Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jose Sa

T

TheConcourse

He’s poor at the moment, but dare I say the least of our problems?

Desperately need that CB. Desperately need cover for Semedo. Desperately need a striker.

Sarkic appears to be 10x worse too. Ah **** it, go get another keeper too.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was sensational against Everton and Man Utd recently. Then other games looks too erratic.

Guess the same goes for all of our players, hence why they play for Wolves.

The least of our issues but he could do with calming down a bit at times!

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s a liability, nor do I think he’s anywhere near the imperious shot stopper we had in his first season.

In my opinion, the fact he basically has no competition for his spot doesn’t benefit his performances as he knows no matter how out of form he is, he won’t be dropped. Similar situation to Patricio when his form took a dive. I reckon J-Lo’s wise to this and expect the keeper department to be overhauled in the summer.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This guy's an idiot. How he gets away with it game after game is beyond me. Wtf does JL think our defenders can play out from the back? If, in all likelihood we're going to lose the ball/give the ball away near our penalty area, just ****ing kick it long and at least we will have lost the ball in their half. Assuming we stay up we need a massive GK upgrade in the summer.

MelbourneWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I can't see how JL will continue with Sa. JL obviously wants to play the ball out from the back to try to out position the opposition and Sa is just too much of a liability at doing that consistently. He normally is a good shop stopper but you can get them anywhere, what sets a great GK apart is the ability to play the ball at their feet.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He obviously tried to anticipate a through ball/cross and wanted to get the jump on it. It was a mistake but not something to get overly worried about in the long term.

I think the bigger issue is his inability to pass the ball out from the back, if JL wants to play that way we're gonna need a keeper who can do it. The problem is most teams are also desperate for a keeper like that.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about starting a topic about Jose Sa, so as someone else has started this topic other supporters must be thinking the same as me, He simply does not give me any confidence when the ball goes anywhere near him I'm sure the defenders must be beginning to feel the same way, as for the goal he should have done much better with the shot he was to far of his line and didnt make a very good effort to keep the shot out, I think Julen will be looking for an upgrade come next season.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
We’ll bring a new keeper in the summer, he’s nowhere near good enough with his feet for what Julen wants.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Klopp knew he was **** with his feet and their earlier pressing exposed this.
I don’t understand why when they’re at Compton they don’t practice and improve day in day out and iron out this obvious flaw.
Tonight he was half soaked like he been given an edible.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was insanely good last season the stats showed it too
Back to his normal level this season I think

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should bid for liverpools serial killer/victim eating keeper tonight. He always looks decent.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui was a goalie?? He must be fuming at Sa throwing the game away.
Sa has been a clown for a year now

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He’s certainly not been as solid this season. His communication with the defence is not great either giving away cheap corners or throw ins. We should be looking to bring in another keeper if for nothing else other than to keep him on his toes but sadly I wish he was the only problem we had. We have lost the art of attack. We just cannot click on the final 3rd. Balls in from either side are generally poor and our forwards do not bust a gut to get in the middle even if a decent ball came in.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously concerned about his performances. What was he doing tonight?

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been really poor this season , was rumoured early in the window to be after a keeper which isnt a shock.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s poor at the moment, but dare I say the least of our problems?

Desperately need that CB. Desperately need cover for Semedo. Desperately need a striker.

Sarkic appears to be 10x worse too. Ah **** it, go get another keeper too.
Think that’s a little unfair.. the defence have been improving week on week since JL arrival.. Liverpool created nothing but a long range effort, West Ham was a clean sheet.. Villa created nothing for 70 mins.. Utd didn’t create too much either.

Still got mistakes in us, but getting better. Sa for me is becoming a problem.. poor distribution and erratic.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa has been very wobbly of late, and his positioning for the decisive goal was inexplicable. JL wants us to draw in opponents for a counter attack, and I am not convinced Sa is capable of remaining calm on the ball and playing past the high press. The ball he knocked straight out for a corner tonight was unbelievable. There was another recentlywhere he sliced a decent enough backpass from Bueno straight out of play, then gave the lad a rollicking! I think this is a position the gaffer might be looking to upgrade in the Summer.

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
We already know that Lopetegui wants to bring in a keeper this January. Speculation it was to be Sa`s no2. Lopetegui clearly does not rate Sarkic, did not even acknowledge him as the players left the pitch at Liverpool. It now appears he needs to sign a no 1 keeper with Sa as no 2. Woeful positioning for the goal and distribution and handling poor.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where has this ****ing around at the back between keepers and ****e centre halves who are not comfortable on the ball come from? I never ever saw it now this season every team is doing it. Whose ****e idea is it?

I have seen plenty of teams concede whilst ****ing around with it at the back and not a single one score from it. So why are all the teams still doing it? Are we are pretending to be Barcelona?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if that wrist/ hand injury is affecting him?
Mind you, some of his decision making when we’re piddling around with it at the back made me extremely nervous. He takes far too much time dithering. And it’s going to cost us very soon.

Not surprised his wrist is still bad, he’s playing like a proper ****er at the moment!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Klopp knew he was **** with his feet and their earlier pressing exposed this.
I don’t understand why when they’re at Compton they don’t practice and improve day in day out and iron out this obvious flaw.
Tonight he was half soaked like he been given an edible.
Practice is a multiplier, not adder. You need certain skill to start with, in order to improve. Sa is not good enough with the ball at his feet, but thinks he is.

E.g. for my first sentence, I have zero musical ability, my mother bought me 10 piano lessons, zero x 10 = zero.
Sa will never play well out of the back so long as he has a zero up his ****.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely awful yesterday for Pools goal,that shouldn´t have been conceded any day of the week.
I sat there wishing we had Kelleher in goal instead.
Like the rest of our team really,it is sink or swimtime.
Sa needs to step it up qualitywise..or he needs to be binned this coming summer.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
If Lopetegui wants to be a serial 'play it out from the back' team, this bloke has got to get moved on.

He can't do it.

fleck1

Reaction score
Some dramatic comments on here, his form has been patchy this season (far from the only one). Was outstanding last season and has been at times this season, he just looks low on confidence with the ball at his feet which was one of his strengths last season. How much of this is to do with what's in front of him, for all their faults Coady and Saiss were comfortable on the ball and playing out from the back. The current back line look in total panic when receiving the ball at times, everything looks rushed, while Sa is being asked to play from the back with players he doesn't feel comfortable giving the ball to.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Some dramatic comments on here, his form has been patchy this season (far from the only one). Was outstanding last season and has been at times this season, he just looks low on confidence with the ball at his feet which was one of his strengths last season. How much of this is to do with what's in front of him, for all their faults Coady and Saiss were comfortable on the ball and playing out from the back. The current back line look in total panic when receiving the ball at times, everything looks rushed, while Sa is being asked to play from the back with players he doesn't feel comfortable giving the ball to.
Very fair comment.

I guess it's up to Lopetegui to distinguish whether it's Sa looking uncomfortable with the ball at his feet because he doesn't trust his centre backs, or whether it's the other way round.

I personally don't trust Collins playing out from the back whatsoever, so perhaps you're right.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are plenty of goalkeepers around who wouldn't cost a lot who are better than Sa he's no better than Sarkic and needs dropping urgently.

Back
Top Bottom