Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jose Sa

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have subbed him at half time. Poor and not good enough.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Complete garbage post no where near the worst player today and should not be in any discussion about the poor performance, many others players miles ahead in terms of criticism.
He was terrible today, as were others

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Complete garbage post no where near the worst player today and should not be in any discussion about the poor performance, many others players miles ahead in terms of criticism.
Who, with the possible exception of Cunha, played well? Do you blame the players or the tactics?

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Who, with the possible exception of Cunha, played well? Do you blame the players or the tactics?
I thought we weren't dreadful first half, we were on par and had enough decent chances to be level. God knows what went on at half time and the mental fragility showed itself as soon as they scored, it looked liked many gave up. Tactically in the second I thought we were poor, we didn't push on milner despite his lack of pace and yellow card and we looked leggy in midfield which wasn't really addressed. I don't think Sa was a reason or contributed to our loss, I think that lay elsewhere and the abuse towards him so far is unwarranted in this game.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we weren't dreadful first half, we were on par and had enough decent chances to be level. God knows what went on at half time and the mental fragility showed itself as soon as they scored, it looked liked many gave up. Tactically in the second I thought we were poor, we didn't push on milner despite his lack of pace and yellow card and we looked leggy in midfield which wasn't really addressed. I don't think Sa was a reason or contributed to our loss, I think that lay elsewhere and the abuse towards him so far is unwarranted in this game.
While he did push the ball out after the initial shot that led to their second it was into a wide position and you'd expect a recent defence to deal with that.

T

TheConcourse

The worst distribution in the league. Has to be. He’s just erratic in every moment. The last thing you want from a keeper is to be erratic.

Whenever the ball goes back my heart rate increases with every touch he takes.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great teams are built from the back. He has a clanger or two him in every single game (and got away with his mistakes today). I wouldn’t pick him out for special criticism today but to think he is not part of our problems is plain deluded.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think all the rumours pre season about him moving have helped, even in the training videos he doesn’t look like he is enjoying being here.
No player intentionally plays badly, but it is crucial we sort this out.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So does Jose Sa.

He is on par when you put everything together in terms of on the ball technique, footwork and shot stopping with messlier who many mock on here.
I'm not saying that l'm happy with Sa. I posted on here before that l was certain that had JL stayed with the resources he'd been promised then a new keeper would have been high up his list.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I noticed that Brighton constantly passed it back to their keeper today. When we pressed them, they calmly passed it between the back 5 and found an out ball.

Not a murmur of discontent from their fans.

Wolves fans panic EVERY time our keeper gets the ball.

Yeah Sa isn’t great but I’m not sure the unnecessary panicking from 30,000 people helps either.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t realise how easy that first save was, he can catch that easily

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The point is that there are no other threads with "A.N. Other" is a clown. Sa is being scapegoated. He looks shaky distributing the ball and playing outfrom the back - as does every single one of them. And none of the goals were his fault. And it's not Sa who keeps missing chance after chance. Or getting sent off for petulance.

D

Deleted member (smith)

One week it’s apologies to Gary O’Neill…same week it’s O’Neill out. Hero to zero in minutes . This board is schizophrenic …that I can take but the constant abuse of our players and the outright ignorance of realities leading to further abuse of management , owners etc adds to the toxicity of the board. I joined hoping to get news and views but I have decided to leave.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Thing is, he isn't rubbish, we know that because we all watched him the season before last. Currently though he's making a lot of poor decisions. Rushing out and poor distribution much more than shot stopping and crosses, where he's pretty solid.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I noticed that Brighton constantly passed it back to their keeper today. When we pressed them, they calmly passed it between the back 5 and found an out ball.

Yeah Sa isn’t great but I’m not sure the unnecessary panicking from 30,000 people helps either.
Brighton fans are used to it and getting good football. Wolves fans haven't seen good football with playing out from the back, so it'll take time. Personally I'm fine with trying it and understand what they're trying to do, but can also understand the panic that sets in

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah it’s definitely the fans’ fault again.

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is, he isn't rubbish, we know that because we all watched him the season before last. Currently though he's making a lot of poor decisions. Rushing out and poor distribution much more than shot stopping and crosses, where he's pretty solid.
He is rubbish, it only took one season for other clubs to pick out how to exploit his weakness with where to shoot e.g play headers down towards his feet or attack the near post and play balls low and hard that force him to come out and sweeper keep.

He is technically very very poor with his footwork and his speed across the floor to change direction is poor because he is too prone to planting his feet flat in the floor rather then loading to the balls of his feet to allow a good dive or ability to spring quickly into a change of direction.

his positioning for shots from distance and where to base himself for anyone coming at him from an angle is weak also.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Good goalkeeper who frankly helped keep us up last season. However the way we want to play, doesn’t suit his ability with his feet.

This style which is everywhere now is trained in academies meaning future goalies will all be great with feet and expect to play like that. Issue witt Sa is of course he wasn’t trained up to do this so is adapting rather than it being a skill of proficiency

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One week it’s apologies to Gary O’Neill…same week it’s O’Neill out. Hero to zero in minutes . This board is schizophrenic …that I can take but the constant abuse of our players and the outright ignorance of realities leading to further abuse of management , owners etc adds to the toxicity of the board. I joined hoping to get news and views but I have decided to leave.
You’ve got views you’ve just decided they’re toxic!

You’re probably best leaving, Google echo chambers they’ll suit you right down to the ground!

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no idea what has happened to him. When he first arrived, his distribution was much better than Rui's (who was also very crap at it). However now, I'd prefer Rui's awful goal kicks to Doc over what Sa is doing.

floydstreet

Reaction score
They are the two weakest players in the front line squad by some distance.
Of course back to Semedo zzzzzzz
Did he have a good game of course not, was he excellent Vs Man Utd yes

Did we as a team and GON as a coaching team make the exact same tactical mistake as in the same fixture last season ?, yes they did

Which is essentially not dealing with the overload on the left side. Allowing Brighton to stretch play and then between estupian, Mitoma have a 2 vs 1 Vs Semedo with Neto not tracking back. It’s far too simplistic to say goals came down Mitomas side therefore semedo at fault. He was isolated and had no support, we as a club didn’t deal with the speed of movement, passing and play that Brighton used on occasions.

Back
Top Bottom