on things that actually matter in football, ie, keeping the ball as far away as possible from your goal and then banging it in the oppositions, we now get nonsense stats thrown around like confetti, and every team trying to be a crap version of Man City.

I’m sick to death of it. It’s like the Emperors new cloths. Everyone can see it plainly nonsense, yet, here we all are discussing our goalkeeper’s distribution.

Our problems are simple. We are rubbish at defending and can’t score for ****. Sign a defender and a striker, like 99% of us have banged on about for 2 years, and we would improve exponentially overnight.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some Said Shi and Guo were at the game today. If so Im glad the ground emptied before full time and there were boos at the end.. you reap what you sow and after a solid start Fosun have lost their way.
Are they really gonna give a toss about the ground emptying during the game though Nige?
They've had your money at that point, and at the moment, I'm of the belief that is all they care about.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa being criticised mainly for what he does with his feet as opposed to his hands just sums up the nonsense of modern day football for me.

Call me old fashioned but I remember a time when goal keepers were judged on making saves, not how many kick ups they can do.
Full backs were meant to nullify the opposition winger, and support theirs when they could. Not be judged on goals and assists.
Crazy I know but I also prefer centre halves who can defend as opposed to ones who can clip the odd 50 yard ball to their ‘inverted’ winger.
On the subject of inverted wingers, they are just right and left midfielders being asked to use their weaker foot occasionally.
Forwards who can press but rarely score, we have them by the bucket load. Personally I preferred Stephen George Bull who ran defenders ragged and then stuck it in the net.
High block, low block, double pivot. All absolute *******s spouted non stop by a generation of gimps who have spent all their lives in the back bedroom playing FIFA and discussing football online that they now think they are the reincarnation of Rinus Michels.

Problem is, Pep has basically ruined it for everyone as, instead of focussing on things that actually matter in football, ie, keeping the ball as far away as possible from your goal and then banging it in the oppositions, we now get nonsense stats thrown around like confetti, and every team trying to be a crap version of Man City.

I’m sick to death of it. It’s like the Emperors new cloths. Everyone can see it plainly nonsense, yet, here we all are discussing our goalkeeper’s distribution.

Our problems are simple. We are rubbish at defending and can’t score for ****. Sign a defender and a striker, like 99% of us have banged on about for 2 years, and we would improve exponentially overnight.
I hear what you are saying but we can't afford it, we have wasted our financial chances. I expect there is a 25m final shot left for January and that will include changing the gaffer again.

Rugrats

Reaction score
First season I was buzzing about him, fantastic game after game, - on a par with De Gea and going to be worth a fortune then……

It’s ludicrous to deny his form has dropped off a cliff, I pray he hoofs it as his insane telegraphed passes out from the back immediately put the recipient in trouble - defenders will start to think please not to me if they don’t already. My toes are curled up the whole time he’s looking to distribute it.

He had a golden period, but it’s a dark one now. Sell him, he will not only lose us points he will make everyone around him a bag of nerves which will seep through the team. That’s the last thing we need.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely up there now as one of the worst Premier league goalkeepers, every time the ball is at his feet an accident is incoming.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I'm sure most of Sa's perceived weaknesses are coachable, so you would think some intensive coaching may be on the cards.

As for confidence I imagine our last manager didn't do much to help that.

However nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out and easily the best keeper at the club.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure most of Sa's perceived weaknesses are coachable, so you would think some intensive coaching may be on the cards.

As for confidence I imagine our last manager didn't do much to help that.

However nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out and easily the best keeper at the club.
But at his age, they shouldn’t be as big as they are as they have always been his issues bod.

He isn’t going to improve as you can see Tony R last season put on some excellent sesssions yet he kept making the same mistake over and over again.

And saying he is the best keeper at the club isn’t an achievement right now is it…… the standard is very very low

Johnny5

Reaction score
Him turning on the crowd today is extremely amateurish, especially given the fact that the ball was very much still in play only around 10 yards away from him.

I can remember Paul Jones the GK taking a swipe at the crowd, and getting pelters for it.

Sa turning on the crowd plus Nunes' multiple losses of his head today points to an overall lack of discipline within the camp,which is very worrying this early in the season.
I thought the same. Ridiculous that his concentration was on crowd. So unprofessional

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa's got a confidence issue, semedo I'm with wolfslair - he's such a weak link and you can see how he's targeted almost every week.
Thanks mate! It is the hottest take on here right now hahaha

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Have to say that much as I completely disagree, that is a superb rant!

