Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jose Sa

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
What annoys me is how often he delays passing the ball from the back which is then often out to one of our defenders pinned against the goal line who then either pass it blind to someone else in trouble or they just hoof it anyway .
We need to stop this nonsense now .

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Klopp knew he was **** with his feet and their earlier pressing exposed this.
I don’t understand why when they’re at Compton they don’t practice and improve day in day out and iron out this obvious flaw.
Tonight he was half soaked like he been given an edible.
Do you think any amount of training would give you the ball skills of an Ederson or Alisson?

Just because a player is a time served professional, doesn't automatically mean adapt new skills just by training more.

If it were that simple, we'd never need to sign a new player, we'd just mould the players we already have in to exactly the player we wanted.

Jack Price would be an Andres Iniesta metronome, Nathan Byrne would be Cafu and Joe Mason would be banging in twenty a season and linking play like Bergkamp.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s basically become the keeper we expected he would be when he signed. Some outrageously good moments with a sprinkling of ****e on top.

He’s currently looking low on confidence and his error for the goal last night was embarrassing for any keeper, not just top flight, but GK is not a position that we desperately need to address this window.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s basically become the keeper we expected he would be when he signed. Some outrageously good moments with a sprinkling of ****e on top.

He’s currently looking low on confidence and his error for the goal last night was embarrassing for any keeper, not just top flight, but GK is not a position that we desperately need to address this window.
I can't remember anything he's done this season that could be described thus.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was brilliant last season. Can he be brilliant again? I don't see why not.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think any amount of training would give you the ball skills of an Ederson or Alisson?

Just because a player is a time served professional, doesn't automatically mean adapt new skills just by training more.

If it were that simple, we'd never need to sign a new player, we'd just mould the players we already have in to exactly the player we wanted.

Jack Price would be an Andres Iniesta metronome, Nathan Byrne would be Cafu and Joe Mason would be banging in twenty a season and linking play like Bergkamp.
Just as an aside , I believe Jose Sa started off as a Centre half so learnt his trade on field rather than between the sticks. His feet skills are ok, his decision making is not so hot !

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very fair comment.

I guess it's up to Lopetegui to distinguish whether it's Sa looking uncomfortable with the ball at his feet because he doesn't trust his centre backs, or whether it's the other way round.

I personally don't trust Collins playing out from the back whatsoever, so perhaps you're right.
Don’t trust Collins playing out from the back? There’s no issue with him on the ball at all

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
What annoyed me last night was the delay in passing the ball to a defender along the goal line who was invariably closed down and under pressure and if not dispossessed had to just hoof it anyway .
We should play percentages and release it but we kept doing it .

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mitrovic’s penalty against Fulham ?
Not the best but it earned us a point
Saving penalties is something that is totally ordinary and expected all goalkeepers save the odd one, some save far more than they should. He hasn't done anything above and beyond in my opinion. I reckon if it wasn't for his major error last night we would have beat Liverpool.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Banked them all last season making people think Lage was doing well and keeping him in a job

He's been off it this season though and being used as an eleventh outfield player doesn't suit him at all, but last night was arguably his worst half in a Wolves shirt, he was all over the place in that first half. He'll be replaced by the summer by someone better with his feet

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We get caught out at least 2/3 times a game trying to be clever with this style of play
Any team that presses us high will get some joy as we patently cant do things fast enough
All the back line are as bad as each other and Sa just seems to panic at times
Ive said this so many times ive bored myself this season
When we have the space and time its fine,but once we can see the opposition pressing more we have to stop and go long occasionally

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Last night the Norwegian commentators on tv here, said it looked like he'd just got of bed.

Last edited:

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem is Sa plays in a position that when he makes a mistake he's likely going to be punished in the harshest possible manner. Bear in mind the number of unforced errors in possession from our defenders recently that they've gotten away with, often due to Sa getting us out of jail.

It also looks to me that once he's played the ball out to defenders it then comes back to him far too regularly resulting in him then being pressed.

He's not been without mistakes this season but he's also had some big important moments (that penalty save vs Forest could prove to be crucial).

It's always positive that he should have competition for his place but personally I'm not otherwise craving that we necessarily need to upgrade him.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm glad you have confidence in him with the ball at his feet.I don't from what I have seen so far.
What issues has he created with the ball? He’s as comfortable as Kilman on the ball and considerably more comfortable than Toti with it

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton he kept us in the game and kept the score down to an extent against Utd. But yea, there’s certainly more of the sprinkling this season for sure.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton he kept us in the game and kept the score down to an extent against Utd. But yea, there’s certainly more of the sprinkling this season for sure.
He would have been my first name on the team sheet before this season, I'm not sure what is causing it but his form this season is simply poor.

