Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jose Sa new contract

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not too sure whether this is good or bad news? He does make some great saves but he makes some howlers as well and his distribution is ****. I hate this playing out from the back when he's involved.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if the 4 year deal gets him in the leadership group that Gaz talks about

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the most consistent, but I think overall he deserves to keep his spot.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it were me, and Fosun knew what they were doing, replacing him in the summer would have been one of my top priorities. If Bounou, Auriola, Kelleher or Henderson or someone like that had arrived I'd have been overjoyed

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Obviously I've posted a lot of negative stuff recently, but I think some people fail to see the wood for the trees. Moan about the ball at his feet, or the fact that he sometimes gives the ball to the opposition and then we don't bother defending, but there's literally only one goal we've conceded this season where you could lay any significant blame on his actual keeping. Sa is fine by me, actually there are few players I'd moan about, we need to stick with the players as far as possible.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Our no.1 for years to come" Christ, that's probably enough to tip some people over the edge!
This extension is perfectly fine if it helps protect his transfer value, but the idea that Sa is being modeled as our goalkeeper for many years to come would only be a yardstick for our decline. To think, we had Rui Patricio once upon a time...

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering his absolute garbage talent with the ball at his feet and our obsession with playing out from the back it's kinda odd.

But odd is the norm around wolves these days I guess.
I played in goal, never beyond uni or Sunday league. My skill set matched my level I suppose.

At uni we actually played a very progressive possession based style, my kicking wasn't up to actually finding a teammate on a regular basis so I threw it out, I don't know why Sa doesn't do the same!

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I slate him a fair bit for his clown shoe moments, but he should be outstanding for us next season in the Championship.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have been replaced in the summer.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guy bar one game has been a total liability and costing us goals gets rewarded with new contract……

I can only hope this is to protect his resale value…. As he is not a good keeper

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent keeper who can be very good when he’s on it. One of the many first team who benefited from not playing on Tuesday…

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
How many chances does he get? He’s cost us so many goals.
We've let in 12 this season and I've got the Estupinan one where he maybe could have done a bit better (though it wasn't that bad) with the initial shot and then he sold himself a bit assuming there would be a near post shot.

Then you've got the kick out against Liverpool, which was dumb, as was not bothering to defend as the ball came back!

I don't think I'd really fault him for any of the other 10.

Then you've got the absolute world class save that won us the game at Goodison.

He's not even in my top 10 problems and I doubt we could upgrade on him for the pennies we have to spend, it certainly wouldn't be my priority.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the subject though have we ever had a player of the season fall from grace as much as Sa?

DJW

Reaction score
SA is fine. His confidence has wobbled a bit recently but so has the whole team. Yes his distribution could be better but we have a new goalkeeper coach who presumably has given a thumbs up to this extension.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering his absolute garbage talent with the ball at his feet and our obsession with playing out from the back it's kinda odd.

But odd is the norm around wolves these days I guess.
Nothing has to or will makes sense, that's what happens when you have a load of yes men who are all fearing for their jobs every day.
Every day must be like an episode of The Apprentice with them all back stabbing and looking for Jeff's approval.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bentley really is a number 2 in every sense .
We need to sign someone of quality in January to push Sa .
Wish Sa well but he's not a top keeper . He's crap with his feet and quick quality distribution . That said our whole back line can't play out like all the clubs seem to now . Fills me with dread when our lot try it .

Back
Top Bottom