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

There was a stat last season (or possibly the one before) where a goalkeeper had managed to achieve 0% pass accuracy against Liverpool at Anfield, and a fuss was being made of this. The attempted passes chart showed that the gk was simply lamping the ball upfield every time he had it, and it went to a Liverpool player every time. Hidden in amongst all this meaningless drivel was the score: Liverpool had lost 0-1.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the last lousy couple seasons, I wonder if others feel the same way.
Let’s face it….…a player has a very short career window. How many would want to stay in a team that can’t score goals, came closish to relegation last season, maybe again this season, JL leaves and a coach with not much PL experience replaces him…………...

…………………of course they’re all thinking/discussing their options with their wives, agents, trusted friends and families.

Many Mixers are saying that Wolves are a shambles………then why wouldn’t a player want to leave?

From a professional players point of view, Wolves may be considered a Titanic.
Your last point is very very accurate and the thoughts of many I talk too right now.

They said before they (too 6 clubs) worried we could challenge for some targets and had to over pay or over salary some targets to land them ahead of us. That isn’t the case now!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Big Sam is that you?

Whilst I don’t agree with everything you say, I think there are no new ideas in football. Pep comes from Cryuff, comes from Michels comes from the Hungarians, comes from Austrians cones from Jimmy Hogan.

Everything goes in cycles, once we reach peak possesion / counter pressing some bright spark is going to stick a massive lump up top with a little one off him and bang it long. Then everyone will do it. Then some bright spark will start playing tiki-taka… and round and round and round.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The goalkeeping position is so important in terms of trying to stay up.

I'm still more than happy to stick with Sa as a pure goalkeeper. He's having a thread calling him a clown because of his distribution, after we've lost 4-1 and it didn't directly cost us a goal. I think we have much bigger priorities.

But, I also wouldn't be against him leaving, as long as he's replaced. Someone mentioned he's not mentally with it right now, and I think that's the case. You only have to see his wife/partner posting on Instagram, she absolutely hates it here and doesn't disguise that. Literally put a post crying saying she had to go to a place that isn't home and so on after the holidays this summer. So that can't be easy for him.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The goalkeeping position is so important in terms of trying to stay up.

I'm still more than happy to stick with Sa as a pure goalkeeper. He's having a thread calling him a clown because of his distribution, after we've lost 4-1 and it didn't directly cost us a goal. I think we have much bigger priorities.

But, I also wouldn't be against him leaving, as long as he's replaced. Someone mentioned he's not mentally with it right now, and I think that's the case. You only have to see his wife/partner posting on Instagram, she absolutely hates it here and doesn't disguise that. Literally put a post crying saying she had to go to a place that isn't home and so on after the holidays this summer. So that can't be easy for him.
He was weak positionally and spilled a basic one into a dangerous area Monday after earlier doing his weekly failed sweeper keep
That nearly led to a goal.

He is a weak keeper all round and should have been moved on and replaced in the summer.

He will cost us more points than he saves this season.

Kay WWFC

Reaction score
I think it's about time we bit the bullet and stick Bentley in goal. He looked good away at United last season and if we're being honest, Sa just isn't the same keeper he was 2 years ago

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's about time we bit the bullet and stick Bentley in goal. He looked good away at United last season and if we're being honest, Sa just isn't the same keeper he was 2 years ago
I’d stick with Sa v Everton then let Bentley play in the cup on Tuesday. Depending how those two games go I’d consider sticking with Bentley.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean with how Sa is playing atm, is Bentley an upgrade? Genuine question.

Thought he did OK against United & Everton, except for that error at the end.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You must be joking Bentley is on a par with Boswell the worst goalie I've seen in 65 years supporting.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You must be joking Bentley is on a par with Boswell the worst goalie I've seen in 65 years supporting.

Come to that conclusion after a good performance against united and one mistake against Everton?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know what you mean but you obviously didn't see the King cameo Vs Rennes... Made Bentley look like prime Gordon Banks....

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come to that conclusion after a good performance against united and one mistake against Everton?
Far more than one mistake from what I saw, totally useless on crosses, particularly from corners

Kay WWFC

Reaction score
Very very harsh Bentley has only had the 2 games and played admirably in both, particularly against United

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm glad he is a clown. Could do with some laughs.
And lime Semedo, better than many give him credit for.

Back
Top Bottom