Reactions: Ned

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like competition. Two keepers who are close to each other in standard keeps it a bit fresh but its getting harder to keep 2 quality keepers happy, particularly if we go out of cups early!

I dont think playing with a knackered wrist has helped him at all.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's certainly had some strong moments this season, especially considered he's played hurt for large parts of it. He's saved two big penalties that arguably gained us an additional 4 points. More recently, he bailed out Semedo with a brilliant stop against United and made a massive save against Gordon in the Everton game. Even last night when he was poor overall, he still made a tremendous save from Gakpo that would've put the game to bed.

My concern is he doesn't look especially comfortable when the high press is on, which is seemingly how Lopetegui likes to do things. Then again, I don't think any of the defenders are either. It's not all their fault, they need better passing options from the players in front of them.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saving penalties is something that is totally ordinary and expected all goalkeepers save the odd one, some save far more than they should. He hasn't done anything above and beyond in my opinion. I reckon if it wasn't for his major error last night we would have beat Liverpool.

He's ranked third in our squad this season on WhoScored. Yeah, I know, stats blah blah.

Thing is, which other player has gone "above and beyond"? Most of our squad have been embarrasingly below even mid-table standard for this league. He may not be brilliant, but he isn't in our top 5 list of problems. Not even in our top 10 problems.

How can people still keep letting our snail pace midfield and pathetic lightweight forwards off the hook, while clutching at straws to blame anything else?

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was poor last night, seems to lose concentration more this season. Dreadful positioning for the goal and was lucky not to be sent off after Marriner gave that handball

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He’s in a bad run of form. Having to play through a broken wrist for so long probably hasn’t helped.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are plenty of goalkeepers around who wouldn't cost a lot who are better than Sa he's no better than Sarkic and needs dropping urgently.

There's plenty of forwards and midfielders around who wouldn't have costed what we've payed for ours and are a lot better. Look at all those teams above us in the table.

Our only "urgent" problem is our lack of goal scoring.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s definitely something up with him.

I got to the Forest game early and was stood down the front watching him warm up. He didn’t look right at all.

Lots of head shaking, talking to himself. He spent a fair bit of time with his hands on his knees, looking like he was going to be sick.

Might be carrying a bug? Covid? Who knows. Something was definitely up with him though.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don’t be a pedant. I’m not taking about achieving the ball skills of Messi. Some basic drills so his body looks set to receive the ball and he doesn’t like his boots have become ice skates would surely help.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t be a pedant. I’m not taking about achieving the ball skills of Messi. Some basic drills so his body looks set to receive the ball and he doesn’t like his boots have become ice skates would surely help.
My point is, there's only so much can be coached. If memory serves, Matt Murray had it all, except distribution. Which was... middling... at best.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
He does have a habit, of when the ball is being passed back to him, and the ball is travelling on a line that it’d go between the posts, that he shifts and opens his body, as well as almost swapping to kick the ball with the opposite foot he was going to.

It worry me as he misses/mistimes his kick he has no recovery time and the balls going in the back of the net from a back pass.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t be a pedant. I’m not taking about achieving the ball skills of Messi. Some basic drills so his body looks set to receive the ball and he doesn’t look like his boots have become ice skates would surely help.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s the most mentally strong goalkeeper. Whenever he makes a mistake be it small or a howler, he falls to pieces the next half hour and can’t do anything right. He’s a bit like Pickford in that respect or Joe Hart.

Always feel for keepers, there’s just no hiding place, pretty much every mistake ends up in the back of the net.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s the most mentally strong goalkeeper. Whenever he makes a mistake be it small or a howler, he falls to pieces the next half hour and can’t do anything right. He’s a bit like Pickford in that respect or Joe Hart.

Always feel for keepers, there’s just no hiding place, pretty much every mistake ends up in the back of the net.
I think the worst thing keepers can do when they make a blunder is to actively look to make up for it instead of putting it to the back of their mind. After Sa made his error for the goal he came out for a cross that he shouldn’t have done and it nearly cost another goal.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the worst thing keepers can do when they make a blunder is to actively look to make up for it instead of putting it to the back of their mind. After Sa made his error for the goal he came out for a cross that he shouldn’t have done and it nearly cost another goal.
Yeah he’s prone to that.

Really great keepers just block out a mistake and carry on, it seems to get to Jose.

Reactions: Ned

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ll bring this up again, **** off out of this club you useless ****ing idiot. At least twice a game he does this

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where has this ****ing around at the back between keepers and ****e centre halves who are not comfortable on the ball come from? I never ever saw it now this season every team is doing it. Whose ****e idea is it?

I have seen plenty of teams concede whilst ****ing around with it at the back and not a single one score from it. So why are all the teams still doing it? Are we are pretending to be Barcelona?

Point in ****ing case!!!!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That moment has been coming for several weeks. Embarrassing.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has been beyond poor this season, I would be looking for a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom